The seven heads of Revelation

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Medicine*Woman, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I just made a discovery, although I was not the first to discover this, I just realized that the seven heads in Revelation refer to six planets and the sun which have been visible since ancient times! I won't elaborate here, because I haven't had the time to research and confirm this, but if any of you have questions or comments, let me know. Then I can go back and research specific questions. I especially encourage those of you who are most familiar with Revelation to ask me some questions. Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

You had a Revelation about Revelation?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Why would this me referring to that?
    What would it possibly mean?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: In follow-up to my original post, I shall add the following:

Christ (the sun) is depicted holding seven stars (planets). In the first chapter of Revelation (1:16) Christ (the sun) is described holding seven stars (planets) in his right hand and a sword (comet) proceeds out of his mouth. Josephus states, "There was a star resembling a sword, which stood over the city (Jerusalem), and a comet, that continued a whole year" (Wars of the Jews, Book VI, Chapter V.3). Josephus could be referring to Halley's comet that appeared in 66 AD which looked like it was coming out the mouth of the constellation Orion, Hercules, or Bootes from Jerusalem. A comet was an ominous sign warning of danger in the ancient world. The seven candlesticks (planets reflecting light that are visible) in ancient times (5 visible planets (heads) plus the sun (god) and the moon) or 6 visible planets (heads) and the sun (god). Stars were believed to be angels and divine (Philo of Alexandria On the Giants ii, 6-8). As Christ (the Sun) rises up from darkness (death) from 'beneath the world,' (as in up from where the ancients thought hell was), it symbolizes Christ’s resurrection (sunruse) from the dead (nighttime/darkness), while thunder was seen as the voice of god.

Back-tracking a bit, I've always asked the question, "What language did god speak to A&E in the GoE when he allegedly spoke to them?" My theory now is that the voice of god was actually thunder. Thunder to the ancients caused them to fear; therefore, they 'feared god.' Yet, it is nothing but a myth!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Yes, if you want to put it that way, I had a revelation about Revelation! It could either mean that I am:

1) psychic;
    2) wildly imaginative;
    3) into fantasy/sci-fi;
    4) doing 'shrooms;
    5) full of shit;
    6) doing all of the above.

8. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

the only thing i can say is this:
    using josephus for this theory, you cannot be intellectually honest.

9. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I posted a bibliography for mikenostic. Perhaps you should go back and refer to those scholarly references.

Those peer-revered scholars can't all be dishonest.