Astronomical Architecture of Great Pyramid

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Apr 8, 2007.

1. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

440 Royal Cubits (20.632 inches per Cubit) per base side of the Great Pyramid of Giza, 280 for the height, so two base sides, 880, divided by 280, equals Pi, and the base perimeter length of the Great Pyramid is half a nautical mile, so it's a reduction of the dimensions fo the Earth by a factor of 43,200, derived from the rate of precession, 72 years per 1 degree of 360 degrees.

The ancients measured the radius of the Earth, according to the rate of precession, by measuring one side of a hexagon which is circumscribed by the circle of the Earth, and subdivided this length by 7,200 for the base perimeter length of the Great Pyramid, and therefrom, the length of the royal cubit.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Is that what they did, or is that just the way it works out? (assuming your calculations are correct in the first place)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

They got the size of the Earth by either:
    A) figuring it out from the precession (how, exactly) or
    B) measuring one side of a hexagon that circumscribed the Earth (how did they get the hexagon and its size?)
    Try to stay consistent...:shrug:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

how many frikken times are you going to rehash this garbage?
    i mean, like 6 threads aren't enough?

8. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

For the architects and engineers out there, who have wondered how the Great Pyramid was surveyed with such precision, this is undoubtedly news to them, so just sharing.

9. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Oli, the ancients measured the 72 years/degree rate, and triangulated 60 degrees for the measure of the distance of one side of the hexagon which is circumscribed by the circle of the Earth, and so, measured the radius of the Earth, quite simple really.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Yeah right. And they got the length of the hexagon from...?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  11. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

By triangulating a star's position to where it would be after 4,320 years (60 degrees) of precession, the length of the line between those two points was known to be the Earth's radius length, and so, then was subdivided by 7,200 for the base perimeter length of the Great Pyramid.

12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Triangulating to where it WOULD be? Err, no. You triangulate from known positions, not speculative ones. Keep trying.

13. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The whole point is that they did know the stars' future positions, you'll catch on eventually.

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Okay, so this is some "ancient gods were aliens" thing? If they knew where the star was going to be then surely they would have known (or been given) the size of the Earth without going through all the geometry palaver.
    This isn't engineering, or architecture. I've done enough of both to say that with some certainty.
    Pseudoscience please, mod.

15. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Er, maybe you won't catch on eventually.

16. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Thanks. I hope not.

17. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

To the mods at sciforums, pseudoscience is science, and science is pseudoscience, pretty funny.

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The mods and many others here have no idea how the Great Pyramid was surveyed, but they "know" it wasn't the way I demonstrate, go figure.

19. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

That remark, coming from a guy that has
    on his website is verging on irony, methinks....

20. Nutter Shake it loose, baby! Registered Senior Member

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

Bing! Bang! Boomerang!

21. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Thanks for that Nutter, I can always count on you.

22. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

I had a strange Lucid dream which I held the Eye of Knowledge levitating around pyramids. I was struggling with an army when I decided to continue do what I was doing. I magically opened flaps in pyramids walls with the eye of knowledge key. These pyramids were of another planet near caves.

the Eye of Knowledge:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. kwhilborn Banned Banned

yes, but in constructing any triangle, you will always find mathematical constants. i.e a triangle will always have 180 degrees from its acute angles.

just a point. I do think previous civilizations must have been as advanced as us at some points.

in a 100 million years from now, there may be nothing left from our civilization to say that we were here and possessed advanced physics, even the pyramids will have long turned to dust by then.

Science can accurately carbondate previous animate objects, but I think aging our earth is still mostly guesswork.