how come it is coolf for a man to be a slut but for a woman it's a bad thing?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ashpwner, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

eg..A man will brag with who he has slept with and his friends will egg him on. However if a woman does this she is considerd a slut.why is this?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sandy Banned Banned

It's not cool for a man to be a slut. It means he has no honor, poor character, no integrity, and no love of/respect for the body God gave him to live in.

People make cute little jokes about sluttiness. It's not cute. It's immoral and a spiritual/physical crime against God and your body.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Well son....that's just the way it is. It is changing now though, I think if the woman is a "career" person it is not looked too badly upon, she is a busy career woman after all.

Basically a man does not care about being called a slut or anything derogatory, while a woman does care. It's kinda like how most caucasians could care less about any racial epitaph, while "minorities" are somewhat vunerable.

As power levels equalize, this too will pass.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

please sandy don't bring god into "evry" dicusion you come into

8. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Is it like this in all societies, or just current western ones?

9. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

not sure i know it is like that in england and american,

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Where and when do you live?
    A good number of women I meet these days have had more partners in 6 months (every 6 months) than I've had in my life...
    No-one calls them a slut.
    They're "just" human beings, like everyone else.

11. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

i live the u.k England to be more exact and sometimes i over hear conversation eg she give him head what a slut...but then you hear a man braging about what he has done and no one bats an eyelid.

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Those guys that are sluts may have other guys thinking they are cool, but women look down on them. I think the more women a guy sleeps with, the lower the quality woman he ends up with. Its not like the movies.
    men don't tend to judge eachother so much, but women can be vicious. We are our own worst enemies in this area.

Guys who sleep around are looking for the ego stroke, women who sleep around are looking for someone to care about them.

13. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

But that's not the way they should go about it. Sounds to me that women like that have low self-esteem.
    If a woman just wants to go out and sleep with a guy and have a good time, that's different that the woman going out to sleep with someone to get a guy to care about them.
    I for one, have no desire to date a woman with low self-esteem that will sleep with me on the first or second date, just because she wants attention/someone to care about her/etc.

And I don't think the ego stroke is the only reason guys sleep around. What if you had a married dude whose wife started having 'headaches' all the time. If the Mrs. isn't going to give it up, the guy will go find some elsewhere. I'm not advocating it, I'm just hypothesizing/theorizing.

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I live in England as well...
    the point I was getting across badly is that it's the guys (far more than the women) that use the word "slut" - because it makes them feel (falsely) superior in some way.

Women tend to be far more realxed, in general, about sex than guys.

With guys it tends to be score-keeping thing, with women it isn't.

15. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

ah i get your point now olie

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

and you aren't a high-schooler.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Most of the girls in our small town who are 'sluts' come from very disfunctional homes. They are looking for someone to love them. To the guys, its just a good time.
    Older women do it because they can. Older men do it because we let them.

17. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi Orleander

Are you from the UK?

Cos i have 2 guys who work for me (one hwo is a mate from way back)who are reall good guys but dont have much luck on the girl front.

Can you help me to hook them up.

or are there any other birds here who can help.

~~~~~~~~
    take it
    ez
    zak

18. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

True. Not since June of 1991.

The girls must be pretty desperate and blind, or indifferent to not be able to spot the guys just out for a good time.

I agree about the older women part, but not the older men. As men become older, they aren't the 'young dumb and full of cum', overly enthusiastic, trigger happy boys they were. While they stil enjoy sex, they are a bit more 'ehh, whatever' about it. They have the ability to turn women down.
    The men are past their prime while the women are in theirs at that age.

19. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Most women do talk about it with each other like men do. Also most men won't care if you say things about them being a slut, whereas women get all upset. Possibly because they know sluts are only good for one thing and once everyone sees them this way they are unlikely to be able to settle down without lying about their history.
    I don't think it's ok for either, I'm quite disgusted by it.

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

*Ahem*

Past their prime may be factually true, but hardly flattering.

Some men are like good wine - they improve with age.
    Older guys know what to do and have considerably more (justified) confidence in their "abilities".

21. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I agree with you, except the dysfunctional homes part, a lot of girls are know behave that same way and have had a pretty good home life.
    Problem is I have no idea where they get the stupid idea that someone is more likely to love them if they fuck them.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  22. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I think you misunderstood my post. I'm 34 and enjoy sex just as much, if not more than when I was 18. It's just now I'm more discretionary and a lot more selective; which parallels your 'confidence in their abilities' comment. (most)Older men are also more adept at reading womens' body language, and their bad behavior when it comes to dating. Most (not all) young guys don't pick up on womens signals when they are brushing guys off.
    I've even used the wine comment you made above about myself, as I do feel that I look better and am in better shape (although I don't recover from injuries, etc. as quick) than when I was younger.

23. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Wait 'til you're my age Sonny Jim, and then complain.