Why you should not convert to Sharia Islam

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

http://capetownnews.co.za/2007/06/01/this-religion-has-no-unsubscribe-button/

Savages

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

That´s manipulative & oppresive government at its best.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Hold up. The Chief Justice of Malaysia, having been thru legal training and certification, doesn't see how you CAN at whim and fancy convert among religions?

How is it that religion is suddenly a genetic trait? Is there a chromosome or DNA bit that has a crescent moon on it?

Stupid humans. It's a good thing I'm a starship.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Not just the government... things such as this are embedded in the Bible and Koran themselves.

8. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Well, that's indoctrination for you...

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

At least she isn't a cartoonist, or the author of the Satanic Verses. She gets to live (for now).

10. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/m...messid=12001922&STARTPAGE=1&parentid=0&from=6

Another bit of evidence for the oppressive and completely inhumane and, of course, stupid delusion that's called Islam is the story in Malaysia about the man who was separated from his wife of 21 years because it came to the attention of the Islamic nutbars running the country that his wife was adopted by an Islamic couple when she was young because her parents were killed.

After 21 years and 6 kids into a marriage, the Hindu couple and their Hindu children were separated and the kids and wife each sent to concentration camps for "re-education" and brainwashing. Eventually, the Islamic court allowed the kids to return to the father, but the wife is still kidnapped by the government and being tortured into submitting to the Islamic delusion.

She should be permitted her own delusions, as should all people. It was bad enough that they raised their children to believe they were "Hindu," which is probably child abuse in and of itself, but to have the whole family separated and a religious delusion forced upon them is the problem with theocracy to begin with.

And this is exactly the kind of thing that many religious fundamentalists in the United States would like to see occur. They would like nothing other than to ensure that Christianity be considered the state religion and apostacy restricted by law. If religious fundamentalists could legally restrict Muslim evangelism, they would do so. This is why its important for free thinking and rationally minded people to speak out against the delusions and nonsense claims of religion.

11. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Yeap, this started when Religion was mixed with the Government. Thank God is not like that in our countries anymore. But it was still the government that did those things, not the prophets.

12. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I agree with you in everything you said here.
    Religion should NOT be mixed with the Government, because is the historical case of Government manipulating people using their beliefs as a hook, it is the worst kind of oppresion.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah without religion, governments are so much better. Like Communism, such a benevolent system.

14. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I´m not saying that you should totally take out religion. But to make religion the highest power of the Government is what is not a good idea at all.

15. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Interesting bit of fallacious bullshit. It doesn't, however, explain why there are so many governments that do *not* have religion afflicting them that do extremely well. In fact, the more non-religious a society is, the better their society appears to be for it.

But there will always be contrary and argumentative types that are afflicted with religious delusions of their own that will bring up communism as an example of "the atheist society." In spite of the utter stupidity of the argument itself.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't disagree, but what do you base this claim on?

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The governments that do well do not deal with many issues or are monocultural enough that it does not matter; its when you have a mixed society that such factors become evident.

18. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

One need only look at the oppression and violence fostered in every single Muslim theocracy that exists. The evidence will smack you in the face.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yes, all the wars have been fought in and by Muslim societies. It is the Muslim societies worldwide that are monocultural; notice how they keep enforcing their beliefs and views on others as though they were the only right ones.

20. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Complete and utter BS. There is plenty of multiculturalism in these countries and they do very well. In fact, it is the introduction of the delusion of Islam that is creating violence and disorder in these nations. Muslim fanatics have no problem immigrating to these countries and taking advantage of their freedoms and liberties, but they want them curtailed in their favor, making it illegal to criticize Islam and to continue to allow Islamic atrocities against women and others (honor killings, physical abuse, arranged marriages, etc.) in these countries in spite of existing laws.

21. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

I mentioned nothing about wars.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

O really? You seem to be highly confused as to what entails doing well. I do not consider using power and force to exploit people on a worldwide scale as a benevolent governance, but what do I know. O wait a minute, you mean they are chummy with the people that follow their rules and notions of a correct society, but consider all others as collateral damages? Wow, that is original.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, after all wars are a sign of getting along with people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.