the holy books have nothing to do with god

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 9, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

the holy books teach us to be better but they have all been tainted by the hand of man, and twisted in certain ways and factors.

god could exist this is true, and it most likely is true in my opinion that some kind of higher bieng is present in some type of way somewhere,

but i would like to say too much focus is bieng put into the holy books, they do contradict there own writting, simply because they are not all the direct words of god they are manipulated by the hand of man,

atheists and religious people i ask you, does it really matter what a book says? isnt the more important issue that we help each other and try not to fight all the time? try to see our simularitys not our differences, so what if your a christian and your a muslim and your a hindu and your an atheist and he is a daoist and he is a blue panda bear. we are all human we all have the same things to deal with, lets be a bit more understanding.

i will leave it at that and let the rest of you squabble in peace.

thanks for your time.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nutter Shake it loose, baby! Registered Senior Member

Yes. For some reason millions of books are extant and many more are works in process. Books apparently matter to alot of people.

Alas, such is the by-product of Darwinism - survival of the fittest. People are going to fight.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lightgigantic Banned Banned

how do you know that something is the direct words of god or not?
    If one doesn't focus on holy books to determine what ar ethe direct worsd of god, what would one focus on?
    One's own feelings?
    One's own body of knowledge and sense of logic?
    If you think that holy books run the risk of being tainted by man, surely anything else to focus on runs an exceptionally higher risk

one thing you can learn from a holy book is the nature of intrinsic suffering in the material world - namely suffering caused by other living entities, sufferings caused by one's own body and mind and sufferings caused by environmental phenomena - if one thinks that they can surmount these inherent sufferings of the material world by efforts either individually or co-operative, they are mistaken - hence the solution to world suffering is to raise the spiritual understanding of the general population that everything belongs to god, and that we are guests with no real claim of proprietorship
    one can also see similarities in religion to
    I guess you are fortunate to have the opportunity to leave before the tanks roll through your back yard

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

If you examine the overall consensus of the thousands of people that have had Near Death Experiences a pattern develops. The God described by people having these experiences conflicts with,for instance,the abrahamic portrayal of God. More closely resembles God as portrayed by many elements of Hinduism,the Ancient Egyptians,the Gnostics. A God that represents selfless service and unconditional love.
    My personal belief is that NDEs' provide suggestive evidence for the afterlife and God. I'm sure many athiests here would consider it simply pseudo- science, but as far as empirical evidence that they demand, I suppose it's as close as you can get.
    http://www.near-death.com

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  8. VitalOne Banned Banned

I say the direct words of Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, and others are the most reliable books...

9. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, why was Mohammad not included in that list?

10. VitalOne Banned Banned

Because Mohommad was just another man....where as Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, and others were those who achieved the kingdom, having full knowledge of the essential truth....

11. grover Registered Senior Member

Nova, if you want to hear some psuedo-science have an atheist explain to you that mind is material and an emergent phenomenon. Psuedo-science at it's finest.

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

ok i will reply.

i guess i judge it by if it contradicts itself along the line or not,

you can learn alot from holy books i agree, you can also learn alot from non holybooks, i enjoy reading various holy books, i dont think there is a religious book that i havent read, (hopefully there is so i can read it).

most religions are simular they just dont use it to work together,

it would be nice if the world had a greater spiritual understanding, but i dont think suffering would ever be totaly abolished no matter how enlightened we all became, we need to suffer in many ways. suffering is not all bad we should learn to love the bad and the good.

i dont disagree with much you say though.

peace.