05-05-07, 06:35 PM #1
prove the Illuminati exist.
It has come to my attention that in recent weeks following my arrival to this forum, there has been an increase of people claiming that the Illuminati are behind the numerous conspiracy theories they continue to cite.
Not only have these people failed to adequately prove their stance, they have also succeeded in annoying most of the members. when asked prove their stance, they normally provide evidence which is easily refuted. Also, once its refuted, they simply go on mindless tangents about how we are part of the "Illuminati", or they claim that our logic is flawed without proving their assertion.
Therefore I create this thread, and request those responsible to actually prove this Illuminati exists. If they are incapable of doing so, then I request they be removed from this forum, or remain under the condition that they stop posting such nonsense. as we have all heard quite enough.
If all parties agree, then will the admin/moderators kindly enforce the rules I provide below:
The rules are simple:
1. No soap-boxing
2. no logical fallacies. Logically fallicious posts will be removed.
3. No baseless posts. If you make a claim in your post, include evidence with it. Evidence will be sources, such as highly credible websites that include researched claims. If the website hasn't fully researched it's own claims, you will be requested to provide links that explains.
4. If what you said has been proven incorrect by an overwhelming mass of evidence, then you must acknowledge this, or provide further evidence for your own stance.
5. No double-edged statements. "This picture was edited" when it appears to be obvious data loss is an example. Unless you prove your stance with something other than circular logic, or a logical fallacy, don't mention it.
6. Proper grammar. This includes spaces, punctuation, and no profanity.
7. Respond in debate format. Quote sections you are rebuking, so that it's clear what specific sentence/paragraph you're referring to.
8. Absolutely no double-posting, that is what the edit button is for
9. Nothing goes off topic.
10. Just to be entirely certain the most common logical fallacy wont be used: Absolutely no ad-hominems.
11. If you fail to understand these rules, and refuse to look them up, then your posts will be deleted as they breach them. This is to ensure the debate goes along in an official fashion, with no stupidity involved.
12. Posting images is not allowed, only links to the images.
13. If any other threads concerning the Illuminati are made outside of this one, I request that a moderator lock and remove them. This will be closed to this thread until the situation is resolved, and it's proven either way. That way, we get the whole story, and the forum doesn't have to deal with such cluttered messes.
05-05-07, 06:47 PM #2
That's a little bit strange post. Illuminati would not be illuminati, if their identities and plans could be easily discovered (that's provided they exist). Illuminati stories is just a hunch/faith supported by lots of indirect facts. One thing for sure, "outsiders" will never come to power, you need to "belong" to rule the masses.
05-05-07, 07:43 PM #3
05-05-07, 08:05 PM #4
05-05-07, 09:50 PM #5
05-06-07, 07:37 AM #6
05-06-07, 07:53 AM #7
05-06-07, 08:04 AM #8
Yeah but that's obviously disinformation, for example:
Illuminatus Dirigens (Scotch Knight)
Illuminatus Major (Scotch Novice)
05-06-07, 08:12 AM #9
05-06-07, 08:13 AM #10
05-06-07, 10:23 AM #11
Similarly one can prove that any group, e.g. Uruguayans, are liars. If they deny it, obviously they are lying
Unless you require falsifiability in your proofs.
05-06-07, 10:26 AM #12Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe?
05-06-07, 10:31 AM #13
Oh, I prefer this one:
I am proud to be known to the world as the founder of the Illuminati. - Adam Weishaupt.
05-06-07, 10:36 AM #14
That doesn't count. Weishaupt's Illuminati died out a long time ago. Or went underground, of course.
We want proof that they exist now and are active...
05-06-07, 10:38 AM #15
05-06-07, 10:39 AM #16
I've proved that they were formed. Proving that they died out where no evidence for this exists (in fact, all the evidence is to the contrary)... isn't really my job. Someone else prove that they died out or give me my effing money.
05-06-07, 10:43 AM #17
From the Everything2 link you posted...
The first project of the Bavarian Illuminati was to overthrow the Hapsburg Dynasty, unfortunately by this time they had been infiltrated by Jesuit agents who blew the operation. Shortly after the Bavarian State banned the group and it broke up in 1785.
Legend has it the group survived, but there is no hard evidence of this.
05-06-07, 10:45 AM #18Legend has it the group survived, but there is no hard evidence of this.
05-06-07, 10:49 AM #19
05-06-07, 02:09 PM #20