Did God contact man first?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Why?, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Why? Registered Senior Member

Who contacted who first? Did God contact man, or did man seek out and find God? The later makes more sense, otherwise, why did God wait to contact man?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Neither happened. 'God' is a man-made anthropomorphization of reality; hence, 'God' is an invention of man.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What Crunchy Cat said. And according to the bible God made man, so no one is contacting anyone there either.:shrug:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Man studied the night skies as he wandered upon the Earth. He created stories about the stars and planets and elements and told them around ancient campfires. He depicted the patterns in the night skies as god-like beings. I don't think man set out to search for a god. I think he was just amusing himself. Over thousands of years, his stories turned into legends, and his legends turned into myths which later man mistakenly believed to be the truth. By the time ancient man learned to write, the stories were written down by men who didn't understand ancient myth. Then his story was told that a god in the heavens created man, and the dying rising god (the sun) saved man from darkness (sin), and they put it in a book they called the bible, which was just another way ancient man amused himself. Can you believe some people still believe it's the truth?

8. John99 Banned Banned

and there is no chance that man is an invention?

9. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

The answer really depends on if you believe in God. Sort of a silly question....I mean if you are a Christian, then you need to read the first couple chapters. If you were not Christian, it is sort of like you are asking a question that anthropology can answer....but, yet, you assume that there is a god by your question...i'm confused. Either way, it just seems like a silly question...i'm really confused...this was so much fun...NOT!

You aren't a nutjob who thinks god is an alien are you?

10. John99 Banned Banned

There is no mechanism in nature to conclude that nature in and of itself understands purpose or operates with any decision making ability.

Can we simply conclude that humans are the only type in the universe with the ability to reason. Simply having a larger brain is not a good enough explanation.

Do you think the taste bud happened by chance?

just throwing stuff out there.

11. John99 Banned Banned

yeah

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Go teach yourself on evolution.

13. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Have you checked the universe lately?

14. John99 Banned Banned

i don't understand that.

who has?

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Fine. Go educate yourself on natural selection. Better ?

16. John99 Banned Banned

i meant i do not understand it the way it was worded. where are you from Enmos?

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

From the Netherlands. I guess it was not worded properly, my apologies.

18. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

To the best of our knowledge, the process of evolution is not sentient.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

you always forget to mention something, thats your personal opinion of what happend. you always speak as though its a proven fact.

it is also just as probable that people tried to understand the universe, came up with a philosophy of an eternal infinite being who can create. and came to the conclusion that something created the known universe and earth. a father of existence.

dont be so quick to assume you know things that happened thousands of years ago, that were not recorded and you have no evidence for.

peace.

20. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Everything I write is my opinion unless I cite references. If you don't like my style of writing, don't read my posts. I assure you, you will not be missed.

21. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

At the beginning, man knew God; he had to go nowere to seek for it, because it is already there, it is our nature. But due to the increase in population, men had to create bigger egos for survival (ate from the tree of knowledge) and fell astray from God.
    God is still there, it is still the same, and the only difference is that man does not know it.

22. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

It just occured to me that the whole 'ate from the tree of knowledge' thing is actually a way to de-value education. Interesting.

23. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Yes, it is a way to de-value our so-called-education. That by the way, it is all subject to revision due to the "observer" quality of our predecessors.