hell or heaven

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by geeser, May 11, 2007.

1. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

if I'm to go to hell, as the religious say for being an atheist, then at least it will be cooler there, a good 80C cooler.

so something to look forward too people.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nutter Shake it loose, baby! Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

why!
    am I bothered, do you think I'm bothered, do I look bothered. lol.
    you people make me laugh and laugh.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Not only that..

Think of the person you love most in this world, (mother/child/wife etc). Now.. if they end up in hell you'd be distraught, and you'd have to 'live' with that fact for eternity. As every day passes with you sitting in the clouds playing harps, you'll know that the person you love the most is burning. Most humans would have a problem with that and yet there wouldn't be a damn thing they could do about it.

It seems whether it's heaven or hell we're destined for, we'll all suffer the same.

8. If heave were totally perfect then satan would not have revolted. I believe that heaven is better than anything I can conceive but that it would not fit my definition of perfect.

9. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

your evidence for this is where!
    well that's your perogative, you can believe that if you wish, however people of reason, know it's extremely unlikely there is such a place, it's just wishful thinking on your part.

10. sandy Banned Banned

There is no suffering in Heaven. It is a glorious place where everything is beyond perfect. You will go there for eternity if you are a born-again child of Jesus Christ. That's where all 'his kids' go. I'm not taking any chances that my belief in this is wrong.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

have you been there, you know this how!
    and what of your children if they dont turn to christ, what happens to them, you seem to know all the answers.
    well bully for you, but why tell us what you believe, it's purely subjective to you, I'm glad you feel warm and fuzzy, just dont harm anyone because of your delusion.

12. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

For a moment consider that the person you love the most will end up burning in hell for eternity, (I explained this earlier).

Your return comment is to say that "there is no suffering in heaven" which leaves us with a couple of choices:

1) You wont remember that this loved one exists

2) You wont care about this loved one

Which is it?

13. sandy Banned Banned

God said it first: the Bible says there is no suffering in Heaven. If I had a child and it did not accept Jesus Christ as its' Lord and Savior when it reached the age of reason, it would be destined for hell. Sad but true.

When you go to Heaven you worship God. It will be the most awesome/glorious thing you ever knew. I don't know if you remember/care about loved ones. There is no scripture for that.

14. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

So what will you do sandy if, when your child reaches an age where they start to consider these things, he or she decides that they don't believe? Or that they believe in a different God? Assuming that you've discussed things with them at length, and they've remained Hell-bound. What then? Disown them? Accept them for what they are (ie Hell-bound)? Or what?

15. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

At least you acknowledge that it's "sad" I guess. However, it's worth doing a quick love test.

You die and go to heaven. Once there god tells you that your child is destined to hell to burn forever. He offers you the opportunity to swap places with her. Would you do it?

Sounds like awesome fun. An eternity of servitude, of bowing at the feet of a being that created you purely to bow at his feet. And theists dare claim god didn't want robots :bugeye:

16. sandy Banned Banned

IF I had a child it would be raised to be a believer. It would be so full of His word and well-behaved that it would not choose satan over God. It is the responsibility of parents with kids to get them saved. If they don't, the kid goes to hell when he dies.

No to the love test. It will never happen.

You will worship God in Heaven because you want to. He doesn't make anyone do anything they don't want. We have free will.

17. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

You've avoided the question, sandy. I'm asking what you'll do in the interesting inevitability that your child reacts against everything mummy believes in (as they probably will, with relish).

What then?

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  18. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

sandy, you are oh so blinkered.

19. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

So you wouldn't allow your child to make up his/ her own mind?

20. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Let's get this clear... You first said:

"IF I had a child it would be raised to be a believer."

Then said:

"You will worship God in Heaven because you want to. He doesn't make anyone do anything they don't want. We have free will."

So, god won't force anyone to do anything but you think you have the right to do so?

You don't know that. Perhaps it's the ultimate test of all.. A true test of how much you love your own.

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

if you had a dream that you had nice friends and woke up to find that you had better friends, what would you make of the dream?

22. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Any reason you didn't have any kids?

23. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

All due respect but I fail to see the relevance.