Marihuana and the Bible

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Wisdom_Seeker, May 14, 2007.

1. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I am a weed supporter, so here I go, supporting for believers:
    Something that most people ignore, is the fact that Cannabis appears 5 times in the Biblie:

"In 1936 Sula Benet (a.k.a. Sara Benetowa), a Polish etymologist from the Institute of Anthropological Sciences in Warsaw stated that: "In the original Hebrew text of the Old Testament there are references to hemp, both as incense, which was an integral part of religious celebration, and as an intoxicant"(Benet 1975). Through comparative etymological study, Bennett documented that in the Old Testament and in its Aramaic translation, the Targum Onculos, hemp is referred to as kaneh bosm, which is also rendered in traditional Hebrew as kannabos or kannabus. The root "kan" in this construction means "reed" or "hemp", while "bosm" means "aromatic".

This word appeared in Exodus 30:23, Song of Songs 4:14., Isaiah 43:24, Jeremiah 6:20, Ezekiel 27:19.

In 1980 the Hebrew University in Israel confirmed Benet's identification of Kaneh-Bosm as hemp, and the respected anthropologist Weston La Barre(1980) referred to the Biblical references in an essay on cannabis."

More points for the Holly Herb!!!

Besides this references, there are a few other things that can be interpreted with Cannabis consumption:

Genesis 1.29: "God said, "See, I give you every seed-bearing plant that is upon all the earth, and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit; they shall be yours for food."

"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man and oil to make his face to shineth." (Psalm 104:14-15)

"The Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest. For afore the harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Is. 18:4-5)

"And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more." (Ezekiel 34:29)

"One believeth that he may eat all things. Another...eateth herbs. ... Let us not, therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Ghost." (Epistle of St. Paul: Romans 14: 2,3,13,14,17)

AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE:

"And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." (Rev. 22:1-2)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

So you believe that every reference to, seed, tree, leaf and bud in the bible refers to mj?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Um, this definitely isn't a marijuana reference. Trust me.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Nope, but all plants are included, even MJ!

Only 5 times in the Old Testament is a literal reference, you cant oppose to those, even if you dont agree.

8. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

You do know that cannabis is the most prolific of the suitable plants and grows well in almost all climates, reaching maximum biomass yield in about four months.

Hemp seeds contain oil that is relatively rich in essential fatty acids. In particular, hemp oil is the best vegetable source of both the omega-3 fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and the omega-6 fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). A tablespoon of seeds generally contains 3 to 4 grams of total fat, of which 70% are polyunsaturated fats and as much as 15 to 20% are ALA.3 GLA content is generally much lower at roughly 2 to 5%. ALA and GLA and other plants that contain one or both of these substances, such as flax, borage, evening primrose, and black currant, are known or strongly believed to have benefits for a variety of inflammatory conditions, atherosclerosis, and some neurological problems. Hemp also contains natural vitamin E and a significant amount of protein.

An unidentified compound or compounds from an extract of hemp seeds has been shown to promote memory, learning, and immune function in mice.5 6 It is believed to act by stimulating a brain enzyme known as calcineurin.

So NOPE I wont trust you on that one dude!!

9. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Fine. Spend all your money on weed and pizzas then. It's no skin off my nose, is it.

10. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Stereotyping is not cool man, I grow my own weed, and I have the special ability to control my monchies (=.

11. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I don't. But then again, I've come to embrace the munchies. It can be a good thing if you don't have an appetite sometimes.

12. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Hehehe, embrace the monchies my friend.

Sometimes I like to smoke after I get my meal, that way I dont get the monchies, thats what I mean when I say I can control my monchies. Because I know people that can smoke after lunch, get hungry again and eat more, that is not my case.

If I smoke before eating, I get so hungry I enjoy the food like 5 times more than normal, but I dont eat more than usual.

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

So it's ok for him to "embrace the munchies" but not ok for me to say "spend all your money on weed and pizzas"!?? What kind of fucking logic is that!?? He's your bezzie mate but, oh, I'm stereotyping you!

And then you say "If I smoke before eating, I get so hungry I enjoy the food like 5 times more than normal, but I dont eat more than usual", totally negating everything that you've just told me - you lying cunt!!!

Oh God, you people make me so MAD!!!!!!!!

14. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

If it's any consellation dude, you have my support. Spend as much money as you want on weed and pizza. I always say, 'there's always money for weed'.

Weed is illegal but alcohol isn't.....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

No, not you - him!!!!

16. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I know who you were talking about. It's cool.

17. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

It frigging well isn't!!! He clearly contradicted himself!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Why are you so mad at me man? geeez, go smoke some ganja dude.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yes,

may jah be praised,

peace.

20. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I 'n I de master of creation
    created 'erb to pacify de nations
    (continue it ras)

21. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

And to heal the hearts of men!!

22. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Now don't get me wrong, I do not care what you do nor do I have an issue with smokers - I smoke myself, (although it's an exceptionally rare circumstance when I would smoke pot - I like my drink too much), I would like to point out one thing..

Carrots are very good for you. They have beta carotene, high in vitamin D etc etc etc etc... However, all of that aside.. all of your "70% polyunsaturated" crap, it isn't really healthy to smoke a carrot. The same applies to the stuff you smoke. All of those benefits that you state exist are meaningless when it's being smoked. Eat a marijuana leaf and then tell the world about polyunsaturates. If you're rolling it, lighting it and smoking it your statements are moot.

23. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I'm not. I just flipped out for while back there. Go in peace, my son.