America: the Melting Pot

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Fraggle Rocker, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

According to today's Washington Post:

Out of every 1,000 married white (non-Hispanic) American men, 3 have black wives, 12 have Asian wives and 22 have Hispanic wives; a total of 37 married to non-whites.

For women, it's 7 with black husbands, 4 with Asian husbands and 20 with Hispanic husbands; a total of 30 married to non-whites.

That's not a very high percentage, you say? But wait, we're the majority. The law of averages says that even if race were not an issue, we're more likely to marry each other than minorities. Let's look at this from the other side.

Out of every 1,000 married black American men, 78 have white wives. For black women the figure is 35. Out of every 1,000 married Asian-American men, 258--one fourth--have white wives. The figure is even higher for Asian-American women: 337. The figures are similar for Latinos: 274 men with white wives, 283 women with white husbands. Note that this study didn't even count interracial marriages in which neither party happens to be white.

It also didn't account for the fact that the children of these unions may be labeled "minority" for statistical purposes, but after growing up with ties to two cultures they're much more likely than their parents' generation to be comfortable in a mixed marriage. Their children may end up being labeled "white" and tossed into the other column of figures.

Latinos, in particular, are after all Caucasian. A second-generation Mexican-American who speaks unaccented English and does not live in a predominantly Latino neighborhood can only be identified as such if he chooses to--even if both his parents came from Mexico. And his children will have no more interest in being hyphenated than I have in calling myself a third-generation Czech-Amerian.

Even Asian-Americans are Melting into the Pot with amazing facility. Their mixed-blood children and grandchildren hang onto bits of the Old Country about the same way I eat knedlyke v zely but can't spell it, have some vague idea who Jan Hus was, and celebrated my 30th birthday in Prague.

Blacks and whites, on the other hand, are going quite a bit more slowly. As I have opined on other threads, I believe this racial enmity is a legacy of the Civil War. In all the other countries in the Western Hemisphere except Haiti (hardly a role model), slavery ended peacefully, and today their citizens come in a rainbow of brown. Only in the USA is there a separate black community with its own slang, cuisine, music and social customs. Perhaps this will change now that we are hosting a wave of immigration from Africa.

With that one troublesome exception (which I say is our own fault for letting Lincoln lead us into a war) assimilation works. We're all Americans.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Na,

The closest thing Canada had to "slavery" was charging the chinese to enter the country so they could work their asses off (for very low "pay") on the railroad.

We don't quite have the problem with racism(remember racism is NOT only the "white" man's disease). People are as prejudiced here as anywhere else. We have "equal opportunity" instead of "affermative action". They can call it whatever they want. It is a racist policy. They take it to a whole new level in Canada. There are job postings that basically say do not apply unless you are a "visible" minority or Native Canadian. It would be faster to just say "no whites" or the more appropriate "no caucasians", need apply.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Well sure, I know Canada never had slavery. Although I'm not sure why, since slavery was practiced in the nearby colonies that became the USA, with the same farming environment. The British certainly practiced it themselves for a long time.
    Oh yes, the Japanese are famous for it.
    "Equal opportunity" was supposed to mean just that. Simply making sure that everyone had a fair chance and no one was discriminated against. "Affirmative action" on the other hand is what we Libertarians call "affirmative discrimination."
    It does seem like its essence is to give preference to one group of people over another solely on the basis of their skin color. I thought we spent a long time fighting that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Still, as a philosophical issue I think that reverse discrimination has had some positive impact. For the first time in Western history, we white males suddenly found out what it feels like to be discriminated against because of an accident of birth. Hopefully it will make us better people. I wish I could credit the government with enough wisdom to have done that deliberately, but that would be ludicrous.

So my question... Canada, like Brazil et al., has no history of a civil war supposedly fought over slavery (don't get me started on that topic) providing a je ne sais quoi that drives a wedge between black people and white people a century and a half later. Are black Canadians diving into the Melting Pot at a faster rate than black Americans? Are there more mixed marriages, more third and fourth generation offspring in various shades of brown and undiscernable ancestry? Are black Canadians as likely as Asian-Canadians or Indian-Canadians to marry an "anglo"? For that matter, are all the minority ethnic groups assimilating by intermarriage as quickly as they are here (except for black folks)--one out of four?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Renrue Someone Registered Senior Member

Fraggle Rocker,

Out of curiosity, when you mention "Asian," does that include the entire so-called continent of Asia (Middle Eastern, Indian, East Asian/Pacific Islander)?

On a personal note, I believe the term Asia is outdated, as Asia is not really a continent, but part of the whole continent of Eurasia. But of course, it just depends on the region you're from, and how continents are taught.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Or perhaps it'll make us whites take to the streets in violent protests, burning buildings and cars and shooting people of other colors, and starting another Civil War ....whiteys against the coloreds!

Baron Max

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Used colloquially, it's the new politically correct word in America for people we used to call "Oriental." In other countries they're called "East Asians." We call Indians, Pakistanis, Bengalis and Sri Lankans "South Asians" and sometimes Burmese and Thai. Middle Easterners are "Middle Easterners" which might include North Africa depending on context. We use the term "Pacific Islands" now, but when I was a kid those folks were just "Orientals." If we say "Asian-American," we mean someone whose roots are in China, Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Vietnam, Laos, probably Cambodia, and sometimes Thailand and Burma, depending on whose model of political correctness we're using at the moment. People from Siberia are just "Russians."
    We still teach seven continents over here. If you ask me, the definition is a little lacking in rigor. North and South America are firmly connected, as are Africa and Asia. Some people insist that Australia is just a really big island and that would make Antarctica one too.

10. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

The "melting pot" means genocide for white people. I noticed that all white countries and only white countries have massive foreign non-white immigration. The only thing worse than multiculturalism that doesn't work is multiculturalism that does.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

On the contrary, haven't you noticed that the white blood/traits are most dominant in mixed races? Black-white children show a marked trend towards white features; ditto for white-asian kids. If the mixing continues, and those trends continue, then the world will be white features with a nice golden tan.

that's 'cause all non-whites want a piece of the white pie ....which is larger than any of the non-white pies!

Baron Max

12. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Are you kidding? Does Barack Hussein Obama look more black or white to you?

Japan has the 2nd biggest economy in the World (with hardly any natural resources). I don't see them committing auto-genocide.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So one example proves something to you? How 'bout Muhammed Ali? How 'bout that hot, sexy actress who claims to be black, but looks more like a goddess from the heavens? And you know as well as I that the hard, harsh black features are quickly smoothered by the influx of white blood. Denying that is simply being blind.

Yeah, Japan is one of the few nations in the world that ain't bent on becoming white-like! But even they've begun to show signs of "turning white", don't you think? The Japan of old is no more, and is rapidly becoming westernized ....which means white!

Baron Max

14. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Ali looks white? Get some glasses.

First off, white genes are recessive so they get eliminated through race mixing. Second, whites are only 10% of the World's population and shrinking fast. We will soon be minorities even in our own countries! Multiculturalism is genocide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a new age and there is a new way of destroying nations, cultures, religions, and peoples.

No longer do genocidists have to invade and destroy with armed forces. All they have to do now is send in millions of "immigrants." If there are enough of them and if the lands they immigrate to have weak leaders and don't stop them, those lands become theirs lock stock and barrel. Such immigrants aren't assimilated into the ways of the new nation, they assimilate the new nation. Then, the new nation becomes the same as the old nation but with a different name.

What a wonderful world. Genocidists can destroy entire nations, whole cultures, ancient religions, and distinct peoples and they'll never have to fear being tried for genocide or for crimes against humanity. They can even destroy the one world power--the United States of America. In a perverse, real-world version of "She Stoops to Conquer" multiplied by the millions, the great and mighty USA is being brought low. The neo-genocidists don't need nukes or jet planes. They just need sturdy walking shoes, a high birth rate, a corrupt system that includes a weak and confused U.S. president, crooked U.S. politicians who think they're better than the average citizens who elected them, and greedy businessmen who want cheap labor.

The term "genocide" confuses a lot of people. They wrongly believe that it just refers to the crime of one distinct people rounding up another distinct people and shooting them, or sticking them in gas chambers, or using some direct way of killing them off. They don't realize that the word genocide also means the destruction of distinct groups no matter what the cause. A flood, for example, can cause a genocide. Strictly speaking, if the genes (the "gen" in genocide") are destroyed, no matter how it is done, then genocide has occurred.

Had the Nazis done things the immigrant way, they could now own France and much of Europe. Silly them, sending in armies. They could have simply bred like crazy and then have their low end workers walk into France and England and all other European countries by the millions and then have those low end workers all demand immigrant rights so that they would all become citizens of those nations. Then, these Germans, who would now be citizens of France and England and all other European nations, could simply vote the natives out of office and run the governments. Why, they could even translate La Marseillaise into German and have German become the national language of France. Soon, all the French restaurants would be serving sauerbraten and schnitzel. Not to worry, though. It would still be France, right? I mean, it would still be called France. Hey, so what's the problem with having a few million immigrants? Are you a xenophobe or something? Illegal immigrants uber alles!

The same principle would have worked against the Jews. All the Germans had to do was have millions of their countrymen "convert" to Judaism and marry Jews. Then, eventually, the children being born would fall away from Judaism because of the mixed nature of the marriages and parentage. Eventually, there would be no more Jews. Of course, more than a few Rabbis and aware Jews are concerned that this is pretty much what's happening to Judaism today through intermarriage. Many in Israel, especially, have some real concerns that Israel will be swamped with non-Jews. Although many people are too PC to spell this out in more detail, the largely unspoken truth is that the real concern of many in Israel is not about that nation being swamped by different religions or cultures, but by different genes.

And, remember, genocide via massive immigration can be accomplished with no fear that anyone will be charged with genocide. "Hey, we're just immigrants. We're all human beings. We're just looking for better lives. All nations are nations of immigrants. No humans are illegal. If people decide on their own to let us in and let us become citizens, where's the genocide?"

And, isn't that what we're seeing around the world today but with slight differences?

Are humans so arrogant that they can't understand the basics of nature and think that they are somehow above nature and its processes? Are many humans (and especially Europeans and European descended peoples) so beaten down and afraid of being called names that they deny the reality that is right before their eyes?

A nation is its people. A people is its genes. Change the people and you change the nation. Like it or not, the general rule that can be formed from those axioms applies to all living things.

How are scientists trying to destroy Killer Bees? They're drone-flooding queen mating areas with common Honey Bees to increase the odds that the queens will mate with the common Honey Bees and not with the Killer Bees so that the new bees that are produced have common Honey Bee genes and not Killer Bee genes. In other words, they're practicing genocide against the Killer Bees by flooding areas where they live with the genes of common Honey Bees.

And, while we're mentioning Killer Bees, it should be noted that they look very much like ordinary Honey Bees and most humans have a hard time telling them apart. "Hey, all bees bleed pale amber blood." The real difference is that some of the genes of the Killer Bees make them more aggressive than common Honey Bees. Put that in human terms and we'd be saying that things such as personality and intelligence are determined by genes and that different peoples build different types of societies as a result of the interaction of their genes with their environments. In other words, genes matter. If you want to destroy a people, destroy their genes. ("Oh no! Ma, git down my varmint gun, that sure do sound like that feller said genes matter and ya knows Ma that's jest another way of sayin' that people is different from one another. We can't have that kinda talk around here.")

How are scientists trying to destroy fruit flies? They're releasing sterile fruit flies by the millions so that when they mate, no new fruit flies are produced. Want to do that to humans? Just convince them to use birth control measures and convince them that having children is passé.

Now, mix the two principles together in humans. Flood an area with different genes and at the same time promote birth control. What do you get? Check out the high immigration rates and the low native birth rates in most European nations.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Blacks have heavy brow ridges, deep-set eyes, broad, flat, flaring nostrils, heavy, thick lips, thick tongue, ...and huge dicks like telephone poles!

Ali is handsome like a white man ...smooth forehead without the heavy brow ridges, without the broad, flat, flaring nostrils, without the thick, heavy lips, and his tongue is thin like a white man so he can talk in good English.

Then how do you explain the disappearing "black" features in mixed-race people? All you have to do is look around ...it's perfectly obvious. The slightly darker skin tone seems to be the only thing that remains.

The remainder of your post was too much like preaching, so I didn't even read it.

Baron Max

16. Renrue Someone Registered Senior Member

So Middle Easterners and South Asians are not included in this percentage?

The Panama Canal and the Suez Canal don't count for anything? Just wondering.

But on that subject, Europe out of all "seven" continents has the least reason to be a continent, considering that the land mass connecting the two is not an isthmus like the one between North & South America and Asia & Africa. Unless of course mountains count as a continent dividing factor.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Damn those superior black genes that overcome the white ones when they mix!

18. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I can't resist...

Shouldn't that be Muhammed Allele??? HA!

19. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Does anyone here other than the Baron consider Ali white?

And 2nd, can anyone here dispute that massive alien immigration is genocide?

20. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

He's a black dude.

Genocide is the killing of individuals, en masse, based on some characteristic deemed to be unique to them (religion, race, etc...).

Immigration and subsequent genetic mixing is hardly genocide.

21. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

The term "genocide" confuses a lot of people. They wrongly believe that it just refers to the crime of one distinct people rounding up another distinct people and shooting them, or sticking them in gas chambers, or using some direct way of killing them off. They don't realize that the word genocide also means the destruction of distinct groups no matter what the cause. A flood, for example, can cause a genocide. Strictly speaking, if the genes (the "gen" in genocide") are destroyed, no matter how it is done, then genocide has occurred.

22. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

- Deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group.

- A systematic attempt to annihilate a racial group or nation.

- The systematic, planned annihilation of an ethnic, racial or political group.

- is the deliberate destruction of an entire people or ethnic group.

- the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national or racial group

So, no. You're wrong. Find a different word.

23. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Peru, Argentina, Chile and Brazil have historically allowed large numbers of immigrants in (which explains the administration of Fujimori in Peru, whose parents were Japanese immigrants).

I would point out that some of the "white countries" went on to form yet other "white countries" (both actual and attempted) by displacing (or trying to displace) the indigenous non-white population in that region, like the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand (where the local populations were displaced) to rest of the New World and in South Africa (where local populations managed to hold on and eventually form mixed governments with white immigrant populations) or even to places like the India, Japan, the Philippines (where whites attempts to impose their influence were largely, if only eventually, rebuffed). It would be strange for "white countries," which seemingly had no compunctions about horning in on other people's countries when it suited them, to complain too loudly about others following their example. Add to that that most economists see immigration as a natural, long-term, boon to the nation receiving the immigrants.

Personally, I see no real reason to be bothered by the end of the "white race" through interbreeding. To me that inspires no more apprehension than the thought of my not having a male child (thus not passing my surname on to subsequent generations). I don't care if my offspring look a lot like me or a little like me. I care whether they are healthy and happy, not the superficialities of whether they have straight hair or an afro.