God's DNA

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by PsychoticEpisode, Mar 21, 2007.

1. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Suppose Christ really is the son of God, conceived(method unknown) & gestated in the womb of a human being. A combination of genetic material resulting in something resembling a human being, Jesus in this case.

Now I'm pretty sure DNA, despite its marvelous complexity, is still only just matter. Life mechanism aside, all DNA is a collection of particles. If God's DNA contained these particles then it suggests that God is not a ethereal being but one of substance. If so or not how did God's DNA become composed of said particles before He created them?

I mean if He pumped in some of his genetic material into Mary by whatever means then He had to be made of matter or at least his sperm was. God came(no pun intended) before matter because according to legend, He created it. It looks like God, part of God or His DNA is composed of His own creation. How is that possible?

Is God part human? or possibly just plain human? If His divine spunk can grow a child in a human womb then all women are capable of giving birth to Gods. What's that make us? Gods?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

If God is God, then God can make himself any physical body he likes. Working within his own rules, I would imagine that his earthly form would coincide with what we imagine as a 'perfect being'. His seed he created just as he created anything else in this universe. Or perhaps he never made the seed and simply created the embryo inside Mary's womb. As Jesus, I assume God would have taken on an almost schizophrenic stage, being at both times the motivator of the universe as well as the human, Jesus. Though it is hard to distinguish whether Jesus was able to perfom miracles merely as a perfect human being, or because he was God. How I imagine it is that God created the human, Jesus, which he let himself experience as a limited being. But limited as he was, he was still a perfect human, and was able to do things we could not fathom of doing, and was able to see how humanity could live together from a human perspective instead of a God perspective. He proved it could be done, even though most still deny it in their actions today.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Tough to get around the God can do anything angle. Well it looks like He couldn't give birth to a son without some help.

Parthenogenisis or was Mary hiding a deep secret, either way Jesus not related to God gentically unless God's spirit is encoded on the human genome. Don't know if we can isolate that gene. So truthfully speaking, Jesus is not the biological son of God. Even if God had to make his own sperm it still isn't really His formally? In the long run I think it was a good thing Joseph didn't think he was the father.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Is that he couldn't or that he didn't want to? Perhaps he wanted the shock angle of a virgin birth.

8. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Depends. What's more shocking? A woman giving birth or God actually showing up and either giving birth Himself or making an infant (or an adult)right there in front of everybody?

9. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Maybe God's shy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But regardless, I only mean to point out that "couldn't" shouldn't be a word applied to the Christian God because it simply doesn't apply. God can apparently do anything it wants, so it becomes a matter of choice, not ability.

10. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

I guess it's safe to say God personally has no DNA. But if HE wanted some He either makes it and calls it His own or He becomes a human, sort of. Back then if you knew a woman the biblical way then after the deposit she is no longer a virgin which probably rules out God becoming human since he would need to get jiggy.

How did Mary know it was of divine origin?

11. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Jesus had half Mary's genes and half The Holy Spirit's genes. It's safe to say the Holy Spirit had a beard.

12. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Maybe it was all Mary's genes via asexual reproduction, and Jesus just happened to be spiritually God's son?

13. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Did he look like his mother and not like the milkman?

I wonder if Jesus had reproductive equipment? What would he need it for?

14. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Many of the mothers of famous dying demigod savior sons shared that angle of a virgin birth.

15. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Mary Magdalen, of course!

16. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Hebrews states that jesus is the exact physical appearance of god, (i.e god's a hippy).

There is however a serious problem with that which comes in the form of corinthians:

'Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him'

C'mon god, pay attention to the things you say.. Get a haircut.

17. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

You forgot the halo.

If you take the current popular artist's renditions of Christ's appearance and compared it to the mug shot of the all-time bad ass king of hippie communal living, Charles Manson, there is quite a similarity. Nice to know Christ's influence is everywhere.

18. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Mary knew what to do with the 'divining rod' when she wasn't kissing feet.

Seriously, why would Jesus be equipped with the means to reproduce? Did He get a package from Dad?

19. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Actually you stumble upon a decent point. Who is it that goes into a bar and everyone says "hey, you look like jesus"? It is the unkempt, the dirty seemingly unhygienic people.

Not to say that those people are serial killers, but it does strike me as odd that the person some would consider the most sinless, most worthy of all people is actually remembered when we look at the most slovenly.

20. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Looks like people's attitudes towards the dishevelled in Biblical times was no different than today's. Seems like the Jews probably had a messiah a little more dapper in mind. Makes sense. If Jesus was not the son of a carpenter but of the guy who owned the lumberyard maybe he would have been accepted.

I have to agree, as Jesus goes, so goes God albeit a bit unkempt. Bloodlines, like father like son, including appearance. Why is that? And they both dig chicks named Mary...coincidence?

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

basically you are working out of the theory that life is sufficiently created by matter - since this runs directly against the teachings of practically any religion you care to mention, it won't lead to a fruitful understanding of god

22. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Simply stated, all I was saying is this: God inseminated mary with DNA which is composed of matter. Since God existed before matter was created then where did God get his DNA? But as usual there is no defence for the God can do anything retort unless there is something He can't do.

How fruity is it today, all religions are in agreement in understanding God?

23. lightgigantic Banned Banned

DNA is not life
    it is the chemical information system that life uses in association with matter
    if you think otherwise quote a scientific research paper that qualifies DNA as life

in general yes
    omnipotent, cause of all causes, eternal controller etc etc