Calling the US from Mexico on Cell Phone

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mickmeister, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

I was in Mexico this weekend trying to call back to the US and was cut off every time. I am going to be frequenting Mexico from now on. Does anyone here know how to call back to the US on a US cell phone? I was able to receive calls, but couldn't make any outgoing. I use AT&T service. I have Googled and found that other people have also searched for the same topic, but nothing valid comes up. Thanks.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. vslayer Registered Senior Member

ask one of the locals what the code is to dial a foreign number.(eg, 011 in ontario)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Cell phones depend on the proximity of cell phone towers/transmitters. If there aren't any towers nearby, you're shit outta' luck. And it's not just in Mexico or some foreign country, there are many areas right in the good ol' USA that have no cell phone towers.

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

You didn't quite catch all the details, Baron. Since he can receive calls, then he's certainly close enough to the towers at times to make them, too. The problem has to have something to with his contract in terms of interantional calling (point of origin) or some technical/accounting problem with his calls not being processed.