Ah! The Cost of Religious Freedom in Iraq.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Blast Near Baghdad Mosque Kills 75
    U.S. Launches New Offensive Against al-Qaida
    By LAUREN FRAYER
    AP
    Posted: 2007-06-19 09:19:46
    BAGHDAD (June 19) -- A truck bomb struck a Shiite mosque Tuesday in central Baghdad , killing 75 people and wounding more than 200

Religieous freedom in Iraq? even if you are a believer in Allah, this is what they do to their fellow believers, in the name of Allah, and sam wants us to understand them? This is the 21 century, so don't tell me about the past, the standards of behavior should reflect the advances in civilized thoughts in the last 7000 years not the Barbarity.

The terrorist want to return to the barbarity of the dark ages, they want to be the Caliph's of the world, and this is their motto;
    In the Christian Religion, we have a similar motto;

No were in the teachings of Jesus does he ever condone the use of force for converting the people to the Religion of True Peace.

In 2006 this thought was forwarded by Ayman al-Zawahiri, and the wish to return to the law of Sharia' from the Crusaders

For al-Qaeda, Egypt features prominently in the vision for an Islamic caliphate in the Middle East and beyond. This is evident in previous statements made by al-Zawahiri. In his July 9, 2005 letter to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, al-Zawahiri outlines a broad strategy for al-Qaeda in the Middle East. According to al-Zawahiri's plans, Iraq is only a foothold for establishing a greater Islamic caliphate to include Syria and Egypt (DNI.gov, October 11, 2005).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Are you a Christian?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

No were in the teachings of Jesus does he ever condone the use of force for converting the people to the Religion of True Peace.

yeah to bad most of the highly religous in the us don't live up to christ i mean if christ were alive today the right wingers would cruxifie him for his beliefs and no pun was intended

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sandy Banned Banned

"Highly religious" is not the same as Christian. Religion is man-made. Christianity is Christ-made. Big diff.

Being a great Christian does not mean being "religious." Confused.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Jesus Christ is alive today. In all His children. If he was here on earth in person we would fall to the ground worshipping Him. Not "cruxifie" Him.

8. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Christianity is man made Religion.

9. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

\My dear Sandex,

i hope you dont mind but i think you have completely missed PJ point, hopefully it was not deliberately missed hey Sandex

~~~~~~~~~

take it ez
    zak

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i feel dumber for have read your response christianty is a religion it was to be infered i was speaking of highly religous christians. and people like you would insult christ if he were here today because he would be pro welfare, pro universal healthcare, against the war in iraq, and as for gays and bis he would tell you to mind your own buisness. and it doesn't suprise me that someone who as a little idea of reality as you do would be confused by my post. oh yeah and hears an idea instead of thumping your bible read the damn thing

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2007
  11. sandy Banned Banned

You're calling *ME* stupid???

:grumble:

12. Kadark Banned Banned

So now Christianity isn't a religion? What the **** are you talking about? Can you honestly tell me what beneficial aspect Christianity presents to the Earth that other religions don't?

If Jesus Christ were alive today, I would never worship him. I don't know many people who would "worship" another human. Jesus was only human - he was not a deity. Jesus was a carpenter: he was born, and then he died. Jesus is not supernatural, Jesus is strictly human.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The orthodox will never accept the common source of all Abrahamic religions, they differ in details and names but they are basically the same.

14. sandy Banned Banned

Christianity is a religion but it is Christ-made. Not man-made like other religions/denominations.

The 'beneficial' aspect it provides is Heaven. The Bible says the only way to God the Father and Heaven is through Jesus Christ.

Jesus is not human. He was made human to die for our sins. But now he is eternal. He is the Christ. :worship:

You guys go ahead and believe whatever you want. We'll see who ends up where.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why isn't the Bible Christ-made? We know Jesus didn't write it. Besides, all religions think they were inspired by some superhuman source, it must be necessary to think that.

16. sandy Banned Banned

The Bible is the Word of God. Man's handbook for everyday life. The New Testament/new covenant is for the born-again Christians. They have the new covenant with Jesus Christ.

17. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Written by men.

18. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

hi Sandex,

i think you are still misisng the point of PJ.

please read again below and tell us your thoguhts.

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

Odd that 'Sandy', because 2000 years ago, people who actually met the man were so unconvinced they broke out the hammer and nails.

What you don't understand about Jesus, 'Sandy', is that many people who knew him, were not convinced of his 'godly' power. Why then is the legend more compelling the man himself? Because the passing of 2000 years adds some historical angle? You just like the story?

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

can't you read yes i am

21. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

A) Jesus had no bible nor did he create one
    B) For the first 400 years of christianity there was no bible

So it appears Christianity is not reliant on the Bible or its teachings to be a christian. Unless the first 400 years of Christians all went to your hell.

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Umm, I don't think Hell appeared in Christian doctrine until some year 300CE,
    so maybe only Christians from around 300CE to 400CE went to Hell.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, Christianity isn't one of my particular interests.

23. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Islam started off with the qu'ran. Christianity did not start off with the bible.