The BIBLE as ancient MYTHOLOGY not LITERAL

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by buddhahead, Apr 16, 2007.

1. buddhahead Registered Member

Hi, I have been studying the Bible for over 25 years, as well as Greek and Egyptian Mythology.

At some point it became clear that the Bible was a carryover of Greek and Egyptian mythology.

Then I found all the verses to prove it.

Here are some listed below, what do you think?

THE BIBLE AS SYMBOL

Our first order of business in this quest is to see if we can justify considering the Bible as symbolic rather then literal. We must use the Bible itself.

1.2Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. So here is the Bible itself telling us not to take it literally.

2. Galatians 4:24 Which things are an allegory: the definition of a myth includes the term allegory. Here again the Bible tells us it is symbolic.

3. Matthew 13:34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them: The Bible is saying that all of Jesus statements were symbolic.

4. Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

5. Psalm 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old: Here the Bible states that GOD speaks in parables . And what are dark sayings of old. Obviously they are symbolic statements.

6. In the Book of Proverbs describes wisdom. It explains how one becomes wise. Proverbs 1:6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. Dark sayings is mythology

7. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 2 cor.4:3

8. But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 2 cor. 3:14

9. We should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter." (Romans 7:6)

10. Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! they say of me, Doth he not speak in parables? EZ:20 Here God speaks in parables

11. 1Cr 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory. Here it says god ordained the hidden wisdom, even before the world

12. Eze. 17:2 Son of man, put forth a riddle, and speak a parable unto the house of Israel. God orders riddles

13. Jdg.14:19 And the Spirit of the LORD came upon him, and he went down to Ashkelon, and slew thirty men of them, and took their spoil, and gave change of garments unto them which expounded the riddle.

And his anger was kindled, and he went up to his father's house. Here it says god was pleased when they cracked the riddle, and rewarded them.

14. Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of GOD to conceal a thing: but honor of kings is to search out a matter. And here its Gods honor to conceal things, and make you figure it out.

15. 2Cor.4:3,4 "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

16. Isaiah 9,10 And he said, Go and tell this people, hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes

17. Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints.

18. JOB 27:11 I will teach you by the hand of God: that which is with the Almighty will I not conceal.

19. MAT 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

20. psalm 89 might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world."

21. Proverbs 1:6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

22. 1 cor 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

23. IS. 48:6 Thou hast heard, see all this; and will not ye declare it? I have shewed thee new things from this time, even hidden things, and thou didst not know them.

24. Eziekel 3:5 For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech and of an hard language, but to the house of Israel;

25. exodus 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

26. exodus 4:12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

27. "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God." (Jesus Christ - The Holy Bible: Matthew 22:29)

28. Hebrews 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Here God is saying that his word is like milk to you, as a babe must drink milk before it can eat solid food. God is saying his word is for the the one who is ready for meat, in other words, when one is ready for the deeper meaning, this is the meat, for the one full of age (wisdom). Reading Gods word literally is MILK, it is for the unskillful, and they will not understand.

Here the fact that this is all consciousness is made clear. It says to know the mystery of the Kingdom of God. Where is the Kingdom of God ? . (Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.) The statement concludes by saying that "unto them that are without". Outside of the meditative state. Outside of the inner realm of consciousness where exists the Kingdom of God..

Here we see that God speaks in mysteries, riddles and parables, He puts riddles in peoples mouths, he shuts their eyes and ears, he sends strange and hard speeches, he sends dark sayings, and that is Gods glory that he conceal a thing, he imparts secret wisdom and make you and I search it. His word is as milk to the unskillful, without age (reason).

Theres no doubt that the bible is showing you that, you can't read it at face value, you have to look for the deeper meaning, the secret widom, the dark sayings, the hidden and so forth.

The problem with Christianity as a whole, including all the pastors and tv evangelist pay no attention to these verses and read and teach the bible literally, which is an abomination unto god.

His word is mysterious and wants you to search it out, the truth is not given to the vain, to the once a week Jesus mercenary.

There's no doubt is there, about what is being said here, the Bible was written in a certain metaphorical, symbolic language of old, which is mythology.

Parables, dark sayings, allegory, mysteries, veils, milk. etc etc.

Then what does it all mean?

BH

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. buddhahead Registered Member

The fact is that we humans love riddles and mysteries, these are the spices of life, and the bible says we are created in the likeness and image of God, do we possess any quality that god does not? does a drop of sea water have all of the qualities of the vast ocean? Yet its not the ocean, its a smaller part, a farthing, yet it contains all of the qualities of the larger.

We love to crack those hard nuts, because then we say AH! I get it, and when YOU get it, it becomes etched in the stone of your mind! Because now you have seen the hand with no arm writing on the wall in the book of Daniel, or should I say, youve seen the writing on the wall.

The disembodied hand that wrote on the wall: "You've been weighed in the balances and found wanting" (You had your chance but you blew it..) is from the 5th chapter of Daniel. Could anyone doubt that this is the figure of "seeing the handwriting on the wall"?

When we see the leaves coming on the trees in the springtime, we know that summer will soon be along; and to see the handwriting on the wall is to recognize from specific occurrences that other events will surely follow.

A king is a ruler because that's a foot long, and a foot goes into a shoe, which is what you do to a fly, and when you fly you're up in the air, and an heir is one who has a fortune, and with one of those you can charge all you like, and a since a king is the one who's in charge; that's why a king is a ruler! This is foolish and cockeyed logic for sure! But dont forget to watch your Ps and Qs.

To say that someone is 'strong as an ox', or 'faster than greased lightning', or 'slower than molasses in January', isn't meant to be taken literally; nor is it said with the intent to deceive. Its all about style, and God has plenty of it.

"The foolishness of God is wiser than men", and "God chose the foolish things of the world to confound the wise", 1Cor1:25.

And in Genesis we find God speaking in the Wisdom of the ages, Dark Sayings.

49:11 Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes: Authors interpretation:

The vine is God, the foal is you, the ass's colt is the lower stubborn mind, but we recieved new wine (knowledge) and his clothes (new knlwledge came from the BLOOD of grapes, grapes are of god, as is Blood, representing the descent of spirit.

He became a new person The mind is always the wine press, the grapes are the higher thoughts from above. The blood of them represents the spiritual life force of God.

49:12 His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk. He shall see with new eyes from the spirit of God.

49:14 Issachar is a strong ass couching down between two burdens: These are the stubborn brutish thoughts, between the two burdens (left and right brain) in the recesses of the mind. I feel like an ass, laden with the burdens of life, as a giant granite boulder in my brain, heavy as an ships anchor being hoisted up to leave port.

Then a steam line ruptures and the anchor windlass ceases to move, oh when can we get this steam line repaired, so we can get underway again?

49:16 Dan (scorpio) shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel. Is- ra -el the renewed consciousness will be under the influence of the zodiac (mazzoroth) forever.

49:17 Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward. If one is resonating with the higher forces (dan) the stubborn animal nature in you will be controlled

49:18 I have waited for thy salvation, O LORD. Self explanitory

this is the hidden meaning "their minds are blinded"it is as if a veil covers the Old Testament when they read (1 Corinthians 3:13-16). When Jesus disciples failed to see that hidden meaning in the Old Testament, He called them "fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken" (Luke 24:25).

Of those Paul wrote that the whole Old Testament tells of Christ, but with those who do not see who were not ready to understand the hidden meanings in His parables, Jesus said, "This people's heart has grown dull, and their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed."

(Matthew 13:15) But when His disciples were ready to understand the deeper meaning, Jesus said, "Blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear." (Matthew 13:16)

The Living Bible describes itself as a paraphrase, and other Bibles are termed 'versions', but all of them tell the same familiar stories of Noah, David, Daniel, etc., and if yours doesn't, you've gotten hold of a fly in the ointment. Ecc10:1.

Maybe there's a squirrel in the woodpile. If the verses quoted herein don't say pretty much the same thing in your own Bible, there's something rotten in Denmark and you ought to look into it, because Victor Borge, with his rapier wit, isn't the only one who delights in WORD-games.

samples as to how to read the Bible.

Samples of how to read the Bible

1. "...thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;"
    Psalms 30:11
    Sackcloth represents the poor. In this case the spirit is poor. The person is down. God has provided a new spirit and the depression is lifted.

2. "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of
    donkeys, an whose emission was like that of horses." Ezekiel 23:20

"She" is the mind. The mind lusts after the lower physical things. The genitals represent life, creation, origins. The geneitals of the lower are brutish and stubborn (donkey).

They are the kinds of thoughts that will not follow the higher. They stay where they are. The emission means the seed that enters "her". Its life is brutish and stubborn but its origin is the horse which is the carrier to heaven. The horse is always used to transport the Gods to heaven, like Pegasus.

The heaven however is the mind that is controlled by the stubborn brutish nature. The combination of the two is a person who is very stubborn and brutish but takes charge and directs things from the lower or physicl nature.

3. "Fair Babylon, you destroyer happy those who pay you back the evil
    you have done us! Happy is he who siezes your babies and dashes them
    against the rocks." Psalm 137:8-9

Babylon is the lower mind which is filled with attraction to the physical. It is not spiritual at all. To seize the minds babies is to cut off the new thoughts. The ideas and concepts that are born out of the lower mind are considered babies and to dash them against the rocks is to destroy the misguided new thoughts and concepts through the spirit which is steady. The Bible refers to it as the rock of salvation and the old song is called Rock of Ages.

4. "And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, Behold, Esau my brother is a
    hairy man, and I am a smooth man:" Gen 27:11

Hair that grows out of the body can mean either the Spirit or the physical senses which must be cut away. It depends on the sect. Some cut their hair such as Buddhists because to them hair symbolizes thoughts from the lower mind. Others let their hair grow (Islam) because it represents spirit. Here Esau who is the culprit in the story has hair which means lower thoughts while Jacob is of the spirit without lower thoughts growing from him.

5. "Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts
    satisfy thee at all times" Proverbs 5:19

Her means the higher spirit. The inner light. Hind and Roe are deer which are symbols of a closeness to nature and a leaping toward the higher nature. The breasts provide milk which is spiritual food. Understanding , enlightenment. Thus the proverb says to allow the mind to commune with nature reaching up to the higher and feed on the milk or understanding that comes forth from the new mind. Interpreted by bill Donahue of hidden meanings

Can you interpret these verses?

7 "And you shall eat it as barley cakes; and bake it using fuel of
    human waste in their sight."Ezekiel 4:12

8. "I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was
    sweet to my taste." Solomon 2:3

9. "My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels
    were moved for him." Solomon 5:4

10. "You will set fire to their fortified places, kill their young men
    with the sword, dash their little children to the ground, and rip open
    their pregnant women." 2 Kings 8:12

11. "and you shall have a stick with your weapons; and when you sit down
    outside, you shall dig a hole with it, and turn back and cover up your
    excrement. Because the LORD your God walks in the midst of your camp, to
    save you and to give up your enemies before you, therefore your camp
    must be holy, that he may not see anything indecent among you, and turn
    away from you." Deut. 23:13-14

12. "I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. lev 26:16

Hard huh ! Its all symbols, dark sayings and allegory, the verses and stories in the bible are like hard nuts, that have cracked many a tooth, for the true seeker of truth.

We read other strange stories in our Bible, such as the following. The Lord told Moses to force Pharaoh by plagues to free the Israelites from bondage and captivity; but after each plague He hardened Pharaoh's heart. Samson was overcome, not by the ropes and willow branches which bound him but by having his hair cut off and being bound with that.

The walls of Jericho were brought down by shouts and trumpeting. A fig tree was cursed and withered by the Lord of Love for not bearing fruit early in the spring before the Passover

. All of these stories and many others are quoted when criticisms are directed against the Christian Scriptures and, unless one possesses the keys of interpretation, one must remain silent, unable to defend even one's own Bible.

It is that the Bible like other World Scriptures is written in a particular metaphorical language full of imagery and symbolism.

This very ancient language was designed to reveal deep truths, to convey metaphysical ideas, to describe supersensory states of consciousness and the spiritual experiences of exalted men and women.

The authors who wrote in this allegorical manner wanted to reveal these deeply hidden mysterious truths and to describe interior mystical experiences.

They used actual historical personages and actual geographical places to weave a representation of eternal truths. All earth myths used actual geographical plces and personages to weave theier myths around, the Bible is no different in this regard.

In the Jason and argo myth, Jason landed in georgia on the black sea, but its a myth, and everyone knows that, But you see the usage of actual geographical locations. Such is the nature of all myths.

In fact, not one single person portrayed in the Bible ever existed, including Jesus. Jesus is a picture of the sun, among a long list of past sun gods.

All of the personages and places in the Bible relate to the physical body, the emotional body and the intellectual mind. As with all myths the river jordan the land of egypt etc, have their true meaning in the human psyche.

And what did the fictitous biblical character Paul say ?

Paul said, go beyond the literal meaning of the Old Testament. He asks us to obey the spirit of the law, not the letter. "He is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, and not in the letter."

(Romans 2:29) "We should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter." (Romans 7:6) "The letter kills, but the spirit gives life." (2 Corinthians 3:6) Note: In all these cases the word letter means literal

Is there a real heaven and a real hell?

Remeber the Bible says dont be a minister of the LETTER (literal), but of the SPIRIT

And consider Proverbs 15:24 A word to the wise above (using your head) you can depart from Hell beneath, (being ruled by your lower nature).

You see Heaven and Hell are states of consciousness only and not literal, so relax.

Religion and Evangilists want you to believe its real so they can control you, so you will need them. And give them MONEY.

"One does not have to die in order to go to hell, any more than one has to die to get to heaven.

Both are states of mind and conditions, which people experience as a direct outworking of their thoughts, beliefs, words, and acts. If one's mental processes are out of harmony with the law of man's [sic] being, they result in trouble and sorrow; mental as well as bodily anguish overtakes one, and this is hell".

The lowest rung on the latter descending into Hell, is reserved for those who believe they will go to Hell, if they dont believe in Hell.

The Bible is a mind book, dealing with three states of consciousness, as one caught up to the" Third Heaven".

bh

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

never mind

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.