Head & Shoulders.. Anti-Dandruff Shampoo of choice for Satan..

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Bells, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Bells Staff Member

I found myself laughing when I read through this article. Not at the subject, but that their business was affected so greatly by the rumours themselves. I found myself laughing with sadness that people actually are that gullible and down right stupid.

Yes that's right, it would appear the anti-dandruff shampoo of choice for Satan is Head & Shoulders. Not to mention Pampers is the choice for parents with little devil's of their own to care for.

Now the rival company in this instance happens to be some of the distributors of Amway products. The reason they based the rumours on?

:bugeye:

Amazing.

P & G were subjected to calls and boycotts of their products because a rival company decided to use fear of the Satan in the US market of personal goods.. by saying that their rival gave money to the devil. And amazingly enough, people fell for it.

That people fell for it and actually went so far as boycotting P & G is what astounds me in this case.

Got to love the gullible..

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

It does not surprise me that these people are so gullible.... look at the religion they already believe in... its a short step from there into any other areas of delusion.

Scammers know to go after church people, they will believe almost anything.

(The above message contains generalizations, if you are upset by the post please pm for a suggestion for good medication for you)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Unfounded rumors and nasty ennuendos can hurt. Ask any high school girl who has been subjected to rumors that she's a whore or a slut. If people say it enough, ....?

Why is it you think it's not as serious for a company and its products?

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

There's a Church of Satan?

8. Bells Staff Member

Oh I think it is very serious for P & G. This has been going on for years and should never have been allowed to. To spread malicious rumours in such a fashion is criminal in my opinion. How this could have been allowed to carry on for as long as it did surprised me a bit.

But what really had me shocked was that people actually believed what the Amway distributors were saying. Are they really simply that dumb (for lack of a better term)?

I would never have thought it was even remotely possible to use Satan as a tactic to win in a market. I guess I just assumed people would see through it. But it would appear not as P & G faced boycotts from Christian groups because they were gullible enough to believe. But I guess people are stupid in general and if they really want to believe in something, they will, no matter how stupid it might be.

9. orcot Valued Senior Member

Wasn't that guy nowend to be the most beutiful angel as long as they don't put humanblood/fetuses/foreskins/... inside then I don't realy care

10. Circe Registered Senior Member

Many people boycott P&G because the company refuses to abandon animal testing, but this satanic connection is just plain funny. People are indeed very gullible.

11. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Few people in the UK have heard of Amway. I only know the name because of a documentary I saw on them a while back. Um, they're dodgy to say the least:
    See also this for more related fun and games:

http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/procter.asp

12. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I've been to Amway meetings (I went to a LARGE one in North Carolina for which they rented oput a stadium-sized convention center and packed it).
    It VERY much felt like a Christian Fundamentalist cult meeting in there.

13. Coolies! Yes! Wait a minute... no Registered Senior Member

God! Fooking Christians, what does it matter. Praising God doesn't actually do anything physically so if the P&G symbol just so happened to be similar to something else its not gonna open a portal to hell and let the devil pop out. Just like wearing a crucifix does actually let God enter this world and cure all the evils of the people who praise him. The actions of "God" and "The Devil" are only ever done by people, no mystical forces.

14. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

I couldn't give a toss if they're funding a devil worship cult with their profits. Good for them. Whatever floats your boat. Until they start sacrificing virgins, I don't think there's much to worry about, and they should be left to play.

Not that I believe they are, of course.