Back to Jerusalem: 10K New Christians/day in China

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by madanthonywayne, Aug 9, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

A recent article reports that there are 10,000 new Christians per day in China. The estimated number of Christians already in China is 100 million. If this figure is correct, Christians would outnumber members of the communist party in China.

These new Christians are mainly evangelicals and have an audacious plan to complete the spread of Christianity around the world.

This plan is called "Back to Jerusalem". Christianity started there and then spread West to Europe to America and to China. The Chinese evangelicals want to convert the Muslims and thereby complete the circle of Christianity around the world.

Even if this plan never comes to pass, the increasing number of Christians in China is significant and, if it continues, may have profound effects on China and its role in the world.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I have little doubt that there are more Christians in china then there are in Europe.

The fact is that Christianity has been persecuted in china for a long time, but the funny thing about persecution is that it refines the body of Christ making the body that exists far more dedicated to the Word of God then a church full of luke warm believers. You cannot be a fence sitting luke warm Christian in china, all of them get driven out as soon as persecution comes. The refined and more dedicated and serious Church body that is left is far more able to bring the Word of God to others with passion and courage and conviction.

Persecution always makes a people stronger. Maybe the Chinese authorities will follow the European example and go down the constantine route.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Thanks for replying to this thread. I thought it was interesting. Apparently no one else does.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I think the statistic more frightful than interesting :|

8. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Well, people in China have been living in a very oppresive government for quite a while; no wonder they relate to Christianity, it is a very oppresive religion.

9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Frightening? What's frightening about it? I'd expect Christianity to have a positive influence on the Chinese.