Herbal Molasses (Herbal Shisha) health?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Jun 14, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

is smoking herbal shisha/molasses bad for your health? im not talking about regular tobbaco shisha with nicotine.

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

All smoke is bad for you.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i was looking it up and all of the results said that no scientific data has been established for the effects on human health, maybe i was looking in the wrong places.

so even pure weed is bad for you? and why was this moved from human science to free thought? its about human health and effects that is scientific.

peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

As a rule, inhaling anything into your lungs other than pure air is not ideal. My guess is that the molasses forms a thin coat on the inside of your lungs. Does that sound healthy??

My advice is to not do it, or to do it very rarely.

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

is there any substance that is near harmless to smoke?, i just miss blowing out smoke and making hoops. i like smoking on a nice hot summers day.

peace.

9. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

It's much less harmful than cigarettes, that's for sure.

I have a hookah, and I enjoy my normal shisha. I've never tried any of that herbal stuff.

The shisha is much less harmful than cigarettes. It's two-fold. First, it's natural tobacco, so it doesn't have all the additives. Second, it's much less addictive than cigarettes, which means you are very much less likely to do it for the rest of your life. Smoking from a hookah also produces much cooler smoke, so you aren't scorching your lungs with hot smoke.

No matter what you smoke, you will be breathing in carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and particles of burnt material. The carbon monoxide will bind to hemoglobin in place of oxygen, so even if you aren't smoking tobacco, there are chemicals that will enter your bloodstream and run around in your body for a while.

If you want the safest thing to smoke, it would probably be herbal shisha smoked in a hookah. It's not completely safe, but it won't do any lasting harm if it's only once in a while. For all practical purposes, I would go so far as to say it's nearly harmless. Have you ever tried it before? I can't vouch for the flavor. Personally, I like the flavor of natural tobacco.

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

thanks for the info, and nah i havent tried it before, i have a few saudi friends who smoke shisha though, i go to these shisha restaraunt type places with them sometimes, but i never tried it. i always used to smoke my weed while they smoked there shit lol. i wouldent pay for something that wont get me high,

but i dont smoke weed or cigs anymore, and i miss blowing the smoke and making hoops, so i wondered if there was a harmless alternative for me.

peace.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Personally I always liked the flavor of apple shisha.

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

my friends smoke all kinds of fruit flavours, do they taste like they smell?

peace.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They don't "taste" as such, but the ones I tried were pretty good. You get a hit of the fruit flavor, if its a good mixture, its a nice hit.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

Pretty close.

Apple was my favorite until I got sick after smoking it. After that I never liked it much. My current favorite is liquorice. I also like mixing mint and blueberry.

15. JoojooSpaceape Burn in hell Hippies Registered Senior Member

If you look around the information can be found. If you smoke shisha regularly (regular in this case is somewhere between 3 -4 crucibles full a day) then you will encounter the same problems that someone who smokes cigarettes 5 or 6 times a day would have. However if you are sharing maybe one crucible every 3 or 4 days with some friends then the effect on your lungs is severely lessened. Chain smoking is definitely an unhealthy habbit however smoking every so often, maybe once a week or two to three times a month has been shown to greatly reduce stress without the side effects of other vices (Like getting drunk or overeating). Like every other thing in the universe you need to smoke with the knowledge that you can become addicted and that too much of it is bad for you. The universal rule is that everything should be taken in doses (too much of anything kills)

edit: Also, check www.Hookah-Shisha.com for some neat flavors, Orange mixed with mint to date is my favorite!

16. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I've never heard of herbal shisha, as far as I know the basic 'herb' in it is tobacco, with the addition of fruit extracts and mollasses. Double apple seems to be everybody's favourite in Cyprus, but the addition of liquorice makes it special. If you add a good amount of ouzo or other liquorice flavoured licquor to the water, you'll get the taste and an alcoholic hit as well.

17. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

18. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Are water pipes illegal in the USA?

19. Prof. Skibeli Registered Member

Our recent researches proved that herbal molasses are healthy
    so it is't bad for your lungs or anything.

20. laurahill Registered Senior Member

smoking shisha ,Hookah also not good for health.Any kind of smoking is harmful to health.Avoid such type of smoking..It may affect your body.

21. adrock5150 Registered Member

Tobacco-less Shisha

What about non-tobacco herbal shisha?