Rosie O'Donnell left The View: Was she fired?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Medicine*Woman, May 30, 2007.

1. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I don't know how most of you feel about Rosie O'Donnell, but I wanted to present a question to those of you who might catch The View during the day:

Rosie and Elisabeth got into a heated argument about the war in Iraq on Tuesday. Rosie did not appear on the show on Wednesday, and on Thursday, Friday and Monday, the shows were pre-recorded. Today, Barbara explained that Rosie chose not to come back and leave three weeks earlier than was planned.

What do you all think? Was she fired and Barbara was saving face? Or, did she leave on her own accord.

I think Rosie was a big mouth bully. What do you think?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually, I think she got in a heated argument, got fed up with not being able to bully Hasselbeck and left.

I cuaght some of the argument, and it was stupid. Rosie had opened her mouth and inserted foot the week before and was getting slammed by nearly everyone. Hasselbeck was a guest on some critics program and did not directly defend Rosie, but didn't fuel it either. Rosie was pissed that hasslebeck diod not defend her. Hasselbeck basically said that wasn't her job. Rosie got pissed and left after taping.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

How can anyone care? It must suck.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sandy Banned Banned

We've been discussing the Rosie vs. Chirpy Elizabeth thing on another thread since 5-25. C'mon over.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Exploradora Registered Senior Member

I do not watch the view- we're usually watching the doodlebops around that time of day. But from what I have seen, I don't think Rosie or Elisabeth have many intellectually redeemable qualities. Frankly the show appears to be one large publicity stunt for second class talent.
    I think the ratings were too high with Rosie on it for even Barbara Walters to have a say on her employment status

She makes it difficult to be a liberal and sound legitimate. She brings a lot of it on herself. But beyond that I think she is attacked for reasons that should be irrelevant (ie: her weight or her sexual orientation). I also do not think Elizabeth Hasselhoff(sp?) is any more redeemable than she is. The only good thing to come of that show, in my opinion, is Lisa Ling. But she was on channel 1 which also spawned Anderson Cooper. So... maybe it's channel 1 and not "The View" that helped create her career.

9. otheadp Banned Banned

unfortunately she was NOT fired. though she should have been.
    what a fucking nut.
    she's a fringe lunatic, but there are always people like that. the problem lies with ABC executives who are so pathetic at what they do that they resort to giving a fringe lunatic like Rosie a platform to disseminate disgusting garbage, as opposed to coming up with real quality programming that is interesting for other reasons.

everyone will tune in to see a freak show. but a major network should be able to get ratings from other sources without resorting to that

shame on ABC for hiring and not firing her
    shame on Rosie's parents who made her the disgusting person that she is
    shame on Rosie's psychiatrists that did not treat her well enough and/or did not perscribe her enough ritalin / lithium

and good fucking riddance

10. otheadp Banned Banned

now Elizabeth should follow suit.
    she is in hostile territory, with the venom coming from the crowd, the guests, and probably the co-hosts too. she sticks out like a pretty flower among sore thumbs.

she is so much better than that pathetic show. i really respect her for all the abuse she took and for her not cowering away and challenging that raging bull and her crew about her conspiracy theories and not lose her cool even once.

also congrats to her for exposing Rosie for what she really is - a bully. bullies abuse their victims only until the victim stands up to them. then they stop.
    the first time Elizabeth actually stood up for herself, Rosie got too intimidated and ran off with the tail between her legs.

Elizabeth should be going to conservative-land to start her own show, because there she has street-cred (which ironically she earned on The View), and where she will be among friends, and not among liberal snobs who bully her around, talk down to her, and rudely embarass her on national TV (e.g. the washed up vegan Alicia Silverstone did)

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

How did Rosie leaving the view become a World Event topic?
    Did you notice that same day Alicia Stalone walked in, and said hello to everybody except for crazy Elisabeth Filarski?

12. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

Rosie is a mess of a person.

13. monadnock Registered Senior Member

We need people like Rosie. Loud enough to shout down the likes of Cheney.

14. Saquist Banned Banned

I 've learned not to trust anything that Walters says. It's lip service in regards to her own self image aswell as her talk show.

Rosie is worse in every way. She's the most obnoxious person I've seen in a while and she seems to enjoy berating others for there opinions while lifting her own above all others.

I believe few on the show liked her and she had little to know support. More than likely it was consentual to release her from both parties standpoint...but It's apparent Rosie made enemies on the show and around it, likely at ABC.