Nicola Tesla. Radio/Neon/xrays/ac power/rc/pumps, etc.

Discussion in 'History' started by kwhilborn, May 9, 2007.

1. kwhilborn Banned Banned

I was making a point in another forum, and gathered together some interesting videos and facts about one of the greatest scientific minds in our history. The videos are very educational and fun to watch.

I love talking about "Nicola Tesla", as it was his story that made me interested in science way back when. I may be a little more versed in the life of Tesla than many due to this fact; and his is a story worth telling.

Tesla was the world's most famous man at the turn of the 19th century. His best friend was Mark Twain, and had a rivalry with Thomas Edison. He is the forgotten electrical genius of our modern Space Age. Every time we turn on a light, start up a car, use a computer, or watch television, it is thanks to Tesla. He invented AC electricity and power plants, the electric motor, lasers, radar, radio (marconi used teslas early patents and tesla is officially the inventor of radio), loudspeakers, spark-plugs (mini tesla coils), the Tesla coil, vacuum tubes, x-rays, remote control, radar, robots, ignition systems, the speedometer, fluorescent lights, neon, particle beams, modern pumps, internet infrastructure and registered over 1000 patents, and supposedly developed free energy in a secret that died with him.

Walls, and wires, and grids. This is how we think of energy arriving through our homes, and quite frankly the idea Tesla was proposing does seem rather dangerous to me, but none-the-less Tesla devised a system to transmit electricity through the air, and with better results through the ground. Quite literally you would be plugging your toaster into the ground if Nicola Tesla had gotten his way.

There are many Movies and Videos about this, and here are a few good ones. They are very short, but explain his successes far better than I can do with mere words.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2024408465029239288&q=nicola tesla&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=448493458864593229&q=nicola tesla&hl=en

The academy award winning movie "the prestige" won an academy award for their portrayal of the sticking lightbulbs in the ground experiment which operates under the "energy transmitted through the earth" I was referring to with the toaster in the ground.

Tesla was crazy. He was also absolutely a brilliant engineer, but a nutbar none-the-less. He would always do things in multiples of threes, like eating, chewing or walking. He measured the volume of his food before he ate it. He liked to wow guests by running electrical current through his body to light lamps. His weirdness caused him problems with his various employers and landlords over the years. He died surrounded by pigeons in a New York apartment.

A century later, many of his discoveries are just beginning to see the light of day. His real secrets, however, are still classified under the National Security Act of 1947. He invented a air defence beam that he tried to sell to the british government that would destroy 300 planes simultaneously.

His radical ideas for free energy are just being theorized as possible now.

In the summer of 1931, Nikola Tesla, the inventor of alternating current and the holder of some 1000 other U.S. patents, along with his nephew Peter Savo, installed a box on the front seat of a brand new Pierce-Arrow touring car at the company factory in Buffalo, New York. The box is said to have been 24 inches long, 12 inches wide and 6 inches high. Out of it protruded a 1.8 meter long antenna and two ¼ inch metal rods. Inside the box was reputed to be some dozen vacuum tubes -- 70-L-7 type -- and other electrical parts. Two wire leads ran from the box to a newly-installed 40 inch long, 30 inch diameter AC motor that replaced the gasoline engine.
    As the story goes, Tesla inserted the two metal rods and announced confidently, "We now have power" and then proceeded to drive the car for a week, "often at speeds of up to 90 mph." One account says the motor developed 1,800 rpm and got fairly hot when operating, requiring a cooling fan. The "converter" box is said to have generated enough electrical energy to also power the lights in a home.
    The car is said to have ended up on a farm 20 miles outside of Buffalo, "not far from Niagara Falls."
    So what was the power source? Some charged "black magic", while others remained naturally skeptical. Tesla is reputed to have removed the box and returned to his New York City laboratory without revealing how he did it, though the suspicion lingers to this day, on the 150th anniversary of his birth in Smiljan, Croatia on July 9/10, 1856, that he had somehow tapped into the earth's magnetic field or perhaps even more exotically, zero point energy or gravitation waves.

The Tesla shield is supposedly designed to protect us from electromagnetic radiation (radio waves).

He attended the University of Prague and worked as an electrical engineer in Germany, Hungary and France before emigrating to the United States in 1884. He got off the boat with 4 cents in his pocket and was working for Thomas Edison within a few months.

He did not get along with Edison. Their colossal egos collided. So he quit or was fired with Edison still owing him about $50,000 (depending on your political allegiances.) Just to piss off Edison he chose this time to debut his invention of alternating current. (which was vastly superior to Edisons Direct Current.) His writing suggest he had envisioned it a decade earlier. In 1885, George Westinghouse, bought patent rights to Tesla's system of alternating-current. Edison was peeved.

He developed in rapid succession the induction motor, new types of generators and transformers, a system of alternating-current power transmission, fluorescent lights, and a new type of steam turbine... (whew, busy dude) then about 1898 he suddenly became interested in radio.

He was obsessed with his idea of transmitting energy through the air. When his finances dried up, he continued his research pretending to be working on wireless communications. He lied to the most powerful financier in the world.
    On Long Island he began construction of a wireless broadcasting tower. The project was funded with $150,000 capital from financier J. P. Morgan. After a long time with no obvious success in communications Tesla admitted that his primary research was his free energy, and his "through the earth" transmission system. Morgan was furious. The project was abandoned when Morgan withdrew his financial support. He relocated to Colorado Springs, Colorado. Upon his arrival he told reporters that he was conducting experiments transmitting signals from Pikes Peak to Paris. He was developing a system for wireless telegraphy, telephony, and the transmission of power. He got his American citizen ship and I guess he started to relax, because this is when the real weirdness began to flow.

In the Colorado Springs lab, he "recorded" signals of what he concluded were extraterrestrial radio signals. His announcements and data were rejected by the scientific community without any investigation of the validity of his data. He noted measurements of repetitive signals from his receiver which are substantially different from the signals he had noted from storms and earth noise. Specifically, he later recalled, that the signals appeared in groups of clicks 1, 2, 3, and 4 clicks together. Tesla spent the latter part of his life trying to signal Mars.
    And why not, he'd been totally dicked over by the patent office. He'd patented several fudamental nuts& bolts in radio and the US Government wanted to avoid having to the pay royalties that were he claimed for their use. Edisons and his backers applies pressure on the state department to award many of these patents to Marconi. For the backers, it was about money. They'd been funding Marconi and Edison for years. For Edison was personal. He just hated Tesla.
    Later in life, Tesla announced to the media that he had developed a "Death-Ray" it was supposedly capable of destroying 2000 airplanes at a 250 mile distance. Although Tesla did allow photographs to be taken of a small-scale prototype in action, he withheld much of the information that would allow others to understand his design. Might have been real, might not (depending on your political allegiances.) but you can read about it . Tesla tried to sell his death ray to Great Britain for $3,000,000 and promised to make the British Isles invulnerable within three months. They didnt bite. Russia did, but he didnt deliver. Possibly becase he was becoming psychoticly paranoid and was convinced that the US government was making unsuccessful attempts to break into his hotel room.
    His death ray was not all sci-fi. His idea was to use a gigantic electrostatic generator run by one of his turbines to acccelerate tiny particles of mercury until they became a stream of super high-powered bullets of several million volts. Since they were accelerated in a vacuum, Tesla needed a way to spit them out of the accelerator sphere without letting air in.
    In the end, Marconi hit up the government for too much royalty cash during WWI. The patent office vindictively reinstated most of the patents to Tesla. Tesla was an american citizen. Marconi was not. So they waited until he died, so that it would be free. So in 1943, months after his death, Tesla patent number US645576 was reinstated's by the US Supreme Court, making the now deceased Tesla the official inventor of the radio.

O.K. if you have gotten this far then you must agree that financial backing and purchasers, such as Westinghouse and JP Morgan were very influential in Nicola Teslas life.

Imagine: Alternating current,electric motor,neon lights,remote control, and the radio. Plus many more. All from one mans mind. If he had financial backing for the "free energy" project, then perhaps his mind could have made it work.

If all a car needed to run was a small 24 inch box on the front seat who would suffer? Gas companies/stations, electrical companies, and that is just the tip of it and Tesla might have had one in operation. I am not saying it is possible but I am saying "Nicola Tesla" said it was possible, and the man was a genius probably centuries ahead of his time.

I highly recommend the following video to anyone who does not know much about the life and times of NICOLA TESLA.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1959451995748125186&q=nicola tesla&hl=en

He has proven many, many of his theories, he was quite an inspiration to any interested in science, and this video will leave you spellbound.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Great post.

I think we are really seeing/going to see a renaissance of Tesla, thanks to the net.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kwhilborn Banned Banned

He disagreed with some aspects of 20th century science including Einstein, and said that, "the present is theirs, but the future is mine".

It is amazing how one man could accomplish so much in one lifetime, and it makes you wonder about Thomas Edison as his enemy.

It would be a great Hollywood Drama, and it was fun to see Tesla portrayed in new release "The Prestige".

Also note In the final video "John Hutchison" now known for the "hutchison effect" (anti-grav research) is one of the experts on Tesla consulted. kind of interesting.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

a lot of teslas designs are used in SDI (star wars) strategic defense initiative put in place by reagan.

he is also responsible for HAARP.

8. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Yes. Those videos covered all of that, and the last one is fun to watch. Yes I forgot to mention Radar on his list of discoveries. I'll edit my first post to include that. Yes star wars "death ray".

9. Vega Banned Banned

In well informed circles, it is occasionally mentioned that Nikola Tesla, even in retirement, built an automobile propelled by gravity stressing energy.

10. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

If that means it ran down hills, I am not very interested, but if it ran up hills on "gravity power" I would like more details before believing.

11. Vega Banned Banned

According to Tesla the motor achieved a maximum of 1,800 rpm. He said it was fairly hot when operating, and therefore a cooling fan was required. For the rest, he said there was enough power in the converter to illuminate an entire house, besides running the car engine. The car was tested for a week, reaching a top speed of 90 miles per hour effortlessly. Its performance data were at least comparable to those of an automobile using gasoline. At a stop sign, a passerby remarked that there were no exhaust gases coming from the exhaust pipe.

12. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

Tesla is my idol... i have most of his writtings... WHICH I STUDY.

-MT

13. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

as far as i can tell no.... but he probubly inspired all the young scientists who latter worked on these projects.

alot of people like to suggest that tesla had anti-grav worked out...

and as was written above.. the suggestion that florescent tubes needed to be grounded to use energy transmitter throught the EARTH... is simply not accurate.

he used coils around the room... at high frequency... and as such.. could hold the bulbs anywhere... inside the coil.. without any wires at all.

he did however, pioneer ac, generating, and motor, and transmission systems as well as a slew of other things.

anyone who has real interest in tesla tech.. needs 5 books...
    his autobiography.
    the book about him by Cheney.
    his colorado spring notes.
    his book of patents.
    his lecture before the institute electrical engineers, london called..
    "Experiments with alternate currents of high potential and high frequency"

everything you could ever want to know about how to calculate and design and build Tesla coils... of any size.... ANY SIZE... is in his colorado spring notes.... ITS JUST NOT IN ORDER... IN THE BOOK.. ITS ALL MIXED UP.

he did develope a form of solar power, and i do believe i understand the operation of his death beam...

but scalar weapons... ive read the stuff... and it doesnt follows Teslas line.

Teslas line was always electrostatic... in fact i believe the secret to Tesla technology is simply that when we raise the inbalance between the magnetic and the electrostatic aspect of any given wave form, we cause and generate in reaction, effects which are wholly invisible and neglagable at low voltage high current wave forms......

his earth transmission system itself, was said to operate on the prinicple of standing electric waves.. where the magnetic component is negligable.. and the entire wave form is cosidered the diametrical opposite of a normal hertz wave.. as it is commonly known.

-MT

14. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

Tesla died eating crackers and milk....

because he got ripped off... and people were bought off.. by marconi.

and marconi's friends.

after his death... the court finally ruled in Tesla favor... and if Tesla was alive he would of been a millionaire...

but he was dead.

The greatest scientific mind in known history dies... in poverty, due to the lack of effort by attornys in an always corrupt legal system.

-MT

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

wasn't most of his writings either confiscated by the government or destroyed in the wyandorf fire?

16. Vega Banned Banned

The fire was an assassination attempt that failed to kill the intended victim. It certainly did not kill his dreams. But a part of Nikola Tesla died in the fire. It was the part, which was tied to the past.
    He lost everything of his past. Everything. The totality of his techno­logical achievements were burned into vapor. Books, priceless souvenirs, delicate equipment, patents, models, drawings, new pieces of apparatus. Ev­erything was burned.

17. Jeremyhfht Registered Senior Member

Free Energy is a concept that could have been established within 30 or 50 years of the beginning of Tesla's experiments. Perhaps 100 if people kept screwing it up.

Instead, we get greedy bastards that refuse to ever build something for the greater good of mankind. Nice to know, isn't it? we could have infinite things which are environment friendly, free, and nothing but beneficial to everything.

And yet...greed stops it. Thank you humans, you've re-established my want to see most of you eradicated. Argh!

P.S: Most of his writings were, in fact (or rather from what I've heard), confiscated by numerous governments. One of the more infamous being a "death ray" that super-accelerates a single particle, and destroys upwards of...I forget how many nuclear bombs...in damage. I know it was over ten.

This part does include Tesla's original experiments in that it was concerning itself with electromagnetic energy and other things. So it's not entirely out of Tesla's character.
    The irony is, Tesla gave only bits and pieces of the invention to every major government and basically said "if you can work together, then you can have it. Otherwise, fuck off."

Although I do believe this, in itself, is along the lines of fiction. It shouldn't be that difficult to make such an object that Tesla would think governments would even need to work together to build it.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  18. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

The "Philadelphia Experiment" is an urban legend/pseudoscience. Please leave such posts for the correct forum.

19. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Isn't it spelled Nikola Tesla? Where'd he get Nicola from???

20. Jeremyhfht Registered Senior Member

It's spelled either way.

21. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

:bugeye: Please explain.

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Scalar weapons technology is a myth.
    Free energy is a myth.
    A five-minute check on the internet, as I did a year ago the last time this subject came up, will show that NEARLY ALL of Tesla's papers (apparently some sheets are too badly decayed) are available in archive (for public viewing), after being held by the US government for approximately 6 months for checking due his slight involvement in government-sponsored projects.
    Sources? Hardly...

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

some would say solar energy is free

can you provide a link to these documents?