black people, white people, asian people.???????????????

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 13, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

why do we call black people "black" and white people "white" but we dont call oriental people yellow anymore do we, because its seen as racist by some people.

we are a little foolish maybe?, i do not know, why is a caribbean person and aboriginal branded the same as an african because of there skin colour?,

black people are brown not black, and white people are light brown or pinkish beige not white,

i have seen mixed race people who are lighter than white people bieng called "black, when they are lighter than the person who is bieng called white, its kinda stupid really isnt it,

if you want to call somebody a certain colour just to quickly brand them in a catagory because you dont know there exact racial background, why not atleast call them the right colour?

are you realy white like a piece of paper? no i dont think so, are you realy black like a playstation 2, no i dont think so,

i tan quite brown in the summertime, and when somebody calls me white i say to them are you colourblind? they say what do you mean? i reply well do you know the difference between light brown and white? then they see my point,

i know indian people that are darker skinned than "black" people, yet they are called brown, while light skinned "black" people are called black when they are more like a light pastey brown colour, it is quite annoying actualy,

how can you brand a south american, a caribbean, an african, and australian aboriginal, all as "black" as if they are all the same race when they are not atall, and brand an english, italian, french, russian, alaskan, and light brazilian etc all the same as "white" like they are all the same when they are not.

if you want to get technical about any of this, and say well the other "black people come from africa down the line, my reply is that we are all from africa to begin with, so just call us all black, or brown or whatever

see what i mean?

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

language is organic and changing and rarely consistant and even your ideas above don't fit many english users use of race words, though the sloppiness issue is the same. We are not regimented language users. At least the terms above are less charged than the ones used 50 years ago, more widely that is.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, look at it this way ....if you were robbed and beaten by four big, black guys, would you tell the police, "I was beaten and robbed by four big guys." or would you try to describe them a little better in the hope of getting some justice?

Orientals aren't really "yellow" ...and certainly not enough so as to make such a distinction as black versus white. But dont forget, we also have many good, derogatory terms for orientals ...like slant-eyes, perhaps?

Nope, I don't.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i knew baron would say something like that.

and my answer is this, no why would i call them black when they are brown?

i first of all am not a snitch and do not report things to the police, i would accept the beating and move on, (this is anouther matter altogether i am aware but its the truth)

i hypertheticaly in an ideal world would say 4 brown guys maybe of african or caribbean origin, but i can usualy tell the difference between a carib and an african, unless they are mixed then i would assume they are african most likely,

this isnt realy a race issue with what i am "complaining" about, more of a get your colours right issue.

would you call light brown piece of paper white? or a brown pot of paint black? i think not,

peace.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But they used to be black ....black like coal and the ace of spades! The only reason they're lighter now is due to the influx of white blood which is due to white men fucking black women. Got it now?

Interesting that you should mention that. Go to the paint store and ask to see their "white" paint. There's about a gazillion different "white" paint colors. And interestingly, "white" paper comes in about two gazillion different shades of white ....yet it's all called "white".

Baron Max

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

your funny. (in a good way)

not every single black family tree has white genes you know, there are still black gene lines without a white person bieng involved along the way,

and no black people did not used to be as black as the ace of spades

just very very dark brown.

and yes you can get different tones of white in paint shops, but you still wouldent call light brown white its called beige or light brown.

i know "white" guys who are darker than "black" guys, so how does that make sense saying white is darker than black.

my wife is "black" but she is not the colour of my socks i have on now. she is brown, so to call her black would be missleading.

imagine trying to teach this to a small child, this guy is black and so is your playstation 2, no he is not brown he is black. because i said so.

peace.

10. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I knew this mongolian kid who was just as yellow as spongebob squarepants. He was fucking good at basketball.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i call a spade a fork and a knife a spoon.

peace.

12. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

What?

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

in reference to baron calling brown people black and light brown sometimes pinkish people white.

peace.

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

15. iam Banned Banned

Really, i've never met ANY person who was literally yellow as a yield sign. I think that would make the news.

You mean he had a sallow or olive complexion.

16. Genji Registered Senior Member

There are really black people in the Congo/Uganda/Rwanda region, Somalia and Ethiopia, aboriginal Aussies and some Bengalis. Not to mention Djiboutians.
    I know Latins that are lighter skinned than whites. Argentines, Chileans and Portuguese.

17. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

but they are still dark brown,

i would say around 99% of "black" people have black hair, and there skin is never as dark as there hair is or you wouldent be able to tell where the hair started and skin began.

get a picture of the darkest person you can find and we will vote if they are black or very very dark brown,

peace.

18. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Pure Africans are damned close to black. And don't forget that in Victorian times it was considered beautiful to be as pale as possible, so those people were close to white. An African probably looked black to a "white" person.

Regardless of the origin, it's accepted, concise, and relatively precise. Look at the alternatives: African American. First of all, it's too long. Second, how do you describe blacks from other countries?

This came up during the last olympics when some black guy was the first black to get a medal in a particular event. The problem was, he wasn't from America or Africa. So the announcer says, "This makes him the first African American.......errrr ummm, African...aaaaaaa. black to win this medal.

On the other hand, my youngest son used to call black kids brown. There were only one or two black kids in his school. And he was describing some kid that got in trouble. He said,"He's brown." I said, 'What do you mean?" He said, "His skin is brown". I said, "Oh. You mean he's black?" "No, brown" he said, and I laughed.

19. draqon Banned Banned

asians are not really yellow skinned, they are just as white.

20. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

As a "white" person I think we're as ineptly named as anybody. I'm pretty pink and most of us range from pink to tan to ever so slightly olive. The only "race" that, in my opinion, comes close to its colorful description is the Latinos as "brown." Which is no surprise because a lot of "white," "black," "red," and "yellow" people also have rather brown skin. I suspect it's the most common skin tone of our species.

21. iceaura Valued Senior Member

A friend of mine changes races twice a year - in the summer she's "black", in the winter she's "white".

If you want some interesting comments on the differences in the way people treat blacks and whites in the US, she's a good source. Hint: racial bigotry is not a relic of a bygone era.

The blackest skin I ever saw was covering a guy from some island near India. He shone iridescent blue in direct sunlight. He was far darker than the average Nigerian immigrant in my town.

The color words work for me. Their inaccuracy doesn't matter to me, as labels. Black, red, white, yellow, brown, short words for shorthand description.

22. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

We are all so many shades of brown.

23. draqon Banned Banned

eskimos dont agree