I would you see it?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Vega, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Vega Banned Banned

How would you see it? (2)

I reproduce Ezekiel’s famous words for the benefit of those who are not familiar with them:

Now it occurred in my thirtieth year, in the fourth month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.
    And I looked, and behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire flashed, causing a brightness about it, and out of the midst of it gleamed something like a pale yellow metal.
    Also out of the midst of it appeared four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had the likeness of men.
    And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was shaped like the sole of a calf s foot; and they sparkled like burnished brass.
    And they had human hands under their four-sided wings. Their wings were joined together; and they did not turn when they went, they all went straightforward.
    As for the appearance of their faces, they had the face of a man, and the face of a lion on the right side: and they had the face of an ox on the left side: they also had the face of an eagle.
    In amongst the living creatures glowed something like coals of fire or lamps, which moved up and down between the creatures: and the fire was bright, and from out of the fire flashed lightning.
    And the living creatures ran and returned by flashes of lightning.
    Now as I looked upon the living creatures, I saw four wheels upon the ground, one by each of the living creatures, with their four faces.
    The appearance of the wheels and their composition was like the color of shiny amber: and all four wheels had one likeness: and their appearance and their composition was like a wheel in the middle of a wheel.
    And when the living creatures went, the wheels went with them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
    And the appearance of the sky upon the heads of the living creature was reflected as the color of the terrible crystal stretched over their heads above.
    And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, like the din of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.
    And there was a voice from the crystal covering that was over their heads when they stood and had let down their wings.

EZEKIEL 1:1-25

Okay how would you describe the above encounter in mordern logic?
    Lets go bible fans...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

"Ouch. My head hurts. What in the name of all things Holy was I drinking last night? I seem to remember sitting in the woods eating this really weird-looking purple flower.."

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

these days all that is left of original text of Bible, is the name "Bible" itself. Eizekel wrote this? I dont just doubt this. I deny this has anything to do with reality.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

A close encounter of the U.F.O kind, while on drugs, perhaps? It must mean something really, really, deep and profound!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What do you think it means, Vega?

Jeremiah 8:7-8
    7 Even the stork in the sky knows her appointed seasons, and the dove, the swift and the thrush observe the time of their migration. But my people do not know the requirements of the LORD. 8 " 'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

The original scripture copyists were called scribes. Jeremiah taught that they used a lying pen and copied the scriptures falsely, so much so in fact, that they thought they had the Law of God when in fact they did not. Perhaps this explains a few things about why the Bible is such an unreliable source of truth on so many levels.

But if you further consider that Jeremiah was a prophet, then perhaps this was also a prophecy of what would happen to the entire Bible in the future as well. Prophecies often have dual applications, after all! This would, perhaps, make him the greatest prophet that has ever lived. But then again, this would also mean that we can't trust anything that Jeremiah says either. So if we just take the opposite of everything he says to be the truth then maybe it will all make sense some how!

I wonder if this even ties into how Jesus treated the scribes and Pharisees? He always seemed to be upset with them for some reason! Perhaps this is why! Hmmm...

Just Wondering?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  8. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Did 'shrooms grow in the desert back then? What about peyote?

9. grover Registered Senior Member

Translation: You could see the sky and the being operating the vehicle reflected in glass of the cockpit.

translation; their engines roared during liftoff
    no translation required
    They sent a message over loudspeakers from the cockpit.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    No one in their right mind can deny that Ezekiel was clearly describing some kind of technological flying vehicle.

10. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: You're right on target!

12. grover Registered Senior Member

OK, Med Wom,
    If this is a text with a hidden astrological meaning what exactly is it saying once you have decoded it? What is the hiddden message?

13. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: There is no hidden message at all. The message is obvious and clear. The bible is the story of the imaginary sky beings (planets, stars, constellations, comets, etc.), and how they were formed into men and creatures (complete with personalities and certain jobs to do). They were created from the imaginations of the ancient nomads who traveled in the cool of the night and rested by day in the heat. The god myth became a personification of the all-powerful creator sun (son-of-god). The sun rose in the morning, and this was seen as good or heaven. When evening came, and darkness fell upon the deep, this was a time of evil since god (the sun) had died (but only for the night) until he rose again in the morning.

There is no hidden message except for those who interpret the bible according to their specific relgions. That's where the message is hidden and must be believed by faith alone.

14. grover Registered Senior Member

Well, then what is the Ezekiel passage saying. I see how one can read astrology into it, but what is it saying after one has read astrology into it?

Also, what is the etymology of Sun and son? Are these still homonyms in the original languages.

15. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Why isn't this anything other than an imaginative fantasy?