In the Philippines, Ex-Judge Consults Three Wee Friends

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by judgefloro, Sep 20, 2007.

1. judgefloro judgefloro Registered Senior Member

Please do read these long story, it is my sad life, how I became JOBLESS, please have time.

In the Philippines, Ex-Judge Consults Three Wee Friends

Wall Street Journal, Sept. 17, 2007

Mr. Floro Loses His Job
    But Becomes a Celebrity;
    Using a Little Elfin Magic

By JAMES HOOKWAY
    September 17, 2007; Page A1

MANILA, Philippines -- As a trial-court judge, Florentino V. Floro Jr. acknowledged that he regularly sought the counsel of three elves only he could see. The Supreme Court deemed him unfit to serve and fired him last year.

Case closed? Not in the Philippines, where vampires are said to prey on unwary travelers and wealthy politicians consult fortune tellers and card readers. Mr. Floro, 54 years old, has become a media celebrity. He is now wielding his new clout to campaign for the return of his job -- and exact vengeance on the Supreme Court.

Helping him, he says, are his three invisible companions. "Angel" is the neutral force, he says. "Armand" is a benign influence. "Luis," whom Mr. Floro describes as the "king of kings," is an avenger.

Mr. Floro has become a regular on Philippine television. Often he is asked to make predictions with the help of his invisible friends. "They say your show will be taken off the air if you don't feature me more often," was Mr. Floro's reply to one interviewer.

The day after Mr. Floro's first appearance on television last year, hundreds of people turned up at his house in a dusty Manila suburb hoping he could use his supernatural powers to heal their illnesses. Now Mr. Floro, who travels by bus, is regularly recognized on the street.

The Supreme Court says its medical clinic determined that Mr. Floro was suffering from psychosis. Even so, a series of disturbing incidents appear to have the nation's top jurists rattled. According to local newspaper reports, a mysterious fire in January destroyed the Supreme Court's crest in its session hall, and a number of members of the court and their close family members have developed serious illnesses or have fallen victim to car accidents.

Enough bizarre things have happened that in July, the Supreme Court issued an en banc resolution asking Mr. Floro to desist in his threats of "ungodly reprisal." The Supreme Court's spokesman declined to elaborate.

Mr. Floro says he is not suffering from psychosis, and that he's not to blame for the incidents. He points the finger squarely at "king of kings" elf Luis, who Mr. Floro says is bent on cleaning up what he says is the Philippines' corrupt legal system.

Mr. Floro says he never consulted the invisible elves over judicial decisions and the fact that he puts faith in them should make no difference to his career. "It shouldn't matter what I believe in, whether it's Jesus, Muhammad, or Luis, Armand and Angel," he says in an interview.

The Philippines has a long history of mixing organized religion with a deep belief in the supernatural. During the 1950s and 1960s, when the Southeast Asian nation was already an independent republic, the Central Intelligence Agency stoked fears of vampires and ghouls to help its preferred candidates win elections.

The elf, or "duwende," is one of a rich pantheon of supernatural beings that predate the Philippines' colonization by Spanish conquistadors in the 16th century. Many Filipinos make pilgrimages to Mount Banahaw, just south of Manila, which is reputedly the country's capital for elves and other beings

• Read the Philippines Supreme Court decision dismissing Mr. Floro from the service.Jaime Licauco, who teaches parapsychology at San Beda College in Manila, testified on behalf of Mr. Floro in a 2001 hearing. He argued Mr. Floro is mentally fit and argues the former judge's beliefs aren't so unusual in the Philippine context.

Like many others in the Philippines, Mr. Floro says he himself is a Roman Catholic, and once studied to be a priest. He recalls that he wasn't convinced that serving the church was necessarily the best way to serve other Filipinos. He says he thought he could improve more people's lives if he became a lawyer, and he handily passed the bar exams.

Mr. Floro says he first realized he had the power to perceive Armand, Angel and Luis in 1986. In 1998, he applied to switch from being a lawyer to becoming a judge. He passed a mandatory psychiatric evaluation applied to all prospective judges and was sworn in as a regional trial-court judge in November of that year, handling both civil and criminal cases in Malabon, a district in greater Manila.

In 1999, Mr. Floro invited officials from the Supreme Court's administration unit to inspect his small courtroom. What they found unnerved them, and the Supreme Court convened a hearing to determine whether Mr. Floro should be removed from the bench.

According to Supreme Court papers, the court investigators presenting evidence at the hearing said they found Mr. Floro wearing blue robes instead of the normal black. Mr. Floro's own witnesses testified that he wore black on Fridays to "recharge his psychic powers."

The court investigators also reported that Mr. Floro began court proceedings with readings from the Book of Revelation and conducted hands-on psychic healing sessions for members of the public in his chambers during recesses. The investigators said Mr. Floro would sometimes enter a trance to write his rulings.

During the hearing, Mr. Floro revealed his contact with his elves. He also shared with the judges that Luis predicted that then-Philippine President Joseph Estrada would be ousted from office; Mr. Estrada was forced from power by a popular revolt two years later in 2001 and was sentenced last week to life in prison for corruption.

In March 2006, after lengthy delays, the Supreme Court finally dismissed Mr. Floro from the court service, largely because of his belief in the supernatural. Even though Mr. Floro says the elves played no part in his judicial decisions, the Supreme Court justices said his broad faith in mysticism and supernatural phenomena had affected his work. "Lest we be misconstrued, we do not denigrate such a belief system," Associate Justice Minita Chico-Nazario wrote in the Supreme Court's verdict. "However, such beliefs, especially since Judge Floro acted on them, are at odds with the critical and impartial thinking required of a judge under our judicial system."

Mr. Floro dissents. He has filed three appeals of the Supreme Court's decision since then and is continuing his campaign on local television and on the Internet. The Supreme Court hasn't reversed any of his decisions after suspending and later removing him from the bench.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Are you Mr Floro?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

If you were indeed Floro, then you should realise that your 'Three friends" are no friends at all. It's not unusual for people to develop psychological conditions or be psychologically manipulated by 'other powers'. The sorts of powers I refer to are very human.

I'm going to move this thread to the Parapsychology forum since I know first hand that not everything is always as it seems. (It's very easy to be critical of someone's "delusion" and suggest it to be medically related, if of course you don't take into account the state of technology in regards to the area of espionage and how certain "delusions" can be controlled to manifest.)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. judgefloro judgefloro Registered Senior Member

Oh sure, you can move this thread to a proper section, and I am really judge floro
    you can yahoo messenger me in my email address

8. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Stryder, have you ever tripped on to the other side, or is that "beneath" you?

- N

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Says a good deal about the reliability of psychiatric evaluation if he passed...

10. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Not really. Because like he said, it doesn't matter what he is, Muslim, Christian, believes in elves, or whatever. We all have our strange beliefs that people would have no idea about, and it doesn't really seem to affect our daily lives from other's views. The questions asked in the psych evaluation probably never even touched on that area, just things that would have to do with his job.

Personally, I think Floro went overboard by bringing in his spiritual beliefs into the courtroom changing the color of his robes, doing personal counsel, etc etc, however, I guess that's commonplace from what I read about the whole local elves and vampires culture bit, so hey, who knows. Their laws. If they wanna use that stuff, so be it. If not, keep those elvish beliefs to yourself and not in the courtroom and it won't matter what you believe in because people won't know or see that it's affecting your decisions in court. His spiritual beliefs are no different than any other person's religion, but when you start to bring that into the courtroom, then there's a problem.

- N

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Hmmm?

12. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yeah, but was that before, or after, the psych evaluation? I doubt anyone would ever be asked if they believe in little elves, a flying spaghetti monster, or whatever. They'd probably just be asked relevant questions that have to deal with being a judge, otherwise a psych test can get pretty crazy, making the questionnaire look more looney than the person in question, lol.

Sorry, but nobody asked me whether or not I like to have a doorknob rammed up my bum while being slapped with a Bible as I scream out the name "Bobo Komodo". I also like to wear female panties underneath my robes while my body is covered with leeches, sucking out the evilness of Satan so as to give only the righteous decision before the accused.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

13. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

He'd had twelve (TWELVE) years of "seeing" these things a psych evaluation didn't discover it?

You wanna be a judge?
    Surely one of the questions would be "From where, and how, do you derive your judgement on right and wrong?"
    Meh.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Floro, do you claim that those elves objectively exist or do you know and acknowledge that they are constructs of your own mind?

15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

And do you see them during your normal waking hours, or only when either asleep or on hallucinogens?

- N

16. judgefloro judgefloro Registered Senior Member

Iceland Still Believes in Elves and Ghosts

According to a recent study on superstition in Iceland supervised by Terry Gunnell, associate folklore professor at the University of Iceland, a significant portion of participants would not rule out the existence of elves and ghosts.

The results of the study were similar to those of a study conducted in 1974 by Professor Erlendur Haraldsson, Fréttabladid reports.

“Icelanders seem much more open to phenomena like dreaming the future, forebodings, ghosts and elves than other nations,” Gunnell said.

Only 13 percent of participants in the study said it is impossible that elves exist, 19 percent found it unlikely, 37 percent said elves possibly exist, 17 percent found their existence likely and eight percent definite. Five percent did not have an opinion on the existence of elves.

More admitted to believing in ghosts. Only seven percent said their existence was impossible, 16 percent unlikely, 41 percent possible, 18 percent likely and 13 percent definite. Four percent had no opinion on the existence of ghosts.

Gunnell was surprised by the results because the Icelandic society has changed considerably since 1974 when Haraldsson revealed that more Icelanders believed in supernatural phenomena than other nations.

“Many factors could have affected these numbers,” Gunnell said. “A growing belief in haunting can be traced back to Hollywood movies. The city and its houses are also growing older and the countryside is becoming more mysterious.”

The study was undertaken in 2006 and 2007 by the University of Iceland’s Faculty of Social Sciences and supported by the university’s Research Fund. About 1,000 people participated in the questionnaires.

The results have not been fully assessed yet and interviews with some of the participants are scheduled in the near future. The final results of the study will be introduced in December.

==

Monday, September 24, 2007
    Arinday: Self-cherishing, psychosis & other oddities
    By G.H. Arinday, Jr.
    Sunfare

N LIFE, we encounter a lot of oddities and beg for the sublime task to render the same into linguistic idioms.

If we say that he is an “odd man out,” the interpretation is as varied as the hues of the rainbow jealously misted by the dark nimbus cloud.

Can you recall of a former regional trial court judge in Bulacan who was eased out of his office because he was said to be suffering from psychosis according to Supreme Court magistrates?

Well, former RTC judge Florentino V. Floro Jr., who confessed cavorting with his three elfin friends (Luis, the “neutral force; Armand, a “benign influence”; and Angel, as the “king of kings” and as an “avenger” in the penning of his decisions), has become a sort of an international media celebrity.

No less than “The Wall Street Journal,” in its September 17, 2007 issue and bylined by James Hookway, featured the dismissed judge who claimed in an interview that: “It shouldn’t matter what I believed in, whether it’s Jesus, Muhammad, or Luis, Armand, and Angel.”

What the former judge said is equivalent to “self-cherishing” as the fundamental concept of the Buddhist’s philosophy on “how to enhance cherishing love.”

In writing the verdict dismissing the judge, considering him as suffering from psychosis largely because of his belief in the supernatural, Associate Justice Minita Chico-Nazario said he has “his broad faith in mysticism and supernatural phenomena.”

“Lest we be misconstrued, we do not denigrate such a belief system...However, such beliefs, especially since Judge Floro acted on them, are at odds with the critical and impartial thinking required of a judge under our judicial system.”

It is not the first time that former Judge Floro attracted those engaged in human interest stories. He has been featured in English newspapers, international or regional, before “The Wall Street Journal” gave him some kind of prominence.

The world of mystics has intrigued me a lot like the paranormal analysis of psychic Jaime Lichauco and the so-called “supernatural” and extra-sensory perceptions.

Accordingly, “there is no accepted explanation of mysticism and few psychologists have interested themselves in its practice,” says The Columbia Encyclopedia.

Philosophers William James gave up after failing finding the answer. On the other hand, Henri Bergson made a significant philosophical evaluation.
    Bergson, whose psychological or philosophical lectures were attended by “fashionable ladies” of his time surpassing that of Thomas Carlyle’s thought of mysticism as “subjective meditation” or a “vitalist philosophy” akin to romanticism.

The notion of Bergson’s philosophy is the strands of continuity in probing deeper into the mysteries of life like the growth of the folk-soul or beliefs on something outside of empiricism.

But former Judge Floro’s venture into the supernatural is overshadowed by the lawsuit filed by self-proclaimed agnostics of Nebraska, Senator Ernie Chambers of Omaha, seeking a permanent injunction against God as reported by foreign news agencies.

And lo, behold, the injunction suit was answered by “God” who was charged with “human oppression and suffering misses an important matter.”

As it was written, the answer was “signed by God,” citing St. Michael the Archangel as a witness,” and “God” was quoted that “I created man and woman with free will and next to the promise of immortal life, free will is my greatest gift to you.”

Ho-hum! Such strange things are component of life’s existence. How would we treat the Nebraskan state senator? Consign him to limbo? But the place is exclusively for those “under probation” or inmates in the purgatory.

Definitely, we cannot classify him on the same level with former Judge Floro, the latter being a firm believer in mystical matters, but Chambers is a class by himself.

For more Philippine news, visit Sun.Star General Santos.

17. judgefloro judgefloro Registered Senior Member

they are holy angels of God part of the 9 choirs of angels, just that spain colonized us filipinos and we borrowed the word duende to dwende meaning dwarf

18. judgefloro judgefloro Registered Senior Member

oh yes,

you can ym me at judgefloro@yahoo.com

and you can view my videos on YouTube

just type judge floro

and the 27 videos on healing on television here are yours for free

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Just ask a friend over to verify that the little people are actually there or better yet why not just video tape them when they appear?

20. judgefloro judgefloro Registered Senior Member

definately

and sure

look at my pics and you can email me or ym me

or even call me

0927-3440957

or (044) 662-8203
    philippines digitel

21. judgefloro judgefloro Registered Senior Member

they are ahead of science,
    they cannot be captured on film like those silly and phoney psychic films of ghosts they are baloney

my 3 dwarves are spiritual angels that take human form and can only be seen by little children who are unscientific

they are so secretive

22. judgefloro judgefloro Registered Senior Member

my mild retarded brother due to his gifted condition sees them physically,

while i only see them per the violet and white lights and in visions

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Then have a child take a picture.