Pharisees in Christianity & Catholicism

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Wisdom_Seeker, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

My question is, wouldn´t this contradict Christianity and Catholicism?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I imagine so. The teaching of Jesus is still pretty revolutionary.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Well I'd personally rather know if something was lost in translation from aramaic to greek to english to doctrine.

Actually, I guess I don't care.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

My whole point here is, why do people go to "church"???

If it´s not for other people to look at them, and see how good they are at praying, then I don´t know what is for.

Jesus used to call those people hypocrites. When Jesus said "they had they reguard in full", for me, it means that they get the respect of people, nothing more, not the respect of God.

So Jesus is saying, there is not even need to pray, because when you pray, and you are thinking other stuff that you are not saying, obviously you are being a hipocrite.

I rejoice in the Gospel of Judas, when it came out, I was amazed it just confirmed what I thought of the cannon:

Jesus was a rascal, and he showed the disciples real god, it was their own ego. They prayed because they were together, and they wanted the others to see them praying, but it was not what was in their hearts. And when Jesus made fun of this, they got angry. This is all about the ego.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  8. Christenstein The Christ-created creature Registered Senior Member

Wisdom Seeker, I think you may be onto something here. Jesus was indeed a rascal during His time - and He paid for that and our sins through the crucifixion. I imagine that the "ego" entered the world when Adam and Eve partake from the apple as they realized they were naked thereafter. Perhaps, repentance and acceptance of Christ as Savior is the ultimate way of ridding of the ego and attaching oneself back to the eternal God through rebirth in the Spirit. Just some thoughts for discussion from the top of my head.

9. Nutter Shake it loose, baby! Registered Senior Member

Matthew 23 is a rebuke of the apostate forms of Judaism prevalent at the time. It could also be perceived to be a rebuke of certain elements of Catholicism. But no, it is not contradicting Christianity.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

My question is: why are sects of the same faith so devoted to being dicks to each other?

11. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

You got that right.

First, I don´t think repentance is a good thing, is a useless feeling to manipulate people.
    Second, yes, Christ as a Savior IS what you say it is; except if you interpret that Jesus is Christ, because Jesus is dead, Christ is not. Christ is the living essence in each of us that Jesus cristalized perfectly.

12. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I have to disagree with you man, I have met many Christians, and just a few people that live under Jesus´ precepts, and they were definitely not Christians. Even Buddhists do it better, following the teachings of Jesus, but they don´t even know it to that degree.

13. Christenstein The Christ-created creature Registered Senior Member

How is repentance manipulation of others?

14. Nutter Shake it loose, baby! Registered Senior Member

Are you saying that life = Christ?

15. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Yes.
    Human beings are part saint, part animal, just like every other animal in Earth. The saint/animal unification in one person do God´s will at the perfection; but a person that is divided by society, a person that judges people, discriminates (even if is just in your head), is divided, is either saint or animal, but not both. Our nature is to be both, like animals, but humans created a society on which an ego is necessary to survive. If you don´t have an ego, society won´t like you, because nobody can control a free spirit, like Gautama, like Jesus...

There is life, and human ego. God and Satan.

The thing is, all animals have life, they do God´s will just because they have no ego like a 3 year old child. A child that age is more resemblant of an animal than a human, in the behaviour and consciosness.
    When Adam ate from the tree of Good and Evil, it only means society created the concept of good and evil, God didn´t create that difference. The thing is, that is the only way to manipulate the people, creating an ego, and our parents are victims as well, they helped big way in the creation of our ego. Is like a child dancing in a formal ceremony, not having any respect for formalities, that is our true spirit; but parents won´t let this happen, the child "needs" to behave in the eyes of society. So parents start controlling the kid, the kid starts crying, because he is bored, he wants to play around with people, so in defense, his brain creates this ego, to behave in society.

Then after the ego is created by our brain for defense at the pressure of society, we start noticing this situation, we spend our whole life looking for the feelings we get when we were kids. That feeling is the tranquility of being one being, the animal and the saint together. Not separate beings by the ego, the ego is our only obstacle to achieve this state of blisfullness.

The second childhood is something only people like Jesus or Gautama experience, and it is our ultimate goal in life, even if we don´t know it. To become Buddha, to become Christ. To get rid of our ego, and get into the Kingdom of God.

Gotta go now, I can elaborate further if you´d like. Peace out my friend

16. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

You are being told what is good and what is wrong, it is society that creates this division. And is a division different from Christianity to an African tribe, pretty different concepts on what is good or wrong.

So, lets say for example there are 4 countries, each of the countries with different religions, different beliefs, different ideas on what is good and what is bad. So where you are born defines if you are good or bad? If you put all of the religions together, you will only notice that everyone is good, and everyone is bad, according to the unification of beliefs. So what to believe?

Are you going to feel guilty for something you believe is wrong because someone told you is wrong? Then move to another country, in there what you did is right so you have nothing to worry about.

Living is the past is repentance, what you doing is damaging youself; instead of directing your energy towards love and compassion, with repentance you will only get hate and sadness, it is only damaging for you.

With repentance, what you are doing is judging yourself, and therefore, judging others. Acceptance is the key, total acceptance of who you are and what you have done. If you accept all the things you have done, then you are accepting the totallity of youor personality. What you can do is learn from past mistakes, but not feel guilty, stop living in the past, is gone.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

um why are you impling catholics aren't christians cause they are

18. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I know Catholics and Christians are both based on Jesus´ teachings, but Christians don´t like Catholics because of their idols and the Jesus in the cross thingy, so they are separate religions. But you can call all of them Christians, you are right.

My point is far away from that stuff, I´m saying that the Catholic and Christian religious cults do not follow the same teachings they claim to follow, which are those of Jesus. I call that hypocresy, and Jesus used to call that hypocresy as well.

19. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Which teachings are different between Catholics and christians? A list would be fine.

20. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

- Christians don´t believe in statues, they think those are evil. Like the statue of Christ nailed to the cross in each church, Christians don´t have that.

- Christians don´t believe in the divinity of the Virgin Mary, Catholics have prayers to her.

- Christians don´t believe in repetitive praying, like Catholics keep repeating the same prayers over and over again.

- Christians dance in the ceremonies.

Those are just of the top of my head.

Indifferent to these things, I don´t beleive in man-made churches, or man-named priests, or man made-scriptures.
    Jesus didn´t follow anyone, Gautama didn´t follow anyone, Zarathustra didn´t follow anyone, etc...; they followed only themselves, their spirit. And that is what they were doing, to teach people to follow nobody´s teachings, for every person to follow only his inner-self.

21. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Having been a dyed in the wool catholic, but no more, you are totally mistaken.

Catholics don't believe in statues either. Catholic churches have lots of statues, but they're nothing more than artwork as reminders. They are not to be worshipped. That would be idolatry.

Jesus nailed to the cross is called a crucifix. Catholics believe it is a reminder of what Jesus allegedly did for humanity.

M*W: Catholics don't believe in the divinity of Mary per se. Catholics do have prayers to her, but she only serves the purpose of intercessory prayer to her son. She is only adored as his mother, because she had a special place in his life.

M*W: Christians repeat the Our Father, the Doxology, the 23rd Psalm, Psalm 101, I believe, and many more, so what you've stated is not true. Catholics have specific prayers to the BVM and the saints. All the prayers Catholics say are based on the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus, and are not directed to the individual saints for their holiness.

M*W: I have personally known Catholic charismatics who danced in the aisles and laid on hands in prayer meetings, and had rock music masses. Times have changed.

M*W: Neither do I nor do I believe in a god nor a son of god, nor a mother of god, nor a sister of god, nor a brother of god, nor a wife of god, nor a child of god, etc.

M*W: That's fine and good, but I don't believe a jesus existed, nor his mother, nor his step-father, nor his wife, nor his brothers. Didn't happen. Nothing to believe. I don't know about Guatama or the others, but I know there was no Jesus.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the traditional confession in a cramped up booth with the priest listening behind a screen no longer exists. The current sacrement of reconciliation occurs between the individual and the priest face-to-face. It is usually accompanied by a mass of reconcilation, appropriate music, waiting one's turn to speak to the priest, and the "punishment" is no longer "say three hail mary's," but something more advantageous to the community like pray for the homeless or feed the homeless, etc.

If I wasn't such a fanatical atheist, I'd make a great catholic!

22. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

your missing my point catholics ARE christians.

23. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Okay. I may have thought I was replying to Wisdumb_Seeker