Any Americans tired of getting shat on?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by weed_eater_guy, Jul 15, 2007.

1. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

I lived in Germany for many years, and when I came to live in America for the first time, alot of people were kinda clueless about the magnitude of foreign opinion poised against us. Understandable though, as unlike Europeans, most Americans are not within a couple hundred miles of a foreign country, so it's easier for Americans to become introverted...

But still, any americans on this forum that have had good first-hand accounts of prejudice to you as an individual based solely on the fact that you're an American?

My favorite was when little kids threw stones at me and some friends and called us Nazis.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

ahhh... good times

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Willy Banned Banned

I would not call it prejudice, I would call it jealousy.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

And that, my friend, is exactly the attitude that creates it.

Like Lewis Black said...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Theres really nothing to be jealous of unless you want to start counting bombs.

In terms of the overall standard of living and quality of life, America is not in the top spot.

8. Willy Banned Banned

Try to convince that to the mexicans.

9. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The mexicans dont live anywhere near europe.

10. peta9 Registered Senior Member

That is not the reason, it just appears that way. The real reason is the perceived social and political stand of the average american, the intent is to criticize this but when the person stands in front of the bullet they will be criticized because then they are willingly becoming synonymous.

11. oreodont I am God Registered Senior Member

The attitude towards Americans is a new phenomenon. There has always ben anti-Americanism (the state) but folks in most countries distinguished the individual from the government. This has changed in the last 5 years.

The 'Freedom Fries' temper tantrum was the turning point. The French, etc. were ridiculed and most non-Americans just shook their head at the infantile atitude of the average American. The re-election of Bush in 2004 reinforced attitudes (not my opinion) that the Americans are really an ignorant collective of people. The continuation of the Iraq war since then has most of the world still shaking it's head.

The world's disdain of Hitler and Nazism rubbed off on to the German people and the same has happened with the disdain of Bush and his clique in the USA. People ask: "Why do the Americans tolerate it?' 'Why aren't they rioting in the streets and demanding the bum be kicked out of office?' The American people, like the German people compacent to crimes in the 1930's, 'accept' the torture and killing of Iraqis as if it's just a thorn in the foot that needs a solution but will hopefully 'just go away'.

It'll be intersting after the next President is in office if Americans can redeem their image. Germans have proven to be a productive contribution to the world after the destruction of Nazism and hopefully Americans can regain some of their integrity over the next decade. thePresident is the most despised leader in the world and the USA seen as the most dangerous country...this can be changed.

12. Nutter Shake it loose, baby! Registered Senior Member

Yes, Willy.
    Jealousy accompanied by bitterness, which is understandable.

13. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I'm English. Here's my feelings about Bush. Nice guy. Likes messing around. Good sense of humour. Bright enough but no intellectual. Poor understanding of History, Geography, World Politics. No empathy with the disadvantaged. Warm. Honest. A good friend.

As a factory boss, brilliant. As president of the United States. God Almighty!

14. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

I think that americans try and say they are victamise, but as soon as i meet a group of them so online im the sole joke of the evning. As in if an american came acros a group of british it's just a way of making you're self to feel better kinda like bullieng.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

16. MrManganese Registered Member

One thing that really angers me about other Americans is their lack of empathy for Iraqis. Someone I work with is actually so pissed with them, that he openly declares that he wishes we'd just used nuclear weapons. Think about that for a minute. The people of Iraq never did a thing to us, and he wants to murder millions of them. And I guarantee you he's not alone.

And everyone cries for the 3000 volunteers who died in Iraq.. but it was their choice to be in the military, because at some point they decided they were okay with killing people. TOUGH! Meanwhile, so many Iraqis have had their lives destroyed, by forces completely outside their control. They never had a choice, and they never stood a chance. And it's still happening every day.

I think we're hated, rightfully, and that we deserve whatever happens to us.

17. Fugu-dono Scholar Of Shen Zhou Registered Senior Member

I haven't shat on an American before. Can anyone tell me what gratification they get from it if they like to do it?

Well let's behonest that when US world map looks below it reflects something about them that others might find audacious or conceited no!? Even many of my American friends agrees.

18. John99 Banned Banned

The best and most obvious thing to do is rename Earth America and get rid of all the other names.

America would be number one (1)

And then spread outward.

For example:

• 'I went to nuber one (America)' - The Earth is now named America. just remember it is only a name and former names would be remember with reverance.
    • 'I went to number two (Canada)'
    • 'I went to number three (Mexico)'

They are only numbers and have no baggage attached. Looks like an advance to me. The most important thing to consider of course is the psychological benefit. Culturally i cannot see much of an impact.

The reason America is because it is a good name, and other reasons of course.

Additionally, the interior would be 1,2,3 etc.-

1:1, 2:1 and so on.

woohoo, i think this will work/

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  19. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

20. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

21. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Note. The USA is in Red.
    Peru, Argentina, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Ethiopia, The Congo, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan,Borneo. All in Red.
    These are the countries America is going for next.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You must be the first American I have seen who has unequivocally stated it.

23. Fugu-dono Scholar Of Shen Zhou Registered Senior Member

ROFL. You left out the moon and Mars.