Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Herbal Molasses (Herbal Shisha) health?

  1. #1

    Herbal Molasses (Herbal Shisha) health?

    is smoking herbal shisha/molasses bad for your health? im not talking about regular tobbaco shisha with nicotine.


    peace.

  2. #2
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    All smoke is bad for you.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by samcdkey View Post
    All smoke is bad for you.
    i was looking it up and all of the results said that no scientific data has been established for the effects on human health, maybe i was looking in the wrong places.


    so even pure weed is bad for you? and why was this moved from human science to free thought? its about human health and effects that is scientific.


    peace.

  4. #4
    As a rule, inhaling anything into your lungs other than pure air is not ideal. My guess is that the molasses forms a thin coat on the inside of your lungs. Does that sound healthy??

    My advice is to not do it, or to do it very rarely.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
    As a rule, inhaling anything into your lungs other than pure air is not ideal. My guess is that the molasses forms a thin coat on the inside of your lungs. Does that sound healthy??

    My advice is to not do it, or to do it very rarely.
    is there any substance that is near harmless to smoke?, i just miss blowing out smoke and making hoops. i like smoking on a nice hot summers day.



    peace.

  6. #6
    Real eyes realize real lies RubiksMaster's Avatar
    Posts
    1,646
    It's much less harmful than cigarettes, that's for sure.

    I have a hookah, and I enjoy my normal shisha. I've never tried any of that herbal stuff.

    The shisha is much less harmful than cigarettes. It's two-fold. First, it's natural tobacco, so it doesn't have all the additives. Second, it's much less addictive than cigarettes, which means you are very much less likely to do it for the rest of your life. Smoking from a hookah also produces much cooler smoke, so you aren't scorching your lungs with hot smoke.

    No matter what you smoke, you will be breathing in carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and particles of burnt material. The carbon monoxide will bind to hemoglobin in place of oxygen, so even if you aren't smoking tobacco, there are chemicals that will enter your bloodstream and run around in your body for a while.

    If you want the safest thing to smoke, it would probably be herbal shisha smoked in a hookah. It's not completely safe, but it won't do any lasting harm if it's only once in a while. For all practical purposes, I would go so far as to say it's nearly harmless. Have you ever tried it before? I can't vouch for the flavor. Personally, I like the flavor of natural tobacco.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RubiksMaster View Post
    It's much less harmful than cigarettes, that's for sure.

    I have a hookah, and I enjoy my normal shisha. I've never tried any of that herbal stuff.

    The shisha is much less harmful than cigarettes. It's two-fold. First, it's natural tobacco, so it doesn't have all the additives. Second, it's much less addictive than cigarettes, which means you are very much less likely to do it for the rest of your life. Smoking from a hookah also produces much cooler smoke, so you aren't scorching your lungs with hot smoke.

    No matter what you smoke, you will be breathing in carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and particles of burnt material. The carbon monoxide will bind to hemoglobin in place of oxygen, so even if you aren't smoking tobacco, there are chemicals that will enter your bloodstream and run around in your body for a while.

    If you want the safest thing to smoke, it would probably be herbal shisha smoked in a hookah. It's not completely safe, but it won't do any lasting harm if it's only once in a while. For all practical purposes, I would go so far as to say it's nearly harmless. Have you ever tried it before? I can't vouch for the flavor. Personally, I like the flavor of natural tobacco.
    thanks for the info, and nah i havent tried it before, i have a few saudi friends who smoke shisha though, i go to these shisha restaraunt type places with them sometimes, but i never tried it. i always used to smoke my weed while they smoked there shit lol. i wouldent pay for something that wont get me high,



    but i dont smoke weed or cigs anymore, and i miss blowing the smoke and making hoops, so i wondered if there was a harmless alternative for me.


    peace.

  8. #8
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Personally I always liked the flavor of apple shisha.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by samcdkey View Post
    Personally I always liked the flavor of apple shisha.
    my friends smoke all kinds of fruit flavours, do they taste like they smell?


    peace.

  10. #10
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by EmptyForceOfChi View Post
    my friends smoke all kinds of fruit flavours, do they taste like they smell?


    peace.
    They don't "taste" as such, but the ones I tried were pretty good. You get a hit of the fruit flavor, if its a good mixture, its a nice hit.

  11. #11
    Real eyes realize real lies RubiksMaster's Avatar
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by EmptyForceOfChi
    my friends smoke all kinds of fruit flavours, do they taste like they smell?
    Pretty close.

    Quote Originally Posted by samcdkey
    Personally I always liked the flavor of apple shisha.
    Apple was my favorite until I got sick after smoking it. After that I never liked it much. My current favorite is liquorice. I also like mixing mint and blueberry.

  12. #12
    Burn in hell Hippies
    Posts
    498
    If you look around the information can be found. If you smoke shisha regularly (regular in this case is somewhere between 3 -4 crucibles full a day) then you will encounter the same problems that someone who smokes cigarettes 5 or 6 times a day would have. However if you are sharing maybe one crucible every 3 or 4 days with some friends then the effect on your lungs is severely lessened. Chain smoking is definitely an unhealthy habbit however smoking every so often, maybe once a week or two to three times a month has been shown to greatly reduce stress without the side effects of other vices (Like getting drunk or overeating). Like every other thing in the universe you need to smoke with the knowledge that you can become addicted and that too much of it is bad for you. The universal rule is that everything should be taken in doses (too much of anything kills)

    edit: Also, check www.Hookah-Shisha.com for some neat flavors, Orange mixed with mint to date is my favorite!

  13. #13
    I've never heard of herbal shisha, as far as I know the basic 'herb' in it is tobacco, with the addition of fruit extracts and mollasses. Double apple seems to be everybody's favourite in Cyprus, but the addition of liquorice makes it special. If you add a good amount of ouzo or other liquorice flavoured licquor to the water, you'll get the taste and an alcoholic hit as well.

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Are water pipes illegal in the USA?

  16. #16
    Our recent researches proved that herbal molasses are healthy
    so it is't bad for your lungs or anything.

  17. #17
    smoking shisha ,Hookah also not good for health.Any kind of smoking is harmful to health.Avoid such type of smoking..It may affect your body.

  18. #18

    Tobacco-less Shisha

    What about non-tobacco herbal shisha?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •