Legally Blonde: The Musical

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Tiassa, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I believe I have the perfect word to describe this notion: "Why?"

Look, I've been trying to not say anything about this ever since I started seeing ads for it online and in magazines. As one who believes art plays a vital role in civilized society, it is my obligation to not be a curmudgeon. But the song "Ohmigod You Guys", from the soundtrack of Legally Blonde: The Musical is one of the free songs offered at the iTunes music store this week. Of course I'm going to download it. I'm not blaming them for that.

But the song attests to something I suspected: I will avoid the road show as I would cholera.

I tolerated the movie of Grease. I adore the Rocky Horror Show in all its forms. I don't specifically despise anything about Little Shop of Horrors. Neil Simon works well for me, on either stage or screen. This isn't about stage vs. screen.

This is about the fact that the movie was a bad enough idea. Turning it into a freakin' stage musical is a crime against humanity. And thanks to a free, sanctioned download from iTunes, I now have the evidence to prove it.

God, this thing will get played, what ... cracks and shards, what have I done?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i hope that you can keep it in america and not get it shipped over here to the uk.

the thing with "the rocky horror picture show" was that its was brilliant, tim curry was amazing, the songs were funny and they were very well written, but legally blonde was just tripe!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Even scarier, while I was looking to see if they've scheduled an opening date for London, I had a scary moment when I realized just how out of it I am. Kurt Loder still works for MTV. Absolutely frightening.

No information on when we will be inflicting our European neighbors with this sad disease.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

thats ok it can go to London i live miles away from there, so they can keep it.