Which GOD is Better 1st or the new Version

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Singularity, May 12, 2007.

?

Choose your version of GOD

1. Version 1, its all right, i have no problems with GOD

40.0%
  2. Vesrion 2, yes we need reforms, i had enough of GODs injustice

10.0%
  3. I am an Atheist, i am just chipin my other views on GOD

50.0%
  1. Singularity Banned Banned

Which GOD is Better, 1st or the new Version

Version 1 : you do a sin and you will be punished in your next life or you will go to hell after your death. Here the victim suffers all her life and the evil person enjoys. So if someone cuts a womans hand, she will suffer all her life while he will be scott free with his contacts and money powers.

GOD 2.0 : you do a sin; After the sin is complete GOD interveins. You are punished for what u just did and the victims damage is restored along with the trauma (memories subsided).

Make your choice, i am an Atheist, Just checking out your views on this one.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

terminator 3 was a stupid movie.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Diogenes' Dog Subvert the dominant cliche... Registered Senior Member

Suppose you don't believe in a God who keeps score and punishes us for our 'sins'? I think you have 2 very narrow definitions of God here Singularity! I can't vote for either version - both are monsters.

If I thought that was what God was - I'd be a militant atheist!

uke:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Singularity Banned Banned

Diogenes' Dog,

1st version is how your god works

2nd version is a better version where GOD cares for justice more than after lives.

Make your choice, if u think theres something monstrous then u r becoming atheist, congrats.

8. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I am an atheist, but I voted for which god I think would be better.

9. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

dam it i voted for the first one by mistake i meant number two wouldent that be a perfect world.

10. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

no. You could be killed over petty things.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2007
  11. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

i thought it meant like u get the punishment you just did..

12. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

eg you punch someone you get punched and then evrythink gets reversed.

13. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

....but would you want your memories erased?

14. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

yea then you would do it again so would be prety stupid huh

15. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

There's actually an episode of Red Dwarf that touches on that. Lister ends up in a prison where any crime you commit is returned to you, (eg you punch a man you get the impact and bruise). He ends up killing a man by helping that man attack him.

Worth watching.

16. Diogenes' Dog Subvert the dominant cliche... Registered Senior Member

Ah... I understand a bit better what you are asking! However, if God is not like a person who intervenes, but is the transcendent part of ourselves, the question becomes redundant e.g. someone who seeks to find their "higher Self" through yoga or meditation would not expect such intervention!

To explain further... everything that happens to us in our lives is potentially helpful in realising our transcendent nature. A terrible tragedy may leave a person embittered and wanting revenge or they may come out of it wiser, more forgiving, and/or more appreciative of life. It depends what they do with it. "God" is the power within us to transform the way we see something 'bad' happening to us, and use it for our good. The best example of this is the crucifixion (tragedy) which led to the resurrection, the start of Christianity and the global spreading of ideas like "forgive your enemy", "judge not" and "love your neighbour as yourself". Had Jesus raised an army to fight back, the message would have been lost.

In your example, the woman who's hand was cut may choose to become embittered and to seek revenge, or through 'grace', may learn forgiveness and the freeing of her mind/spirit. The choice is hers as to which 'voice' she listens to. Her pain is transitory, but what she could gain (freeing her mind by learning to forgive) is eternal.

So, God is like the 2nd version, but not quite as you put it, Te choice is up to us... Given what I've said, which option should I vote for? :shrug:

17. Diogenes' Dog Subvert the dominant cliche... Registered Senior Member

I remember that episode - there were some neat ideas in those Red Dwarf plots! Unfortunately, I don't think it sold in the States....

18. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Aye, completely off topic I know, but they were planning to attempt it, (with just the Kryten actor), but English humour doesn't really translate well into American.

19. Singularity Banned Banned

No u wont be killed over petty things, yes but if u kill someone that wont be petty unless u think so.

20. Singularity Banned Banned

I have said memories will be subsided , not erased, so they can be subsided till the point they wont bother.