Is this a clever satire or for real?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Jeff 152, Apr 10, 2007.

?

Clever Satire of religion, or serious fundamentalism?

1. Big joke

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. These people are serious

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Jeff 152 Registered Senior Member

Check out this website. It is so ridiculous that it makes me want to believe it is a joke; however, I honestly would not be that surprised if this was serious because I have heard things said seriously that are just as absurd. This kids page is the funniest, but check out all the links and stuff, such as the mission to fly a giant cross into space or to change the American flag to have the word GOD stamped on it. Its vast complexity and myriad of links lead me to believe that it is not a joke because of the sheer amount of work that went into it. That and the fact that many people will take it seriously and not get the satire.

But visit the site and let me know what you think..vote too.

http://objectiveministries.org/kidz/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

its serious for them.

When I scrolled over Lambuel's animal logo, the thing make scrreeching sound. I was terrified.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

"However, in 1969, Apollo astronauts placed seismic devices on the moon's surface to measure the reverberations directly1. These devices recorded the impacts of meteorites as expected, but they also picked up a strange, persistent, low-frequency waveform. When the waveform was run through audio processing computers which sped it up and applied various filters to it, it was discovered to be an echoing voice. The voice was speaking in ancient Aramaic!"

And this was under the 'educational' section.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

every aspect of life is educational, what differs is how we perceive the lesson learned. Lies are sweet. Illusions are eternally blissful. What's better the cold reality that moon is nothing but a rock or the blissful illusion that there are Gods/aliens there?

8. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Check this out! they want to close Landover Babtist website:
    http://objectiveministries.org/shutdown/

Freaks want to rule the US, please help.....

Certainly its real, but it's not a lot of work put into it, its made for kids, hence the warning of Lanover Babtists, to visit must be 21 years old..

Want to see some real work?
    http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I think it is just a very clever parody.

Love Our Lord (LOL)?

I mean, come on...
    Look at ths page
    (mouse over the baby Jesus)

This is why they hate "tricalvinists"?

Did you look at some of the "creationist" stuff they are selling?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This is real?
    I don't think so.
    There is some very clever, funny stuff, though.

I also don't think they are trying to shutdown landover, I think they are playing games, and generating publicity for them.

10. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Could be right!

11. draqon Banned Banned

they are nuts. That baby jesus thing was for sure.

12. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Wikipedia says it's a parody. I'd guess at real, but only tentatively. Some research would be required. At the moment, I can't even get a whois lookup working.

If it's a parody, it's an awful waste of space. Someone has an obsession of sorts.

13. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Well that sure educated me who'd a thunk it!!

14. zajhein Registered Member

Wow, that's scary if they're serious. The funniest part i thought was when you click on the atheist goat's head enough times he says "Hey kid, wanna read some Ayn Rand?", that's just priceless.

I also liked the children's art. They even showed a picture sent in by some anonymous person of the sheep putting up his fists at some kids yelling at them to love jesus and LOL, thus making the diversity kids cry. To me, it's obviously a criticism of their whole thing, but to them it shows that his love for god is so strong other's cry (out of joy aparently).

Or there's the picture of the kid learning how to play zelda on the Wii from jesus. If that doesn't make you laugh, I dunno what would.

15. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Living in a state (Kansas) that puts creationists on the Board of Education, I've heard a very great deal of the "reasoning" that these people come up with. I think that board is for real.

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

They are poking fun at that exact "reasoning".

17. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Perhaps, but I'm growing too old to ever again be surprised by the bible literalists.

18. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Well... Like you said, you live in Kansas and they all believe in the Great and Wonderful Wizard of Oz and buy up all his snake oil.

19. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

OH, they don't just believe, they insist that we all will believe as well