Doctor fired for refusing to provide nonemergency care for illegal immigrants.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by desi, Aug 30, 2007.

1. desi Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

what was the hospital thinking?
    We pay taxmoney with these buggers, who are leeches, illegal immigrants...and now they want nonemergency care?!!!!

It is time to take out all illegal immigrants once and for all.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

"Sacramento County knowingly violated state and federal laws, misappropriated taxpayer revenues and diverted funds designated for indigent citizens to pay for services delivered to illegal aliens,"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

"I've seen cases and case histories of patients who essentially have come up from Mexico for the express purpose of being treated here, and then leaving to return home," Dr. Rogers said. "I've watched illegal immigrants brazenly demand free, non-emergency health care that was meant for our poorest citizens.
    I've heard them and their families complain. They feel entitled to it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070827/EDITORIAL/108270019/1013

write to your senators people.

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

They should be treated, then deported. Their names, fingerprints, and any other info needed should be taken so that they can be immediately arrested and deported should they show up here again.

9. draqon Banned Banned

NO THEY SHOULD NOT BE TREATED. like unwanted acid rain they pour through city taking away that which has been built for centuries.

They will come back and other will come as well. Their identities cannot be tracked, they are illegal immigrants.

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

You can't deny emergency care. It's not right, illegal or no.

But I think the government should determine the immigration status of anyone they come into contact with who can't speak English. That means the police, the schools, the fire department, the welfare dept, the DMV. Anytime someone can't speak English, show me your papers.

If nothing else, it would motivate people to learn English.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

madanthonywayne,

I agree that they should receive emergency treatment and that is as far as it should go, after that, or if it isn't emergency care their names, fingerprints, and any other info needed should be taken so that they can be immediately arrested and deported should they show up here again, and we should bill the Mexican Government for the services rendered.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

it was a non emergency.
    probably hiccups or a hangnail. possibly dandruff.

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

do to the hippocratic oath a doctor cannot refuse to treat someone on the basis of something th if they are or aren't a legal alien

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Actually he wasn't fired for refusing to provide care for immigrants

And if you read on you get a good indication why he was really fired:

He was making his own rules regarding policy while that was not in his job description. Not a team player.

Clearly you cannot expect that a capitalist enterprise keeps employees that do not abide by the rules.

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Does anyone see them as human beings?

16. John99 Banned Banned

That should be asked of the place they came from. The point is they are taking away from others who need the care and are also poor.

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so those who need care and are poor are taking away from those who need care and are poor?

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, sure. But even you realize that there are good people and bad people, don't you? I mean, murderers and rapists and child molesters are human beings, but what does that mean?? Don't you still think of them as "bad" people, as opposed to "good" people?

Baron Max

19. draqon Banned Banned

Hitler is a human too.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Whatever. This is just another right-wing editorial intended to demonize Mexicans.

Exactly, it's none of his business. Illegal immigration is a Federal issue.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't want illegals here. It is too damn easy to get a green card and there is no excuse. it's ILLEGAL.
    But, I've been poor. I've had to take my child to the ER, with no insurance. I can't even imagine being turned away.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think they would like that, a little dinner and dancing, perhaps a movie...then back to your place for some margaritas...

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

:yay: LOL