Are YOU Destined To Burn For Eternity?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by (Q), Aug 26, 2007.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Do you follow your religion to a tee? Is there anything you've done in your life that would justify your god tossing you into his hell? Can you honestly admit to yourself that you do everything your religion prescribes for you to get into your heaven?

Or, do you think your god has already decided you will burn for eternity in his hell?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

No matter what I do, I just need to accept JESUS as my savior, and I'm safe. What a deal!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Nope, it ain't as easy as that. You must be truly repentant. My guess is that Jesus isn't going to be so easily fooled as you'd like to think.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

I will speak on behalf of the theist, since as an atheist, I am of course right.

1) There is no god.

if there is a god, then:

2) There is no afterlife

if there is an afterlife, then:

3) Trivial human behavior/beliefs has no say in what your afterlife will be like

If your religious behavior/beliefs really do influence your afterlife then... Well, safe to say we probably never got past number one, never mind reaching number three.

8. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Well, since jesus was apparently just some dude with charisma 2000 years ago, who passed into oblivion when he died, just like the rest of us, I'd say that "fooling" him would be a pointless exercise.

But the thrust of my point is that "believers" think they can get away with all kinds of crap in his name and still go to "heaven" because they're truly repentant.

What a fucking cop out. On the one hand, you can be Truly Repentant[sup]TM[/sup] on your death bed and be SAFE, but if you get to judgment one millisecond before you finish your repenting, you're doomed to burn in hell, not just for a while, but ETERNITY!!!

What a crock of mythological bullshit.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Actually I use SPF 3000, keeps that nasty burn away!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i dont think anyone will burn i think when your dead thats it, your dead!

i know someone who thinks that if you live your life to a good standard then your going to be ok! but thats not for me,

11. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

To be "truly repentant" means to change your mind about how you live and think about God etc. resulting in a different way of life altogether--not perfect, but DIFFERENT...if you're playing games with God, refusing to obey His Word which tells you essentially "DO IT (repent; change) NOW", don't you think God knows that? Don't you know that? You know you're not serious anyway, right? Otherwise, you'd certainly jump at the chance to change your mind about your current 'situation'...but you don't really believe Him...Whatever...your whole conception above is flawed from the outset and given that, not surprisingly, you perceive it/write it off as a crock of mythological bullshit...that's precisely what your misconception is--and even you recognise this. If you truly understood what it is you think you're talking about, there's absolutely no way that

1.) you'd come to that conclusion and,
    2.) you'd continue thinking as reflected by your writing rather repent and trust Christ.

You simply don't "get it"...and until you do, there isn't the slightest chance you'll repent...so, as it stands right now, guess what?

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Photizo

How do you know you're not already predestined for an eternity of hell? Perhaps there IS something you've already done or will do in the future that will decide this fate.

13. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

What I've done (past, present, and future) already sent Someone to hell 2000 yrs ago...

Despite the fact I anticipate nothing but a cynical response I will tell it to you straight and what you do with this information is up to you...but, you did ask me how I know...well, I know, because first of all, I Trust the Author of Scripture who advised/exhorted me to repent and trust Christ--which I did...subsequently, I was indwelt by the Holy Spirit, i.e. God Himself Who--among other things--reveals/guarantees to me the truthfullness of His Word (e.g. 1 Corinthians 2:10-16). In His Word, He states the following concerning those who have trusted Christ: Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ...that "good work" which God has begun (and WILL perform) within me amounts to this: For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the Image of his Son...essentially, I'm on a different path, a path leading to conformity with Christ Himself, and this actually is what the Christian life--Eternal Life--is all about...a process by which the events of ones life are now understood to be part and parcel of a Divine Master Plan which is guaranteed not to fail: Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

As is evident, past, present, and future are all included in that statement...while on the one hand time is of the essence with each generation, on the other it is of no threat or consequence concerning those whose lives are hidden with Christ IN God...my salvation, glorification, i.e. conformity to Christ is, as the saying goes, a done deal. Interestingly, the Bible nowhere speaks of anyone being "predestined for an eternity in hell"...when mentioning predestination it only speaks of those predestined to conformity with Christ.

What I have done, am doing, or will do, has already been taken care of by God...what HE has done, is doing, and will do--concerning me--is all that matters.

So, there you have it...God is infinitely gracious and kind.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  14. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

So much mythology, so little reason.

15. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Burning for eternity woulld be a wonderful alternative to the reality of what's going to happen to me when I die.

16. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Really? What might that be?

17. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Non-existence.

18. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

I'd give you 5 seconds of burning in hell before you wish for non-existence.

As it happens, I'd take non-existence over heaven any day of the week. I was non-existent for billions of years and I have to say, it wasn't that bad. Better than floating around for eternity getting bored of bliss.

19. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Pause for incoming rant...

First they must convince you that you are so evil that excrement is more righteous than you are, simply because it can never sin. Amen? Then they will try and convince you that you should really be killed, right now, on the spot, because you have made some mistakes in your life and because you are not perfect. You know, all it takes is just one little mistake and you are worthy of death and eternal condemnation!

Then if they can pull all of that off they will try to convince you that your own mind is so flawed and so evil and so incapable of ever seeking or finding the truth that you must come to them and only them for the truth. Each of them, in their pride, thinks that they know and have the truth, yet no two of them can ever fully agree on what that truth actually is.

They have been known to kill even their own Christian brothers over these little disagreements about the truth. Most of them will at the very least condemn anyone, even other Christians, to hell if they do not agree with them.

After you have been stripped of all self-worth, self-confidence, common morality, and reason, they will teach you and attempt to rebuild you into their own particular brand of truth and teach you to condemn everyone else who disagrees with you to hell, as well. They care about you until you disagree with them, then they will drop you like a hot potato. They only truly love those who agree with them. Everyone else is a threat!

They replace reason with non-reason since reason is thought to be evil and prideful. Perhaps, in reality, they just fear reason because it can interfere with their almost total control of another person's emptied mind.

Fortunately, no one on this forum, bless their heart, is like this!
    Relax! I am talking about all those other Christians, not you!

20. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

And exactly why is that anything to fear at all? I'm with KJC on this one. Oblivion is exactly equivalent to the state (that being no state at all) of anything that does not currently exist. Try to put yourself in the position of a human who has never existed! Can't do it, right? Absurd, right? There's no suffering, no peace, no torment, no rest - nothing. The lack of anything. What's to fear?

21. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Loss of everything(hence the state of nothing).

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You had nothiing before you were born and you'll have nothing to take with you when you're dead. why waste time wondering what will happen when you die and just get out there and LIVE!!!

23. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Of course i don't do everything all the time. But the basic flaw in your mind is you think that doing is the key to eternity not believing.

I do not know if I have eternity with God because i do not know my own future. Maybe one day i will become a rejector of the Love of Jesus and join those who have rejected Jesus in the lake of fire to be in torment for eternity. But at the present moment i know i have eternity with God because i believe Jesus.

So at the present moment i am in a state of salvation. I do not know my future however so it is possible that i could reject the gift of salvation. My salvation is not based on being Good but believing in Good.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days