Space Bending Debunked

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Singularity, May 11, 2007.

1. Singularity Banned Banned

Irrefutable proof that Space Bending cannot exist. Heres how:

Its said that Photon dont have mass so they cant be pulled by Gravity. Whatever the reason, they say that photon cannot be pulled by gravity hence its the space that bends and not the light.

So whats new ?

Well if photon cant be pulled as they dont have mass then why do all the smart people think (or cant think) that space which itself dont have mass can be pulled by Gravity.

Inshort they are saying that space is pulled more than light.

And heres another one

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Look at those bend space lines, if light travels on those lines it will come back out straight, the observer outside the bend region will never notice that the light took the bend path except that there will be a delay in the duration for the light to reach.

So what does this mean ?

It means all the lens effects they talk about are not a result of space bending, so what is it ?

I think its the light thats bending.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Photons do have mass- just insignificant mass. They must have mass as Photons interfere with one another (photon interference theory - the whole 1 hole 2 hole 3 hole = 1 light 3 lights 5 lights thing)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Because light travels in space and therefore follows the curvature of space...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Incorrect. Photons have NO mass. They travel at c and nothing with mass can do that.

The interference you're trying to refer to is electromagnetic wave interference. Something quite common, in fact and you've experienced it if you've ever listened to a radio when another station on the same frequency managed to bounce in. It also happens when the original signal is reflected back to your receiver from some metallic object.

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

so i guess this problem will be fixed when they reconfigure the current theorys to tie in with it?

peace.

9. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

What problem is that, Chi?

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

that empty space with no mass can be effected by gravity?.

peace.

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

If there is no mass then there won't be any gravity, will there?

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

what does that have to do with space bieng bent,

edit- why is nobody contesting the original post with facts?

peace.

13. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Your question:
    If there is no mass there won't be any gravity and therefore no space bending...

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yes but is there actualy any space bending? that is the point. or is it just light thats bending.

peace.

15. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

and what about black matter?

16. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Because, among other things, one of the definitions of gravity is the curvature of space.
    Space IS curved, and light follows it.
    If light as light was bent due to gravity, and not due to space curvature then you'd have to come up with a whole new theory as to why light bent but space didn't, and therefore what gravity is.
    Simpler explanation... space bends due to mass, light travels in space and therefore follows the bending.

17. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

What about it?

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I can only speak for myself. I've no interest in debating the original poster because it would have no effect on her/his/it's opinion. Which is really all it is - opinion, with no basis in facts.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

can you class it as actual matter? 80% of the universe is in theory black matter just because it emmits no light, can you class it as actual matter?

because this would inturn mean that nearly 100% of the universe is made up of matter if you class black matter as real matter.

peace.

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Er, post 3? Singularity's error is pointed out...

21. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

water surface causes light refraction, who is to say that there is not an unseen force refracting the light in the universe?

and so what if a new theory has to be made up whats the harm in that?

peace.

22. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I don't recall the date but it was many years ago that it was first observed and was bent at precisely the angle predicted. The observation was of the position of a star and then it's apparent position during a solar eclipse. The gravitational pull of the sun warped space and made the star appear to be where it was not.

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

can you prove space bends? i am not saying i am on either side of the argument i am an observer asking questions,

can you show me space bending?

peace.