Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Democracy vs. well being

  1. #1
    As a mother, I am telling you Syzygys's Avatar
    Posts
    12,628

    Democracy vs. well being

    If people were given the choice between democracy or a good economy under a dictator, what would they choose?

    I say, talk about democracy is good, but butter on the bread is better, thus people say screw democracy, we want to live!

    Consider this from Bloomberg:

    "Since Putin came to power at the start of 2000, the former KGB officer has squeezed most opposition parties out of parliament, put national television and major newspapers under state control and ended direct elections of regional governors. Putin also is Russia's most popular politician, after overseeing an economic boom that has more than doubled the average wage.?

    Thus although Putin is clearly not in favour of true democracy, Russians love him for fixing the economy...

  2. #2
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    1,887
    I doubt many Russians love Putin. But otherwise I am sure you are right about human nature. And the truth is if I had kids I would put up with a dictator if he came to power and finally got me enough food to feed my children. Right then I would start working towards having a democracy.

  3. #3
    economic progress is pointless without wellbeing. And economic progress does not equal wellbeing. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't.

  4. #4
    You can have both. Use your scientific and religious sides of your brain and understand that you can have both. All you need is some organizational skills in understanding what there needs to be established to have both.

  5. #5
    if anyone hasn't figured out yet, religion is a political system using 'god' as a figurehead.

    We don't need religion, a society only needs sane laws and a democratic system to keep eachother from destroying eachother based on religious affiliation.

    Actually, institutionalized religion should be outlawed. Just as I can't hold communist rallies in america. Incidentally religion has a few communistic characteristics.

    Since their aim is to eventually overthrow the government, recruit others to break down the separation of church and state, abolish the freedom of religion etc, they can be seen as a threat and an enemy to the constitution.

    Its all perspective baby
    Last edited by iam; 04-13-07 at 12:28 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by iam View Post
    if anyone hasn't figured out yet, religion is a political system using 'god' as a figurehead.
    You know nothing about religion. Religion can be a political system, but it is entirely different overall. Don't be so conservative to make the mistake of associating two similar things as though they were one in the same. That is just complete B.S. By the way, you pissed me off. You should just shut the hell up until you know what the Bahai'i faith is all about, because you sure have a lot of nerve.

    We don't need religion.
    You don't need religion. Stop trying to speak for other people that don't concure with your B.S. Of course we need religion. We don't need other people's religion. But we certainly need our own religion.

    I'm not like those christian nutcases. In fact I'm not a christian at all. I am the new prophet of god. My mission is promote Draniesm or basically the understanding faith that god is not a being but rather a force and thus it should be associated as something other than a being. Basically I am on a crusade to actually end absurd religion, while you my friend are busy recieving hate mail. My idea is that we should try to understand each other and promote peace rather than be primitive enough to attack each other. But I shouldn't have to spend anytime trying to understand you, when you aren't willing to understand anyone else.

    a society only needs sane laws
    Laws are made by morals and morals are made by religious understandings. It was the type or use of religion that we need to concern ourselves with, Bush fanatic.

    and a democratic system to keep eachother from destroying eachother
    based on religious affiliation.
    Destroying religious affiliation in it self will destroy people. You need to stop trying to force your ideas down people's throat like a preecher and start following the Draneian faith.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    You know nothing about religion. Religion can be a political system, but it is entirely different overall. Don't be so conservative to make the mistake of associating two similar things as though they were one in the same. That is just complete B.S. By the way, you pissed me off.



    You don't need religion. Stop trying to speak for other people that don't concure with your B.S. Of course we need religion. We don't need other people's religion. But we certainly need our own religion.

    I'm not like those christian nutcases. In fact I'm not a christian at all. I am the new prophet of god. My mission is promote Draniesm or basically the understanding faith that god is not a being but rather a force and thus it should be associated as something other than a being. Basically I am on a crusade to actually end absurd religion, while you my friend are busy recieving hate mail. My idea is that we should try to understand each other and promote peace rather than be primitive enough to attack each other. But I shouldn't have to spend anytime trying to understand you, when you aren't willing to understand anyone else.



    Laws are made by morals and morals are made by religious understandings. It was the type or use of religion that we need to concern ourselves with, Bush fanatic.



    Destroying religious affiliation in it self will destroy people. You need to stop trying to force your ideas down people's throat like a preecher and start following the Draneian faith.

    Are you retarded? i'm a bush fanatic? I'm a conservative? Retardass, if you want to label me, I'm a leftist more than anything. You are arguing with me a point i haven't made by demonizing me into a position that I don't represent? I'm not trying to force my beliefs on anyone, i'm talking about institionalized religion.

    Now you are the new prophet of god and you are not trying to force your opinions down others throat as you are doing to me, uhuh. When i'm just calling a spade a spade and exposing religion as a political system under a label called 'religion'. If it thinks like a political system, smells like one, acts like one, it is one.

    Are you an american? I thought so.
    Last edited by iam; 04-13-07 at 12:40 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by iam View Post
    Are you retarded?
    Do I look like I'm spatting out mere nonesense of which I know nothing about? Honestly, am I really that closely related to you? I sure hope not.

    i'm a bush fanatic?
    Well if it it acts like a Bush Fanatic, looks like a Bush Fanatic, and speaking like a Bush Fanatic then it sure must be a Bush Fanatic. So yes you are indeed a Bush Fanatic, my in denial friend.

    I'm a conservative?
    Well you sure aren't speaking of any liberal ideology I've heard of.


    Retardass
    Don't be a douchebag. Grow up.


    if you want to label me
    Like you just did to me, right? Really mature of you, right? Couldn't avoid it, right? Not really such a bright kind of guy, right? Sorry for "trolling", but you've pissed me off.

    I'm a leftist more than anything.
    So left that you turn out to be right all along? Yeah, that's very true. You are very much like heading west (left) from the United States and ending up in the Eastern (Right) hemisphere. That is very much true. It is almost as if the political spectum was actually a circle and you headed so left that you ended up on the far right of political spectrum.

    You are arguing with me a point i haven't made by demonizing me into a position that I don't represent?
    Was that a question or a statement, because I just can't tell considering how you act.

    I'm not trying to force my beliefs on anyone, i'm talking about institionalized religion.
    Well there is something we can agree on, but I don't think you understand what religion really is and how it is associated with our reasoning skills.

    Are you an american? I thought so.
    No actually I'm from UR-ANUS. No I'm kidding with you. I'm from Quebec.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Do I look like I'm spatting out mere nonesense of which I know nothing about? Honestly, am I really that closely related to you? I sure hope not.



    Well if it it acts like a Bush Fanatic, looks like a Bush Fanatic, and speaking like a Bush Fanatic then it sure must be a Bush Fanatic. So yes you are indeed a Bush Fanatic, my in denial friend.



    Well you sure aren't speaking of any liberal ideology I've heard of.


    Don't be a douchebag. Grow up.




    Like you just did to me, right? Really mature of you, right? Couldn't avoid it, right? Not really such a bright kind of guy, right? Sorry for "trolling", but you've pissed me off.



    So left that you turn out to be right all along? Yeah, that's very true. You are very much like heading west (left) from the United States and ending up in the Eastern (Right) hemisphere. That is very much true. It is almost as if the political spectum was actually a circle and you headed so left that you ended up on the far right of political spectrum.



    Was that a question or a statement, because I just can't tell considering how you act.



    Well there is something we can agree on, but I don't think you understand what religion really is and how it is associated with our reasoning skills.



    No actually I'm from UR-ANUS. No I'm kidding with you. I'm from Quebec.
    Huh?? You are too stupid to be on this board.

    How you think i'm a bush fanatic can only by conjured up in your delusional, reality-challenged imagination.

    Pfft! Keep arguing with your imaginary bush fanatic phantom! You are entertaining though.

  10. #10
    I'm not like those christian nutcases. In fact I'm not a christian at all. I am the new prophet of god. My mission is promote Draniesm or basically the understanding faith that god is not a being but rather a force and thus it should be associated as something other than a being. Basically I am on a crusade to actually end absurd religion, while you my friend are busy recieving hate mail. My idea is that we should try to understand each other and promote peace rather than be primitive enough to attack each other. But I shouldn't have to spend anytime trying to understand you, when you aren't willing to understand anyone else.
    Idiot, christians as well as islamist would disagree with you. They could care less about your interpretation of 'god' as a force.

    Lol, That can't even be qualified as a religion. What is this, dummy? Taoism reinvented by you with a star wars label the "force." HAHAHAHALOLOLOL!!!!

    I don't adhere to religion, you delusional nutcase!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by iam View Post
    Huh?? You are too stupid to be on this board.
    YEah that's what all the cool kids say nowadays. Thanks for clearing that one up. [singing]I am too stupid for this board. To stupid for this board. To stupid, it hurts. [/singing]

    You are aware that stupid is a synonym for cool. Oh wait, you didn't right? WATCH WHAT YOU SAY, PAL!

    Nah I'm just fooling with you. I know what you meant to say, but it was SO cheesey that I could have read it out of context.

    How you think i'm a bush fanatic can only by conjured up in your delusional, reality-challenged imagination.
    Oh just like how you used your "delusional, reality-challenged imagination" to conjure up that comeback? Oh come on, there are obvious grammar mistakes, pal. You need to chill out and stop being so uptight and unreasonable. Do you honestly think it will make you any different from the typical Bushaholics?


    Pfft! Keep arguing with your imaginary bush fanatic phantom!
    Groovey.


    You are entertaining though.
    I'm glad you find me entertaining. I find you to be quite mentally stimulating. And by the way, you are only hurting yourself. Keep it up, let's see how long you can bear with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by iam View Post
    Idiot, christians as well as islamist would disagree with you. They could care less about your interpretation of 'god' as a force.

    Lol, That can't even be qualified as a religion. What is this, dummy? Taoism reinvented by you with a star wars label the "force." HAHAHAHALOLOLOL!!!!

    I don't adhere to religion, you delusional nutcase!
    You are aware of there being an edit button, right? Nice job at making a fool of yourself, pal.
    Last edited by Darkseid; 04-13-07 at 01:14 PM.

  12. #12
    ^ Idiot, religionists do not and will not agree with your interpretation of god as a 'force'.

    They don't care or see you as the new prophet of religion because there is nothing new about it. It's not a religion, religionists need a defined entity to establish power because they are a political system.

    The 'power of the force' disattached to a contrived political agenda is too vague and democratic.

    That is why i'm exposing religion for what it is, you are arguing with the wrong person.

    You pretend to want to abolish absurd religion but are congruently supporting religion that is hypocritical and prejudicial. You are full of shit.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by iam View Post
    ^ Idiot, religionists do not and will not agree with your interpretation of god as a 'force'.

    They don't care or see you as the new prophet of religion because there is nothing new about it. It's not a religion, religionists need a defined entity to establish power because they are a political system.

    The 'power of the force' disattached to a contrived political agenda is too vague and democratic.

    That is why i'm exposing religion for what it is, you are arguing with the wrong person.

    You pretend to want to abolish absurd religion but are congruently supporting religion that is hypocritical and prejudicial. You are full of shit.
    A douchebag says what?

  14. #14
    ^Dumbass, your beliefs go against religion. Absurdly, you claim that you are trying to abolish religion or 'christian nutcases' yet hypocritically you claim your version of religion is right and that others should be able to keep their religion.

    Which is it? Or are you schizophrenic?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by iam View Post
    ^Dumbass, your beliefs go against religion. Absurdly, you claim that you are trying to abolish religion or 'christian nutcases' yet hypocritically you claim your version of religion is right and that others should be able to keep their religion.

    Which is it? Or are you schizophrenic?
    Again, a douchebag says what?

  16. #16
    Critical thinking stumps you up, I see. Schizo, new prophet of god! Lol.

    I think jesus christ was shizophrenic as well. Well, at least if he had been real.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by iam View Post
    Critical thinking stumps you up, I see. Schizo, new prophet of god! Lol.

    I think jesus christ was shizophrenic as well. Well, at least if he had been real.
    Thank you I feel very much obliged.

    Can I do more to humor your senselessly frantic mind? Perhaps some warm tea and a crumpet or two?

  18. #18
    Tit, the bottomline is you don't need religion to run a government. You just need a philosophy.

    For instance, in america freedom of religion is law. Not because religion is important because people want to practice and nurse their own fantasies. Fundamental religion is actually contradictory to the foundations of the political ideology america is founded on. The law is in place to keep these authoritarian-minded fanatics from gaining political power.

    China is atheistic, it runs fine without religion.

  19. #19
    Well this is getting us no where. Might I suggest that you should quit it at this game before one of us should get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by iam View Post
    Tit, the bottomline is you don't need religion to run a government. You just need a philosophy.

    For instance, in america freedom of religion is law. Not because religion is important because people want to practice and nurse their own fantasies. Fundamental religion is actually contradictory to the foundations of the political ideology america is founded on. The law is in place to keep these authoritarian-minded fanatics from gaining political power.

    China is atheistic, it runs fine without religion.
    China is not atheistic. I'm of chinese descent so I should know. They are secular and nontheistic mostly, definitely different from being athiestic.

    There are such things as religions that don't have a god like Spiritualism and Draneism.
    Last edited by Darkseid; 04-13-07 at 02:03 PM.

  20. #20

    Angry

    Just busting in here, my arguing chappies. So you know my opinions, I have to agree with the Dramadism guy in his analyzation of the other guy as a bush fanatic and a fool. And you can't truly compare democracy vs. well being, becuase you can have both with a good balance of religion, sense, and secularism. America is crumbling becuase this balance has gone awry. Homosexuals breaking into St. Pat's and using the altar as a porceline throne? Flag burning? We can't have a theocracy (look at aincient Israel!), but we can't have a completely secular government either. And where the hay has religious freedom and the freedom of speech gone, but we can't take them to a rediculous extent on either side.
    Last edited by Fungezoid; 04-13-07 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •