How do you start a cult?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Oniw17, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

How would a person go about starting a successful cult?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Develop a lot of eccentric charisma.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Then use hypnosis and brainwash desperate people.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Isn't that pretty much re-phrasing the question?

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

write up a plan that preys upon the weakness and desperation of man, try to prey on the fear of death. target teenagers who are depressed and easily moulded.

make sure you know about spiritual "knowledge" or stuff that sounds cool. try to incorperate ideas from other religions or groups to save you time.

make them feel like they are a special part of something big and secret. i was thinking of doing this myself to earn money.

peace.

9. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Oniw17, Oniw17 :C~ come... join ma usss... yes usss.. come join uss. we are 1, part of the whole, part of the spirit that is unique to this world. That spirits name is Oen, Oen is a powerful lord of this planet

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

No offense, but I don't think you could even convince someone with the intelligence of a slug to join your cult.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

me or darksiddz?

peace.

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

darksiddz of course. You'd make a fine evil genius.

13. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Avatar, you are to be one with Oen, he needs your strength so his own will become stronger. With Oen together all things are possible, nothing is beyond a means of real. Oen made the world when the salt of his loains fell to the rock of this land. Oen is the only one with power to give you your dreams...

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

well i have been working on my super villian skills since early childhood. and yes to join darkz cult you need to understand him first.

peace.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

*pulls out his decoder ring*

peace.

16. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

What does Oen look like, Oh wise leader?

17. John99 Banned Banned

It is easy. First you have to be appealing visually, then you have to be appealing mentally, then you have to tell them what they want to hear, then you have to foster us .vs them mentality (like Atheism does), then you need to convince followers they were victimized by 'them'. Easiest is to find people already victimized and tell them what they want to hear. Most cult leaders are out for sex and money- nothing more- nothing less.

18. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

You have to come up with a new angle on an old philosophy (or a mixture of philosophies) and really, really believe in it. You must try to spread your new gospel as far and wide as possible at every given opportunity, constantly refining it to make the message as credible as can be. You must find weak willed people that are impressed by your philosophy and your own personal charisma, brainwash them with your ideas and get them to start rounding up new recruits and so expand the process.

Meanwhile, you write books extolling your philosophy, befriend people in the entertainment medias, create publicity events (stunts), get yourself on Youtube, Myspace, Facebook and every other high profile network and make loads of new 'friends'. The greatest trick is to sell your philosophy for 'free', while amassing untold fortunes through donations.

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Scientology though...

20. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Take some public speaking courses, learn magic and perform a few "miracles".

21. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

What do you mean by appealing visually? Do you have to be attractive?Why is there a need for us vs. them mentality, and why is it necessary to convince them there were vitimised? Is that the only way to be successful? For example, bodybuilding clubs seem to be semi-successful cults without the need of us vs. them mentality. Also, AA seems pretty successful, and it works with almost the same mechanics of a cult.

How exactly do you go about brainwashing them? Also, if they're truely weak-willed, why should you expect them to have the charm to rectruit more members?
    Such as?

22. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Yes, yess my pet, yess... Oen resembles this creature http://www.starpulse.com/pictures/2007/01/26/previews/Rebecca Romijn Stamos-SGG-029798.jpg but Oen is all powerful and has many abilities this being lacks.

As one with Oen you will learn to delve into the deeper parts of your mind, looking at the photo of this female we see she resembles a fish thing, thus Oen too resembles a fishlike entity. Understand Oen only seeks you to join him in the new world.

23. Tnerb Banned Banned

Sounds like elderscrolls oblivion