Karma/Deeds Individual or Mutual?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Kumar, May 18, 2007.

1. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Hello,

Another short question:-

Whether Karma/Deeds, good and bad are mutually adjustable or individual in giving effects and neutralizing?

Best wishes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I´m with the Buddhists on this one, Karma is defined by our individual actions towards others, in the path of this cyclic existance (many encarnations). Until you reach our final goal, which is to break our cyclic existance, and become a Buddha, a Christ.

Meaning, if you cheat on you woman, you WILL be cheated at, if not on this, but on your next existance.

So if you are born with a terminal discease, there is noone else to blame than your Karma. Or if you are born with charisma and good looks, it is a result of good Karma from passed life.

Noone can really argue against divine knowlegde, God is the only one that know true justice.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kumar Registered Senior Member

I want to understand whether paap and punyas are adjusted against each other or not?

Do we have to face consequences against all good deeds(punya) and bad deeds(paap/sin) individually or nett of all paapas and punyas?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Amazingly good question

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, I don´t feel I have the right to answer this, because what I call Divine Judgement is not understood by us human beings.

However, I can answer your question with my honest intuition, after, all , it is all I have in this matter:

I think we have to face the nett consequences of our previous paapas and punyas.
    Like for example, it is said that if you are born with good looks, it is a result of good Karma of wise sexual behavious in past lifes, or in Buddhist words, kept the third precept in the previous life:

3 - "Kamesu micchacara veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami"
    I undertake the precept to refrain from sexual misconduct.

So this would be a nett result of you total sexual behaviour in a whole life, and not just 1 action towards wise sexual behaviour, but all your actions together in one life, achieved this.

Be free to question my perception.

Peace

8. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Many people/examples indicate invidual consequences from all karmas done by us and they are mot mutually adjustable. Many people have done much good for whole life but one bad karma has made him to face consequences as per that karma. So pls assess it again by looking previous examples/tellings.

9. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Hi my friend, I have a better example on how karma is accumulative, and you don´t have to pay for one specific bad karma:

"After Jesus was crucified, the humanity haven’t enter the realm of God. If he suffered for us, the crucifixion was a penitence for our fault and sins, then it has failed, because the guilt continues, the sin continues, the suffering continues. So his suffering was in vain, then the crucifixion was not successful. Christianity has simply a myth. But the oriental analysis of the human life has a different attitude. Jesus crucifixion was the whole suffering accumulated from his past karmas. And this was his last life; he would not enter his earthly body again, so the suffering had to be crystallized, concentrated in a single spot. This single spot became the crucifixion.
    He didn’t suffer for anyone else, nobody can suffer for nobody else. He suffered for himself, for his past karmas Nobody can set you free, because you are in a “prison” due to your own karmas; so how can Jesus liberate you? He can become a slave, he can become a free man, he can obtain liberation. Through crucifixion, he locked the account of his own karmas. It’s over, the chain has come to its end. The cause and effect had come to its end. This body won’t be born again; he will not enter in another uterus. If he would not have been an enlightened person, he would have to suffer this in many lifes. But he concentrated in a spot, in a single life.
    You can’t interfere, if you interfere, you will only create more suffering for yourself. Do not interfere with the karmas, go beyond them, be a witness of them. Consider them a dream, not real; watch them and be indifferent. Do not get involved. Your body suffers: watch the suffering. Your body is happy: watch the happiness. Do not identify, that is what meditation means."

Acharya Rajneesh

10. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Probably, he might had faced otherwises, because he might had pursued otherwises to prevailing yuga/age entitlements for others(for which they might had not entitled dur to prevailed age/yuga entitlements--so we say suffered for us). Any act or deed can be valid and right, if it is as per prevailing yuga/age entitlement. Suppose if bads are valid in kalyuga due to need of time, any one pursuing good, may face adversities/otherwises. Suppose if allopathy, current age medical science, is valid even though with some adversities, it will be considered most valid so will persist. Nature balances itself and for it, modalities for different yuga's/ages are indicated. I think mahabharata indications are for kalyuga, Ramayan for satyuge etc. in our religion. Different avtaras of same god maintaining us are suggestive of changes in maintaining us as per need and entitlement of time/age/yuga. Somewhat similar indications can be there in other religion. While pursuing/indicating goods, I do feel some inconviences as if I am doing something against the nature. In view of imbalances and excessiveness, pursulin undue goods may be invalid. As such, for getting maintained here, one may also consider need and entitlement of time/yuga...though bad or good. I consider it "punishment here and reward there for doing undue good if good is invalid" i.e. doing against the nature/time/age/yuga. Reward here punishment there can be possible, if doing bad but entitled/valid. In mahabhartha, Duryodhan/Kayravs enjoyed much luxaries/kingdom for most part of life inspite practicing bads.

11. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Man, to be honest, I didn´t quite understood what you said.
    Could you please elaborate? I don´t know the concept you are reffering to with the following:
    - age/yuga entitlements.
    - time/yuga
    - nature/time/age/yuga
    - mahabharata
    - kalyuga
    - Ramayan
    - satyuge
    - avtaras
    - Duryodhan/Kayravs

And by the way, what is your religion that you talk about?

12. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Sorry, I thought you know about hindu mythologies/Mahabharta. All these are indicated in that. Sorry, then I will talk otherwise as it will be difficult to explain everything. You can try google search alike one I searched:-

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  13. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Ok, I got it now, and I see your perspective.
    There is one thing you are not taking in consideration. On what basis do you think what is good or bad? What is a bad deed, or a good deed?

Lao Tzu says in the "Tao te Ching":
    "In pursuit of knowledge,
    every day something is added.
    In the practice of the Tao,
    every day something is dropped.
    Less and less do you need to force things,
    until finally you arrive at non-action.
    When nothing is done,
    nothing is left undone.

True mastery can be gained
    by letting things go their own way.
    It can't be gained by interfering."

Why? Because when it rains, it rains for everyone. One must do what it is in our nature to do, not what society expect from us.