Seeing the Light

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Orleander, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

By 'the light' I mean the one people claim to see in a near death experience. They are all comforted by the light and have no fear of it. Why is it nobody ever seems to go to hell?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats the PR department.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What does that light have to do with anything? It could be the light into the judgement chambers where they decide what to do with you!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I've heard that the lights in the execution chambers are really bright, but my guess is that the condemned prisoner doesn't see that as his salvation.

Besides, maybe it's really bright in hell? Did you ever think of that? Why does the bright light mean heaven to you?

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Because in the Bible, when light is talked about, it is in connection with God, Jesus, heaven, etc. Not hell.
    And people who have near death experiences always say how calm and peaceful it was.

How come no one ever mentions a scarier than shit darkness and they were desperate to get away from it? If they do, can you give me a link to it??

8. lightgigantic Banned Banned

there are accounts of hellish NDE's - just google it

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I've tried and all I can ever seem to find is a bunch of New Age crap and how hell is just a state of mind.

10. lightgigantic Banned Banned

here's
    one

here's one more

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

thanks light!!!

12. John99 Banned Banned

seems to me heaven is much more logical to envision. hell could just be...i dont even want to say it.

13. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

14. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

Here is a quote from the websites' author:

Many people believe that those who don't give verbal assent to Jesus are cast headlong into eternal fire to burn forever. It should be common sense to anyone that a God of love would never treat people this way. As Jesus said, even an evil father knows how to give good things to children[

It's not a permanent state from what I've researched on the many,many cases I've examined. Once people realize the errors of their ways,they can progress to the "higher (heavenly) realms".
    Being a non believer in God does not prevent you from at least attaining the third realm or material heaven as some call it.
    Our souls are all smaller bits of the greater whole(God) so for God to destroy or condemn people to an eternal hell would be like destroying a part of yourself.
    Many religions on the other hand teach that all of creation is separate from God, hence the many times you will hear from some fundies " He created us so he can do what he wants with us".

15. sandy Banned Banned

I have counselled people who had NDE's and the ones who saw a glimpse of hell were petrified/terrified. They became Christians and completely changed their lives.

Some say the NDE is just an electrical/brain thing. I disagree. It's like a second chance. And the ones who see the light vs. darkness report amazing peace. They got a glimpse of Heaven. :worship:

Fascinating story. Good thread...

16. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

The VAST majority of people who experience NDEs' give up religous dogma and become more spiritual in nature.
    Can you give any references to these people who have experienced this and became Christians? Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  17. sandy Banned Banned

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure I wouldn't turn to religion if I had an NDE. I know it would be unsettling.

19. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

http://www.near-death.com/storm.html

Here is a quote from Howie himself:

"The best religion is the religion that brings you closest to God." - Rev. Howard Storm"
    The beings who told him this were not specifically referring to Christianity.

I am familiar with Howard Storms experience.
    You've missed the point of his experience . He was told there are countless paths to God and Christianity can be simply one of many. The bible does have carry a spiritual truth but it also shares this truth with many other religions.
    If not,then you have to dismiss all the other cases of NDEs' (people who have followed other belief systems,met other religous figures or non at all..as gibberish) and only his as legitimate.
    This is not the case.

20. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

why?? Do they consider the experience itself as evil or the people who experience it? Are they then tainted as having been touched by evil?

22. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

I believe it's because the Christ people say they encounter differs from the Christ many of the fundies promote. Example: Only one path to God thru Christianity,giving verbal acknowledgement to Christ will ensure your salvation,expecting Christ to bear your sins,etc.
    Let's face it, a generic God that represents total love and offers salvation for all life in the universe is too "sweet" for many fundies who (due to the ignorance of the darkness within them) prefer a God full of bitterness,diviseness. and wrath.
    Hard to control the masses with a God that is all love!

23. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

wrong, but hell is cooler than heaven.