What did Jesus look like?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Medicine*Woman, May 7, 2007.

1. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: No one in history has ever described what Jesus looked like. There are no drawings or portraits of Jesus that were done during his day. Yet, Jesus is depicted all over the world with long light brown hair and blue eyes. Some have even described Jesus as having wooly hair like an Afro. When you think of Jesus, what image comes to your mind?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Charles Manson

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fishtail Registered Senior Member

A bare foot peasant, not much above the the locals, his only claim to fame was his opposition to Roman rule, in other words he was a later day activist
    who had the media captivated.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sandy Banned Banned

Jesus Christ is the most handsome, amazing-looking man you can possibly imagine. He is the ultimate: awe-inspiring, intense, gorgeous, stunning, magnificent, amazing, perfect.:worship:

No words can describe his majesty.:worship:

8. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Like any other fictional character - however you want him to look.

9. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

like lee evans

10. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Ever since seeing pics like this, for some reason this is what I picture JC looking like - at least generally. I mean, like someone who lived in the region he supposedly came from, not like Eric Clapton.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Hook nose, big head, beard and hair.

12. John99 Banned Banned

ah, that was beautiful Sandy.

13. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Could you please cite a reference for this description, or have you seen him yourself?

14. VitalOne Banned Banned

Well assuming Jesus was a historical, real character, he was from Palestine, so he probably had the physical characteristics of the people in that region...

15. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

From science and computers, a new face of Jesus

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/12/25/face.jesus/index.html

(CNN) -- The Jesus pictured on the cover of this month's Popular Mechanics has a broad peasant's face, dark olive skin, short curly hair and a prominent nose. He would have stood 5-foot-1-inch tall and weighed 110 pounds, if the magazine is to be believed.

This representation is quite different from the typical lithe, long-haired, light-skinned and delicate-featured depiction of the man Christians consider the son of God.

Israeli and British forensic anthropologists and computer programmers got together to create the face featured in the 1.2-million circulation magazine, which occasionally veers from its usual coverage of motors and tools to cover the merger of science and religion.

"What did Jesus look like?" the article asks. "An answer has emerged from an exciting new field of science: forensic anthropology."

The real Jesus.

16. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

No words can describe your idiocy.

17. Positron Agony: Not all pain is gain Registered Senior Member

While it was an unconstructive post, the one you refer to to, there is no reason to get nasty.

Personally, I couldnt care less what Jesus looked like. All anyone needs to know is what he did not what he looked like.

18. John99 Banned Banned

I guess you dont know that image\asdsumption was from years ago on the discovery channel, maybe PM 'borrowed' it

- of course the true image can be like what is often depicted...why couldnt it? dont say no one in the area looke like that because that is not true.

WOW they mede him look just like a cave man.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  19. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

This is the best picture,

You should get my drift.

20. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

well duh of course he is,
    he is how you would imagine him to be. you said so yourself here "you can possibly imagine."

and here is a picture of jesus especially for M*W

21. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Don't ever show that image to a white trash Jesus lover!

22. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I am familiar with this composite adaptation of what Jesus would probably have looked like. When I posted this thread, I wasn't thinking about this composite however.

I thought it would be interesting to learn different impressions of Jesus's physical appearance (of which I believe there could not be one). The part I find most interesting about this computer composite is that Jesus may have been 5'1"! I've always believed as we evolved, we've gotten bigger and taller. That would mean that Jesus would be shorter than me! Kinda awkward I would say.

Anyway, I look forward to more personal descriptions of people who believe Jesus lived.

23. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Thanks, geezer! I recognized him right away! I only wish other people did!