Court Rules Gore Film Biased

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by madanthonywayne, Oct 3, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

After the UK decided to show Al Gore's movie to all school children, a judge has ruled that the children must be informed of the movies bias and scientific inaccuracies.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

hahhahaha....yeah Al Gore was brainwashed, way too much

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I don't think anyone missed the political leanings of Al Gore as expressed in the movie - he quotes his poiitical enemies talking nonsense, for example, without quoting his political friends talking nonsense.

And so UK children must be warned about that political stuff, in advance? Sounds good to me.

So?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

If only they had the same rule in the US. Many students are being fed this crap 3 or 4 times a year in different classes with on warning of its gross bias.

8. Carcano Valued Senior Member

First and foremost, they should be debunking Gore's silly graph showing correlating CO2 and global temperature calibrations.

A closer inspection reveals an inverse causality.

Gore is the master of deception through vagary.

9. tostig Registered Senior Member

Al Gore is also to blame for the war in Iraq.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So the Cons get their silly little disclaimer, but they won't stop showing it. Of course it's politically biased, the right has never been comfortable with science that contradicts their fantasies. The left has always been the more environmentally aware, and they have been proven correct about most things.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

No it doesn't.

You just have to be careful about the argument made. Gore never argues that CO2 buildup initiated or started past warming trends. His argument rests as easily on feedback and intensification as on initial cause.

I imagine that mistake is part of the scientific bias alleged by the parent - which was not recognized by the court. The court mentioned only the political bias, which was obvious to all and humorous to many - Gore got a chance to hit back, and took it, using nothing but quotes from his enemies.

12. Carcano Valued Senior Member

He makes no arguement at all...merely implies with vague hand gestures.

Looky here people...dont it look like them lines kinda fit together?

13. cat2only Registered Senior Member

Sounds like a Kangaroo court to me!

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Couldn't this have waited until the judge's decision is actually handed down? Until then, it's all fairly speculative.

Of course Gore has a political bias, and I would have no problem telling the kids about that. The issue of factual inaccuracies about the climate data in the film is a different one, and as far as I can see, nothing has been said about that so far.

15. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Salon interviews Freeman Dyson in an interview called Our Rosy Future. He calls Al Gore "the chief propagandist" of the global warming cult.

16. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Sounds to me like a money making scam from the guy in Dover. After all who the hell suits up with a lawyer to sue someone over a documentary, it's got nothing to do with inaccuracies just cold hard cash.

17. Learned Hand Registered Senior Member

You know, at some point kids gotta start thinking for themselves. Most grade-schoolers and junior high students probably wouldn't get half of what Gore was actually talking about anyway, so some counterpoint by the teacher or other educational source would be good. But by the time you're in high school, you should have enough self-awareness to be able to critique documentaries for probability, statistic manipulation, and screen out mushy personal and political blogs intertwined with science.

When I was in band in high school, we were given the luxury of watching movies on VCR (a real big thing back then) around the Christmas holiday. Some parental nut thought it inappropriate to play Amadeus because it was PG and he complained to school officials with disapproval. So then we had to sit through The Sound of Music for days on end. Let's just say that once we found out which kid it was, and we (the band members) would make fun of him afterwards by playing excerpts of Mozart before and after class.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

OilIsMastery , Freeman Dyson also thought it would be a good idea to blast our manned rockets into space with nuclear bombs.

19. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

So? It's the people who are never wrong that we have to worry about.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I wish Gore was wrong, but he isn't. Go ahead fiddling while Rome burns.

21. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

When has Gore ever been right?

Allow me to recommend a book to you. It's called The Doomsday Myth: 10,000 Years Of Economic Crises.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

23. cat2only Registered Senior Member