HUGE SURPRISE: Halliburton Packs Up Its Bags,

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The Demorats, have for how long attacked Halliburton?, and now that they are in power, Halliburton has finally had enough, and decided to do business some else were and the Demorats are surprised? How many other companies have left our shores because of the business climate the Demorats have generated? How many jobs have left this country because of the hatred the Demorats have for successful business that provides the jobs for American People? what has happened to our oil industry because of the shut down of areas that could be drilled for oil, provide jobs for Americans, ease our energy problems, provide transition time to the next fuel source, it all starts with energy, all our business runs on energy, and with out energy why should business stay in America, especially when they are forced to collect taxes from the American People and turn it over to the Government, and then be threatened with the confiscation of their profits because Hillary doesn't think it fair for them to make a profit. Good by jobs! watch them go, Halliburton will set a trend and we will see more business move offshore.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Cheney must be upset.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

its probably more a case of them leaving so that the justice department cant confiscate their records.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Jobs for Americans?
    Companies leaving our shores?
    I can't stand when full of shit aplologists cherry pick disparate bits and pieces of "evidence" that will shore up whatever arguments they are making for their particular brand ideology.

What about Reagan and the Bushes squashing the Tarrifs, hamstringing labor unions, and other measure that have made it easier to import cheap goods and outsource cheap labor, effectively crippling the manufacturing jobs in the country? Not the manufacturing "industry", mind you, before you bother posting some useless number about how the US manufacturing industry is booming due to cheap, unregulated, overseas labor.

The Republican party has done unmeasurable damage to the manufacturing jobs and other skilled labor in this country, yet neo-cons come out and bitch about Haliburton laving the country and the resulting loss of a few jobs in a corrupt corporation that was bilking Americans out of billions of dollars?
    Kiss my ass.
    Haliburtion is one of the most corrupt companies operating in this country and I, for one, am GLAD if they are gone.

Can someone post a link please if they are actually gone?

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

For the record, it was Clinton who signed NAFTA.

But regardless, freetrade is usually a good thing. Yes tariffs can protect a particular industry, but at a cost to the overall economy that outweighs the benefit.

Look at steel tariffs. They, no doubt, helped keep some jobs in the US steel industry. That's good. Especially for my family as many of my relatives work in steel mills. But the increased price every industry that uses steel must pay hurts all those other industries. Are they less important than steel?

On the other hand, excessive regulation costs us many jobs for no real benefit. Look at what's happened to IPO's in the US since passage of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. Prior to that, the US had more IPO's than anyone. Now we're third behind London and Hong Kong. Many small companies are reverting from public to private to avoid it's onerous requirements.

That's just one example. But imagine you run a company that's been accused by members of one political party of being the physical incarnation of Satan on earth. Now imagine that party comes into power. What would you do?

9. Genji Registered Senior Member

The criminal traitors at Halliburton are evading investigations into wrongdoing, ripping off the American taxpayer and for hiding shady business practices, all legal in their favorite sheikdom. There they can shelter their stolen wealth and hide individuals that would be prosecuted in a democracy. Good Riddance Traitors! Watch out for Freedom Bombers!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

It is simple taxreasons why they are leaving. After all American soldiers died for their profits, why should they pay taxes in return???

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Doesn't seem like it:
    Nor does it looks like jobs will be lost:
    However:

12. Genji Registered Senior Member

Need taxes to pay for Bush Wars.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Everyone sing with me! Come on, take the money and run! Whoo, wooo, wooo!

The carpetbagging scum are afraid of Democratic supoena power, freeze their assets now! This is the biggest organized crime swindle in the history of mankind.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

That was truly one of the most poignant posts I've read in a long time.

Thanks Sam!

Michael

(believe it or not I've been told I can be a little long-winded myself. Something to the effect of I like my own voice

)

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Now that Halliburton has lost it's Cheney no-big contracts, this year alone their profits have dropped a staggering 40%!!!

They're making a run for it.

16. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

The biggest rats always leave a sinking ship first.

17. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Lol, damn those Dems..

- N

18. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear Buffalo,

thank you for the thread you have just started.

i agree the democrats are a bunch of whankers, their last president committed one of the biggest acts of terrorism in history by destroying half the Pharmaceutical manufacturing capacity of a thrid world country.

the democrats are dispicable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

PS to echo Nick, Darth Cheeney must be pissed

19. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Does this mean you're opting out of anti-missle dense of your house/city?

I'll sign that petition.

20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

All they have to do is take more than IIRC 38% of their income from overseas operations, and those operations escape US taxes - whether they are incorporated in Delaware or not.

This saves them a lot on taxes legally, while also putting their records beyond subpeona and their executives beyond extradition; and without barring them from government contracts with the US.

So does incorporation in Delaware: lots of companies incorporate in Delaware, for tax advantages. Delaware has a poor public school system, for some reason.

Dubai Ports still has oversight of security in those controversial ports, btw - Just keeping up with the old scandals, while the new ones come in.

21. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

there is no way for me to express just how full of shit this statement is. Talk about whining.

22. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Also, why is this thread a Sticky?

Another reason for Halliburton to leave is the drying Texas oilwells. You can't be an energy trading company without energy...

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Syzygys, I don't know as I didn't make it one.