prove the Illuminati exist.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Jeremyhfht, May 6, 2007.

1. Jeremyhfht Registered Senior Member

It has come to my attention that in recent weeks following my arrival to this forum, there has been an increase of people claiming that the Illuminati are behind the numerous conspiracy theories they continue to cite.

Not only have these people failed to adequately prove their stance, they have also succeeded in annoying most of the members. when asked prove their stance, they normally provide evidence which is easily refuted. Also, once its refuted, they simply go on mindless tangents about how we are part of the "Illuminati", or they claim that our logic is flawed without proving their assertion.

Therefore I create this thread, and request those responsible to actually prove this Illuminati exists. If they are incapable of doing so, then I request they be removed from this forum, or remain under the condition that they stop posting such nonsense. as we have all heard quite enough.

If all parties agree, then will the admin/moderators kindly enforce the rules I provide below:

---RULES---

The rules are simple:

1. No soap-boxing

2. no logical fallacies. Logically fallicious posts will be removed.

3. No baseless posts. If you make a claim in your post, include evidence with it. Evidence will be sources, such as highly credible websites that include researched claims. If the website hasn't fully researched it's own claims, you will be requested to provide links that explains.

4. If what you said has been proven incorrect by an overwhelming mass of evidence, then you must acknowledge this, or provide further evidence for your own stance.

5. No double-edged statements. "This picture was edited" when it appears to be obvious data loss is an example. Unless you prove your stance with something other than circular logic, or a logical fallacy, don't mention it.

6. Proper grammar. This includes spaces, punctuation, and no profanity.

7. Respond in debate format. Quote sections you are rebuking, so that it's clear what specific sentence/paragraph you're referring to.

8. Absolutely no double-posting, that is what the edit button is for

9. Nothing goes off topic.

10. Just to be entirely certain the most common logical fallacy wont be used: Absolutely no ad-hominems.

11. If you fail to understand these rules, and refuse to look them up, then your posts will be deleted as they breach them. This is to ensure the debate goes along in an official fashion, with no stupidity involved.

12. Posting images is not allowed, only links to the images.

13. If any other threads concerning the Illuminati are made outside of this one, I request that a moderator lock and remove them. This will be closed to this thread until the situation is resolved, and it's proven either way. That way, we get the whole story, and the forum doesn't have to deal with such cluttered messes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

That's a little bit strange post. Illuminati would not be illuminati, if their identities and plans could be easily discovered (that's provided they exist). Illuminati stories is just a hunch/faith supported by lots of indirect facts. One thing for sure, "outsiders" will never come to power, you need to "belong" to rule the masses.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

WE ARE ALL JEWS. :booo:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

i claim the the illuminati exists for the following reasons:
    matt marr, duendy

proof:
    practically every post they've ever made.

8. Jeremyhfht Registered Senior Member

Retort: Practically every post everyone has made against them.

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

We do not exist - press handout from the Illuminati.

10. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Yeah but that's obviously disinformation, for example:

Scotch Knight??? Surely Scots/ Scottish Knight... unless they were ranked on their ability to imbibe alcohol.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Is Jeremy offering any kind of prize for this, by the way?

14. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Exactly. Every proof against their existence is, in fact, proof that they exist and are doing their job perfectly.

Similarly one can prove that any group, e.g. Uruguayans, are liars. If they deny it, obviously they are lying

Unless you require falsifiability in your proofs.

15. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Adam Weishaupt.

Nice.....

16. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Oh, I prefer this one:
    Now where's my effing prize money?

17. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

That doesn't count. Weishaupt's Illuminati died out a long time ago. Or went underground, of course.

We want proof that they exist now and are active...

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

19. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I've proved that they were formed. Proving that they died out where no evidence for this exists (in fact, all the evidence is to the contrary)... isn't really my job. Someone else prove that they died out or give me my effing money.

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

From the Everything2 link you posted...

You really thought you were going to get money Red? Not on your life.

21. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Give him the money!

23. Jeremyhfht Registered Senior Member

Hahaha, since absolutely nobody took this seriously, and since the illuminati-believers haven't even joined, then no there isn't.