Heebee Jeebies in certain Houses?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by madanthonywayne, Apr 27, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

When my wife and I were looking at houses, we had a strange experience on a couple of occasions. We'd look at a house, usually a cool house that we both liked. Usually an old house. And although we both liked the house, afterward one of us would say we'd had a wierd feeling in the house. Kind of a sense of fear, of unrest.

This happened at least twice that I can recall, and in both cases we didn't know that the other person had the same feeling until afterwards.

It was wierd, especially the first time. I knew this was a house that my wife would like. So afterwards, I sheepishly said that although I also liked a lot about the house, I just had a wierd feeling while I was there. My wife immediately said, "So did I! I just didn't want to say anything."

We didn't buy the house or the other place that gave us the same feeling. Has anyone else had a similiar experience?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Maybe you both just associate certain types of houses with scary stories, horror movies or the like that you have both seen.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Anything's possible, but the two houses were quite different. One was a really old house that might look like a haunted house, the other was much more modern yet gave the same feeling. Also, we saw many other houses similiar to both of the houses in question (they were, after all, houses we liked) and experienced no such feeling.

I'm not saying the houses were haunted necesarily (that's my wife's theory). It could be something like some species of mold whose spores caused the wierd feeling. Or something psychological as you suggest.

Really, I just wondered if anyone else has ever experienced that same feeling in a similiar situation.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

Really, I just wondered if anyone else has ever experienced that same feeling in a similiar situation.

Yes, and then some.

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Care to elaborate?

9. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

It was probably just the eerie background music.

10. vslayer Registered Senior Member

yep. paranormal phenomena has been linked to effects on the brain caused by inaudible low frequency noise(it was eiter 20hz or 7hz, i read something on experimentation with sound)

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Well, whether it was low frequency noise, ghosts or whatever; I sure wasn't buying the place.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  12. mountainhare Banned Banned

madan:
    Maybe you and your wife are just liberal pussies?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!