smoking ban starts this friday.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by EmptyForceOfChi, May 30, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

the smoking ban is nearly here for people in england in public enclosed places,

how do you think it will go down. will it be enforced and will it work?

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fishtail Registered Senior Member

No chance, i am going out with a pocket full nub ends and will plant them hither and dither.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

my mistake its july the 1st not june the 1st.

you can get a £50 on the spot fine for smoking in a public building, and an £80 on the sot fine for putting your cig butt out on the floor.

nice way to make some extra cash.

peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Yeah. I'm going every night for this month and smoking 2 or 3 packs per night, just so I'm stocked up on nicotine levels for the next couple of months' drinking after the 1st July.

8. Ziazan Banned Banned

I think it won't happen.

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

they did this here in belgium at the start of the year.
    makes sense for nations that have socialized health care, though.
    you can still smoke in bars, as long as the smoking section is someplace where a customer doesnt have to enter, and there is a standardized smoke eating machine.

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Chew tobacco.

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i stuff it in my bum.

12. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

It's been banned here in scotland for over a year now, no one cares about the fines, I walk smoking through the train station on my way home.

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

I think it wil work just great. Other places that have also banned smoking in public places haven't seen the doom that many prophesized about pubs closing due to lack of customers. I saw a TV prog stating the number of pub closures per month was about 60 at the moment anyway. Shit pubs will go bust with or without smokers it seems.

It's sad that some say they would rather stay home so they can smoke, than go out and socialize. Shows just how addicting nicotine is.

Personally, I like the idea of being able to nip down to a pub for a couple of hours and not coming home reeking.

Will it get enforced? Well, after July 1st, anyone sparking up in front of me in a pub is going to get their cigarettes stomped on.

14. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

With the cigarette still in their mouth?

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

Depends, if they fail to comply after being asked to politely, and get shirty, maybe!

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Have you been named the official enforcement authority for the ban? Because if not, what you do will be deemed assault, regardless of the cigarette.

Is it your place to enforce the laws?

Baron Max

17. poontang Registered Senior Member

It would be awesome if anyone from the public could claim the £50 fine for someone else smoking... sort of citizens arrest thing. So many people everyone looking to make a quick 50 quid people couldnt smoke anywhere

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

Blah Blah Blah.

Blah Blah Blah.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

When did we allow little children to post on sciforums???

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

20. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Well, how long have you been here?

21. phlogistician Banned Banned

As always Max, you take the position of the contrary, and add nothing of substance to the debate, and are so keen to do so you don't actually understand the content of the post to which you reply.

Oh, and for what it's worth, if I'd replied 'ga ga ga' your comment about children might have been salient. But I didn't, so it wasn't. It was 'Blah Blah Blah' Max, a commentary on your usual rhetoric.

22. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

Blah blah blah is the behaviour of a five year old, if you had said ga ga ga you would have degraded yourself to the level of a one year old.

Impressive reserve.

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

So you have nothing to add to the debate either.