Need help with sound drivers

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by ashpwner, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

what is the best sound drivers i can download for free that i would get the best quality out of or shoudl i just stick with my own ones?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

lol

sound drivers are there to identify a physical sound system connection. You can't just decide to download some other driver and make it work...you need to have that driver's physical sound system inside your computer.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

oh well don't i deel dumb......... thanks anyway

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

are you the same one i told to download "everest home edition"?
    if not then download it. when asking questions about hardware run the above program to see what hardware you have in your machine then post what everest reports.

sound quality depends on bit rate, the faster the rate the more samples can be taken per second. the more samples the closer the reproduced signal will be.

some have stated digital processing can never equal analog because of the slight jumps. i disagree but i regress.

like i said, sound quality depends on bit rate, this rate can be set with windows built in utilities. some cards have proprietary apps such as software equalizers and sound effects. these programs are not freeware but are sold as "bundles" for the card in question.

8. firdroirich A friend of The Friends Registered Senior Member

Is it for listening or for production? If it's for listening, then as long as you can hear it, there isn't much else you can do, short of buying a better sound card. For production you could reduce latency with ASIO drivers for instance.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.