Why are all the evolution threads getting locked?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by John99, Aug 26, 2007.

1. John99 Banned Banned

Just wondering. I dont see what the big deal is.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Unscientific trolls.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

everything should stand up to scrutiny. and what is science anyway, if not to learn and push the envelope. i dont make policy here so it does not matter to me and someone is footing the bill here so who am i to say what can be posted and cannot? just thought it was ok to ask questions and to question.

we cannot hide behind a word and just say that is it, that is the way. lets keep things in perspective, science gave us many good things, it also gave us cheese wiz.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I should have stated that it's only my guess and not official information.
    Ask the Biology forum mod.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Questions are fine, but pointless trolling is not permitted in Biology and Genetics.

There is a sticky on evolution and those who so wish can refer to it instead of reinventing the wheel in every thread

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=69594

I suggest all further questions make it mandatory to first read the sticky posts.

9. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Yes, so make sure you have some actual ground upon which you can scrutinize. Just saying "no evolution sucks waaa", like most naysayers essentially do, isn't good enough.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

There's a difference between questioning and simply ridiculing an idea you don't like. Some people who are ignorant of what evolution is do ask genuine, worthwhile questions, and those are welcome as far as I'm concerned. But please don't pretend they are the majority of anti-evolutionists.

In an analogy: Questioning : trolling :: apples : chairs. This is the heart of the problem behind the locked evolution threads.