Fridge Fairy

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Orleander, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Why Why Why do we repeatedly open the fridge and look in it, all the while taking nothing out? Do we think the fridge fairy has been there and left something new?
    Every single person in my family does it. Is it just us?? And if not, why do we all do it? Short term momory loss?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Not something I do all the time, but I have done, as have most people I think. I do it when I'm bored, unfocussed or when I know there's something I have to do but can't remember what it is.

It's just a symptom of the decline of Western civilisation: eating through boredom. No doubt when people in Africa can't remember things they suddenly snap into focus halfway to the nearest well: "Uh... how did I get here??"

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i do it all the time, i somtimes go there and think "oh i could kill for that peice of chicken" and then when i look at it i change my mind.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Dementia.

8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

quite possibly

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Or personal and societal ennui. Which is much the same thing.

10. Dark520 Rebuilt Registered Senior Member

We're all going insane.

11. fishtail Registered Senior Member

Just like any animal checking its stash, some may be more compulsive than others though.

12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yep i agree

13. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

I wonder if there's anything that would be really satisfying to eat. Most of the time there isn't, but now and again you'll find something.

Sometimes I go into the kitchen, eagerly excited by what I believe to be something delicious in the fridge, but disappointment sets in when it isn't there. That's the lowest blow.

Now and again, I'll consider making some food and go to the kitchen, look at the ingredients and decide that it's actually too much hassle and I don't need to make it after all.

14. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

There's a very simple answer when there is more than one person using the same fridge - you'll never know what's left or been added until you look.

15. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

perhaps we think that our ancient leftovers have undergone some complex chemical reactions and turned into something more delicious.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

And that is exactly what I think my husband's philosophy is. That somehow everything has changed.

Then to top it off he stands there and says "Honey, where's the milk?" As if I have removed it and hidden it under his bed.

17. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I do it to check if the light is still on.

18. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

For a moment I thought this thread title was referring to a homosexual who was very reticent about sexual relations.

19. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

often i am hungry but cant think of anything i want to eat so i just kind of stare at the food i have..lasted for a whole day once.(not the staring,the hungry but dont want anything)

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

I used to get visited by the 'Fridge Fairy' when I was a student. I would put food in the Fridge, and the 'Fridge Fairy' must have taken it because my housemates swore blind it was never them.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LMAO
    HOLY CRAP!!

We have one here at the office too then.