Question about the ethics of Islam...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by PorkyJoe, Apr 17, 2007.

1. PorkyJoe Registered Member

Ok, I have a dilemma trying to understand the ethical values of Islam...
    Here's a Scenario I can't get my head round, can anyone help....

Allah comes to you in a dream and says to you, that I am going to punish you whether you like it or not... You have two options, you must choose one or Allah says he will give you the 3rd option...

Option #1 -

You live on a desert island inhabited with only Lesbians and Gays, and the only food available to eat is pork. There is no access to clean water, and you have to make your clothing and living area out of pigs bones and skin. You will live on this Island for eternity...

Option #2 -

You must live as a gay/lesbian regardless of your preference, and must have 100 gay/lesbian wives/husbands, which you must sexually satisfy every day for eternity, the only food available to you is Pigs, and you must use Pigs Skin and bones for your clothing and accomodation..

Option #3 -

Hell.. For eterntiy.. the deepest darkest, most painfull depths, you will be punished every single day for eternity..

What would be the ethical choice is forced....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Option #1 is the clear winner. If God ordains I eat pork, then spareibs slowly BBQ'ed over a hardwood fire is the price I'd pay. You could try and convert a lesbian, and boiling water to distill, while a chore, beats being the bitch in option #2. Frankly, I don't see what option #2 has going for it at all. Option #3 might be appealing, since God doesn't make you contradict your programming, but it's not what Islam is about. There better be a heaven at the end, that's the deal. Perhaps the smartest thing is to take option #3, and interpret it as a test from God. The winner likely gets a great prize, their own suite in heaven filled with hot virgins and pork rinds. Surely, nothing in heaven could be unclean, not even the pork.

I bet option #2 is secretly, Muslim heaven.

One other option is to discount the scenario entirely, since it could just be a dream.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Very well thought out!

I'm agreeing with spidergoat, I love BBQ pork and maybe the lesbians will let me watch? Plus it is eternity I'm sure many would want to give it a go eventually....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Ahhh beach life, perhaps you could eventually use all those pig bones to build a larger island and by recovering enough of the pig material (like Iron and other minerals) maybe even eventually make a city just as we have now! With PCs and PS3

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

... eternity is a long time after all.....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. LiveInFaith Registered Senior Member

I don't think this is dilemma.
    It is very clear actually, had you learnt Islam a bit more.

You live and you have to survive.
    You can eat pigs had there no other food. You eat pigs to survive.
    That simple. It is allowed.

8. LiveInFaith Registered Senior Member

Michael,
    many parts of Islam is not about the material itself (like for instance in this case pigs), but it's how to obey order, and how one control their own desires.

There is no reason why Qur'an prohibit eating pigs. So that's it.
    Either you could hold your desire or not (of the passion of eating them).

This is more about self-control.