simpsons, southpark, family guy, stuck in your ways theory?.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 13, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

ok my friend said to me the other day, alot of older people accept and watch simpsons, futerama, family guy and american dad etc, but will not accept or watch southpark because all of the other shows are very simular ad kinda take from the other,

he said he thinks some older people will not watch southpark because they are stuck in their ways and do not wish to change even though the humour is funny and not all that different from the other shows,

but the other shows are more layed back and not as politicaly touching and up to date as south park is, he mentioned southpark bieng too much for some older people to take,

now at first i didnt see much of a point to what my friend said, but now i think about it in a different light i see he might actualy have some kind of point, i will have to think about it more i guess, but i wanted to know what other people thought,

a guy i know who is 57 loves simpsons and family guy but he absolutely hates southpark and says it is trash. and this made me think also, because i personaly think southpark has some good morale issues.

simpsons is ok for people who are stuck in there ways,?

peace.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

same,

hey i still cant get that site to work, the flash player always jumps its starting to annoy me.

peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Some old people do, some old people don't. One should be careful about judging everyone by what only a few people do.

"All old people suck."

Baron Max

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yeah he didnt say "all" he said most, and "the ones that are stuck in there ways"

"most jews are rude assholes to other people who are not jews"

like that above
    peace.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Same thing ....making judgements based on only a few. Now if he'd said that he took a national survey of all old people and "this" is the results, I might be more willing to believe it. But he didn't, did he?

Baron Max

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

no he did not baron, your point is well taken and i agree with you.

but how about the actual question do you think it is worth any merit? because i dont have enough info to decide.

and yes he is wrong to put it like that i know. but he is dick sometimes so nevermind him,

peace.

11. FreeThinkers Registered Senior Member

I think shows such as the Simpsons are funny without going too far. I think South Park can be even funnier than the Simpsons, but I always thought it went a bit far occasionally. I stopped watching it when I saw the episode that tried to make the sexual abuse of young children funny.

12. FreeThinkers Registered Senior Member

I also hated the one where the wee kid used aborted foetuses to make a building, I thought it was sick.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

my wife was looking at me with disgust when i was laughing at the above, seriously i cant help it though, southpark does push the boundaries alot i admit, but i just cant help but laugh my freakin socks off at it,

also with errm i think it was american dad or family guy i cant remember, but stephen hawking was making disabled wheelchair love with whats her name, on the bed typing sexual moans and groans on there keypads, i was seriously laughing quite alot at that, while she was looking at the tv in horror and then glancing at me with a wide mouth and shocked look on her face, and after about 30 seconds of disbelief she finaly said "can they do that" i just looked at her and said "looks like they just did, what you think its to much" and she just stared at me again then finaly said "i cant believe it thats wrong in so many ways" then i just laughed and continued watching,

seriously i cant help it when you gotta laugh you gotta laugh.

peace.