Schumann Resonance increasing?

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Joeman, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Sorry,

I haven't posted here in a long time. I did a quick search and nobody mentioned it so far.

There is a rumor on the internet about schumann resonance increasing from the default 7.8 Hz to 12 recently. I know for fact that this frequency is hard to measure due its low Q. Some Russian scientists came up with this 12 number, but many US scientist said it increases slightly because of global warming.

There are many websites that claim that when it reaches 13 in year 2012, the magnetic pole will flip and the earth will start spinning the other way. Some websites even claim that according to ancient records from 12,000 years ago, the Sun used to rise from the West.

Some New Age religion websites claim that the Earth will change and we will reach the end of the current era in 2012 as predicted by the Mayan Calender.

I don't really know what to believe. What do you guys think?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mikasa11 Registered Senior Member

The last magnetic reversal on earth was a few hundred thousand years ago which means we are most likely due for another change sometime soon.

I've heard something about the world ending in 2012 but the problems that would arise from this magnetic reversal would be minor at best. (Animals migratory paths getting switched around)

There has also been evidence that this so called magnetic reversal is already starting to take place due to a slight weakening in the earth's magnetic field.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Wheels in Wheel Registered Member

An article on the movement of the magnetic pole.

magnetic-pole-shift-forces-closure-tampa-bay-airport-runway- (i can't post links)

A paper about how the Schumann resonance changes with high energy particles
    (So what about high energy waves that exist beyond the physical dimention... it's all resonance)

google: schumann_resonancechanges.pdf (can't post links)

I believe the new age camp has alot of the information regarding the events happening at the moment, and also whats about to happen.

I believe we're all powerful spiritual beings and our conscious awareness is the most powerful force in the universe. We need to live in harmony with the frequencies that resonate around us, in the form of the earth and nature, while we search inside ourselves for the energy connection to the universe that we all share.

As a Reiki master i can tangibly experience this connection, and feel the energies flowing through me. Before discovering reiki i was a biochemistry student and had been hell bent on becoming a scientist. Now i see how fulfilling it is to live a simple healthy and spiritual life and it has changed my life completely. I will still finish my degree and see what happens, but there comes a point where after enough personal experience, that we will all admit that we're beings of love and light far removed from the physical world that our egos identify with.

Keep on searching.
    Understand every paradigm.
    Become your own evolution.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Ok how is the magnetic shift going to cause earth to spin in the opposite direction? If I had a metal pool ball, I suppose it could be done with an external magnet. But within the pool ball itself, enough energy to flip its rotation.. ehh I just don't get it with my rudimentary thought experiment.

8. kurros Registered Senior Member

Fear not, the Earth will definitely not start spinning in the opposite direction. Any event with enough energy to cause that to happen would tear the Earth apart, or at least return it to a fiery state similar to when it first formed. A magnetic field reversal will do nothing to the Earth's spin.

9. Lady Historica Banned Banned

If anything a pole reversal might be caused by the resonance from the black hole we are going to pass during the alignment. It would switch much like an optical lens off a pair of binoculars or sunglasses flips.