Lieberman on Pork Barrel/Surrender Bill

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Apr 27, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Independent Senator Joe Lieberman gave a good speech regarding the recent war appropriations bill passed by the Democrats.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Genji Registered Senior Member

Lieberman is Bush Lite. He's dead in the water in opinion polls from both parties so I won't read his nutty manifesto.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Why are we still listening to the crapola slingers who have so clearly demonstrated their poor judgment and mistaken views of reality over the past five years of this war?

Joe Lieberman has been consistently and flagrantly wrong about Iraq from a year before day one.

There are people who have demonstrated insight and understanding on the subject of this war, through sound predictions and enlightening analyses. We should listen to them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

8. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Genji, Ice Aura, you are not getting the point. Lieberman is stating facts. the Democratic congress is trying to take a step backwards. Not only that but willfully trying to hinder out military response. I mean come one, Bush finally listened and revised his plan and we are seeing some progress, albeit at a cost, and now Concress is basically saying "Well you had your surge it didn;t work over night so it isn't going to work." The willfully ignore the fact that every succussful counterinsurgency operation has taken an average of nine years.

9. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Thats a fantasy.

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Alright, since you make that claim prove it. I mean even the newcasters are noticing improvements in Baghdad including the reopening of an amusement park among other things.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

12. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Yeah, there was progress. More troops are dying since the surge. Also the military doesn't count people blown up by IEDs into the casualty figure to brighten stats...

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Are they deaf dumb and blind?

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Syzygys,

And you can prove this? so can I the tempo of operations have gone up, there are more troops in country, and there are more contacts taking place, what the hell do you think is going to happen if you go after the enemy? the tempo of the fighting has increased, guess what, the death toll for the terrorist has gone up to, we are killing more of them to.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  15. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Can you prove this?

Because I can mine:

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwas...53.htm?source=rss&channel=krwashington_nation

"U.S. officials who say there has been a dramatic drop in sectarian violence in Iraq since President Bush began sending more American troops into Baghdad aren't counting one of the main killers of Iraqi civilians.
    Car bombs and other explosive devices have killed thousands of Iraqis in the past three years, but the administration doesn't include them in the casualty counts it has been citing as evidence that the surge of additional U.S. forces is beginning to defuse tensions between Shiite and Sunni Muslims."

16. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

The death toll is going up. Whether or not they are terrorists is anyones guess.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Ha! The Cons consider funding for veteran care to be "pork". These scum cannot lose power soon enough.

18. Genji Registered Senior Member

Public opinion is no longer with you guys. You had 7 years and you blew it.

19. Genji Registered Senior Member

I hear one can even take a STROLL through Baghdad and enjoy the Spring air!:crazy:

20. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Independent senator Joe Lieberman is an orthodox Jew. Need I say more? He's going to fight war on terror to the last American soldier.

BTW, are you enlisting? Those soldiers could use your medical help.

21. Genji Registered Senior Member

Armchair warriors are too chickenshit to suit up and back up their patriotic hot air and enlist. They want OTHER people and THEIR kids to fight their wars on the world. Easy to type pro war bs but another thing entirely to dive into the bloodbath.

22. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Genji,
    Must you resort to tired cliches and name calling? So no one who is not actually in the military may be in favor of military action? Is that what you're saying?

Should the president call for all able bodied men to enlist, I'll be there. Otherwise, I have a wife and four kids to support and I'm way out of shape.

How many people do you actually know who are serving in Iraq or Afganistan? I know several. Many of my seventeen year old son's friends are serving right now. Who knows, he may decide to enlist. Although I'm pretty sure his plans are to go to college.

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Genji

I served my country? Did you?, all it would have taken was keeping your mouth shut for two or three years, depending on how long you enlisted for, or as I suspect your all mouth and no go, using your homosexuality to keep from serving.