Favorite Bible Quotes

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by darksidZz, May 11, 2007.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Post your favorite biblical quotes here, then if you'd like to comment on them it is welcome. Unfortunately I've no idea what the bible says because I've never read one..

You may also post quotes you think reflect upon the bibles nature, be it falsity or truth.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

It's good for a fool to keep his mouth shut so people won't know he's a fool.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Yet you are unwaveringly convinced that it is entirely false.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Yes, yes, the entire bible is BS and junk, but still what is your favorite quote?

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

...and how do you know this if you never read it?

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

John 10:34, “Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

John 6:66 The Lord Jesus looked across the room to one of the twelve and said, hey mate don't fish-lip it and save me a drag!

11. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Leviticus 22:24 You must not offer to the lord an animal whose testicles are bruised, crushed, torn or cut

Gotta laugh.

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oooo yeah, God's gonna love these ones.

LOL
    Michael

13. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

5 When he entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, appealing to him 6and saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, in terrible distress." 7And he said to him, "I will come and cure him." 8The centurion answered, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only speak the word, and my servant will be healed. 9For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes, and to another, 'Come,' and he comes, and to my slave, 'Do this,' and the slave does it." 10When Jesus heard him, he was amazed and said to those who followed him, "Truly I tell you, in no oned in Israel have I found such faith.

Always liked this part. When I saw the Franco Zefferelli prod "Jesus of Nazereth" it was somewhat amusing to see Ernest Borgnine take the part of the Centurion.

14. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Chester 4:14 - "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

15. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

It doesn't take a genius to realize a book is just a book.

16. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Cor. 1:17

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I couldn't agree more.

18. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

NIV Matthew 6:1 "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

19. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I'm done trying to have discussions with you.
    I'm just not going to bother anymore.

20. Saquist Banned Banned

I know so many but...

Proverbs: 12:18 was the second scripture I learned and commited to my memory.

"There exist one speaking thoughtlessly, as if stabs of a sword. But the tongue of the wise one is a healing"

But as to my faith and knowledge there are two that stand along

John 173:

"This means everlasting life their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God and of the one you sent forth...Jesus Christ"

To go with that Jesus ecounter with some of his disciples and

John 6:69
    "Shall you go away from me also?" asked Jesus. "To which Simon Peter says. Teacher, who shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life. We believed and have come to know that you are the chosen one of God."

These scriptures are well suited to gether. From them we understand that believing is not enough we must take in knowledge and come to an accurate knowledge of God and his provisions to deliever man from sin and death.

21. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

this quotes by far the best, jesus curse's a fig tree for being out of season, KJV mark 11,13: And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
    14: And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.
    go figure!

22. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

What? They were told never to eat a fig tree?

23. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Good to see you guys are doing your daily Bible study.