Is this behaviour accepted/suggested in Islam?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by mybreathyourlung, Jun 12, 2007.

1. mybreathyourlung Registered Senior Member

msnbc.msn.com/id/19176808/?GT1=10056

The post below about "How peaceful is Islam?" would probably help me clarify this as it deals with the same topic, but I just saw this link today and I would really like to know if this is "normal" behavior in Islam? I understand that most people wouldn't come right out and say "Yes, the Koran says to "honor kill" your daughter if she disgraces you", but where do they get this idea from? And why in the world does murder make sense to these individuals?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No its not acceptable in Islam, its a carryover of patriarchial society and has been present in all patriarchial societies, a gender power play in societies that treat women as property.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mustafhakofi I sa'id so Registered Senior Member

because they are morons, I haven't seen my mother or my little sister for over six years, my brothers would kill me if there could my father has shunned me. they dont know where I live, luckily.
    all I did was fall in love, it wasn't till much later that I became an atheist, I could not follow something so evil. all religion is evil, to set father against daughter, brother against brother just has to be the purest of evils

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I am sorry, they sound like complete jerks; you should try to get your sister away from them.

8. mybreathyourlung Registered Senior Member

Thanks for clearing that up. I assumed it was just some radical thought that was involved, but I just wanted to make sure.